wazua Tue, Jul 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

President & PM - me too culture -shameful.
B.Timer
#1 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:24:06 AM

Only in Kenya!
I find it perplexing that both the president and PM flew to SA for the world Cup opening ceremony!
Surely Kenya could and should have been effectively represented by either of them but not both.

From the look of things, there was only one official representative for Kenya, in which case the other can only be seen for what they are, a joy rider.

A few questions come to the fore then;

Who else was in the joy riders entourage?
How much money was spent on the joy ride affair?
How much of the funds utilized is tax payers’ money.
If the cost was borne by the Govt, does that amount to misuse/squander and/or corruption.
Was any other country represented by two high ranking Govt officials.
Was Kenya put to shame in the eyes of international community for juvenile behavior!

I didn’t like it one bit.
Dunia ni msongamano..
gadj
#2 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:02:33 PM

The PM was the joy rider, although he will defend himself that everything must be shared 50/50.
Intelligentsia
#3 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 3:05:07 PM

so during this time the VP alipita katikati yao and became both the Acting Preso & PM at the same time...
Obi 1 Kanobi
#4 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 3:14:19 PM

Sheesh!!! @B.Timer, MOVE ON. The principals went to watch the world cup, not represent Kenya. Kenya can only be represented by 11 players in the field.

I bet everyone of us would not mind watching atleast one match, and an air and match day ticket for the 2 guyz has to surely be within their entertainment budgets.

The only issue would be the man hours wasted, but again, they never do much when they are in Kenya.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
#5 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 4:50:14 PM

The President was a state guest invited by his counterpart Zuma for the WC opening. Enough said.

BBI will solve it
:)
msotoville
#6 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:17:03 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Sheesh!!! @B.Timer, MOVE ON. The principals went to watch the world cup, not represent Kenya. Kenya can only be represented by 11 players in the field.

I bet everyone of us would not mind watching atleast one match, and an air and match day ticket for the 2 guyz has to surely be within their entertainment budgets.

The only issue would be the man hours wasted, but again, they never do much when they are in Kenya.

Yep, it is within their reach, but that never stopped them from letting as losers foot the bill, innit?

Chunguza vizuri, boss. PAYE yako ndio ililipa fare, hotel, dish, ticko.....
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:31:33 PM

msotoville wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Yep, it is within their reach, but that never stopped them from letting as losers foot the bill, innit?

Chunguza vizuri, boss. PAYE yako ndio ililipa fare, hotel, dish, ticko.....

I meant the budget paid for by our PAYE, not their out of pocket cash, and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins