wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<678
Best ways of saving money during these hard times.
mthaka
#141 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 8:34:59 PM

buy meat from ur local butchery,
KERUJAMES
#142 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 12:31:57 PM

I look forward to writing an article about this topic in my blog soon. I'm using this thread for research purposes and so far I really like the ideas that Kenyans are posting. :)
Do you want a FREE ticket to an upcoming business mentorship meeting? Click on this link, LIKE and leave a comment claiming your FREE TICKET.
kiash
#143 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:20:46 PM

Actually , i do not know if my ideas are workable in Kenya but i have tried and i know they work. You are forced to save for several months to cater for air ticket to Kenya + all that comes with a trip home, remember my fears Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly you can see if there are supermarkets that offer points when you shop there.It may not seem a lot but at the end of the year you might have saved on 2 trolleys or more.
-> Look for supers that have discounts, like at end month so you stock on stuff that are not perishables.
-> i usually calculate price in KGs , i learnt how much you are ripped off when you look at size and all thinking that its cheaper coz its small . look at price per KG utashangaa.
-> As for petrol/gas i have looked around and know where its cheap. They are also stations that offer discounts if you buy like say 50 litres , so i wait till when i can top up 50 l.
-> As for booze, go to the supermarket and buy it from there its always cheaper. Thats for drinking on week days utaona marafiki on the wkend
-> For those who use mats, i do not see why you have to go to town every day even on wkends whe you do not have any business to do.
-> Buy your own shaving machine you will save on the barber
-> When you go to shagz, stock for cheap food stuffs available to last you a week or so.
-> wacha kula mkate every morning . try pancakes they are cheaper in the long run
Lolest!
#144 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:45:44 PM

@kiash, buying a shaving machine? Will i then shave myself or have a collabo with my neighbour?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
urstill1
#145 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:34:38 AM

Lolest! wrote:
@kiash, buying a shaving machine? Will i then shave myself or have a collabo with my neighbour?

Shaving machine is very important kwani kina @Kiash where shaving alone can be an equivalent of Ksh 2k + taxes.
ZZE123
#146 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:37:37 AM

PONDI wrote:
- reduce number of ndogo ndogo.... i have.

- re-use condoms those things cost 150 for a 3 pack...the ones i like anyway,so if i can use each CD for several 'njotis' then am good ama? just make sure the one you use on njoki,aint used on achieng!!! heheh

- reduce bar friends. personally this was where i really save chums...kwanza those guys i went to primary school with...leeches big time!!

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
KERUJAMES
#147 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:50:14 AM

Be careful, re-winding CD'S might not end up being a good idea.
Do you want a FREE ticket to an upcoming business mentorship meeting? Click on this link, LIKE and leave a comment claiming your FREE TICKET.
OffersAfrica
#148 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 4:09:38 PM

Shop for deals on items you want. No need to pay full price when you can score an offer on the same item. Check OffersAfrica.combefore shopping. They have great deals from reputable businesses.
Check OffersAfrica.com and look for promos, offers & Discounts from reputable businesses before you shop and Save Instantly!
JA.KE
#149 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 12:28:27 PM

OffersAfrica is another empty shell. I have tried looking for basic offers but all their system is telling me is "
Presently no offer available in your registered city.Please search for offer in other city."
Kihara joni
#150 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 3:04:50 PM

buy later like I reaaly wnted the HTC one phone but it was too expensive, but now since there is a new one I can finally own the HTC one at only 40K
faa
#151 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:35:48 AM

sparkly wrote:
Get married and land cheaply whenever wherever. Consider the costs of mpango wa viazi: amarulla, sambuca, java, taxi, nywele, choma, fry and you are not assured.

getting married to land cheaply isnt a cost saving measure at all, it comes with many avenues of expenses,like when u are married, the fridge need have milk for morning etc,when u are bachelor,breakfast si lazima
Swenani
#152 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:05:48 AM

faa wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Get married and land cheaply whenever wherever. Consider the costs of mpango wa viazi: amarulla, sambuca, java, taxi, nywele, choma, fry and you are not assured.

getting married to land cheaply isnt a cost saving measure at all, it comes with many avenues of expenses,like when u are married, the fridge need have milk for morning etc,when u are bachelor,breakfast si lazima

Have a booty call or friends with benefits or land in a fish parlour to avoid marriage related costs and dating related costs
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
newfarer
#153 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:23:13 AM

September 1.hard times ahead.Vat on fuel.
punda amecheka
Angelica _ann
#154 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:08:32 AM

ZZE123 wrote:
PONDI wrote:

- re-use condoms those things cost 150 for a 3 pack...the ones i like anyway,so if i can use each CD for several 'njotis' then am good ama? just make sure the one you use on njoki,aint used on achieng!!! heheh

- reduce bar friends. personally this was where i really save chums...kwanza those guys i went to primary school with...leeches big time!!

You can re-use CDs d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#155 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 3:40:42 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
PONDI wrote:

You can re-use CDs d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

https://youtu.be/7fu_80gw6E8
possunt quia posse videntur
MugundaMan
#156 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 6:54:55 AM

*duplicate*
MugundaMan
#157 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 7:06:34 AM

Quit drinking 100% and chasing tufunny funny pretty looking slay queens and start going to church every Sunday. That will solve 90% of your swarms of problems; lack of money, risk of STDS and chronic incurable diseases like Herpes, poor life choices like drunk driving that could land you in jail as a common mahabusu. Laziness that comes with being a functional alcoholic (you can't go out on a site visit on Sato morning if you spent the night at the bar with your boys drinking yourself silly and talking basically nothing all night.) will disappear.

Once that is done you can get serious with life:

1. Eliminate rent from your budget by working towards owning your own home. Rent and food are two of the biggest expenses of the average person. Only someone who enjoys financial punishment pays rent for their whole life. These days to get a plot is the simplest thing. Then to build on it over time is not a big deal if you sacrifice, no matter how small you think your income is.

2. Cook and eat at home always. Eating out, especially if you have a family, is a big financial killer. Not only will you save tons of money, the home cooked food is healthier and your family will thank you for it.

3. Walk more, drive less, even if you own three cars

4. Have a radical monthly savings plan. You know the meaning of radical so I don't have to explain further

5. Despite all this, resist the temptation to become a miser. Take financial risks. Give and lend to the less fortunate freely. Spoil yourself and your family once in a while when necessary.

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu
hardwood
#158 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 11:13:21 AM

tony stark
#159 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:15:41 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Quit drinking 100% and chasing tufunny funny pretty looking slay queens and start going to church every Sunday. That will solve 90% of your swarms of problems; lack of money, risk of STDS and chronic incurable diseases like Herpes, poor life choices like drunk driving that could land you in jail as a common mahabusu. Laziness that comes with being a functional alcoholic (you can't go out on a site visit on Sato morning if you spent the night at the bar with your boys drinking yourself silly and talking basically nothing all night.) will disappear.

Once that is done you can get serious with life:

1. Eliminate rent from your budget by working towards owning your own home. Rent and food are two of the biggest expenses of the average person. Only someone who enjoys financial punishment pays rent for their whole life. These days to get a plot is the simplest thing. Then to build on it over time is not a big deal if you sacrifice, no matter how small you think your income is.

2. Cook and eat at home always. Eating out, especially if you have a family, is a big financial killer. Not only will you save tons of money, the home cooked food is healthier and your family will thank you for it.

3. Walk more, drive less, even if you own three cars

4. Have a radical monthly savings plan. You know the meaning of radical so I don't have to explain further

5. Despite all this, resist the temptation to become a miser. Take financial risks. Give and lend to the less fortunate freely. Spoil yourself and your family once in a while when necessary.

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Kumbeuna wisdom