VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Added some HAFR today at 1.40 which is surprising since my order wasn't filled yesterday but I got in today when the range was 1.40-1.55. I guess someone was keen to take profits.

My target is 100,000 shares.

Naona utakuwa fukara my brother. But since you have committed to action, I can only wish you the best from the bottom of my as

Fukara kivipi?...I believe @sparkly has insider info concerning upcoming restructuring. HAFR has been in advanced stage looking for a strategic investor(s). I think negotiations are ongoing.

No insider information. My buys are based on the 3B inventories held by the company and 1B in deferred income vis a vis their market capitalization of 0.5B.

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2.2B of the said inventory is stalled work in progress apart from Morningside which cannot be worth more than KES 125M. Page 59-61 note 16 and 19 deffered income refers to anticipated income for projects yet to be completed! Bandia stock http://www.homeafrika.co...-ANNUAL-REPORT-2016.pdf

1. Migaa 774 Acres, Lakeview 97 Acres, Llango Kwale 22 Acres, Kerobi plains Isinya 140 Acres. Total 1,032 Acres.

2. Even if all projects are considered failed and land is sold raw and undeveloped the company market capitalisation of 0.5B implies a valuation of KShs 500k per acre.

^ Simplified for demo only.

That's where the exchange bar cometh to help you out. Most of the land is collateral at I&M, Chase, & NIC.. HAFR has pledged legal charge on the prime collateral hence the same currently belongs to the bank and not HAFR

Sounds like a listed firm I know... I think this one "owns" some flying contraptions.

Hehe. Airline and real estate are world's apart in business strategy

I am no fan of HAFR but I hope it survives and succeeds...
It's going to be tough for real estate developers unless interest rates come down to reasonable levels WITHOUT interest rate caps. Folks love GoK securities yielding 12% after tax.

@vvs I am also not a fan and I do not wish the firm to die but I can see the symptoms

From the word go, my venture into HAFR is speculative. I don't consider HAFR investment grade.

@sparkly please favor us with an update of this bandia firm, I note you bought at KES 1.40 and we are now headed to sumuni territory

My 30k Shares cost KShs 42.9k. Even if the company is liquidated today my maximum loss is KShs 42.9k. I speculate within my risk tolerance levels.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#1282 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:32:09 AM

HAL CEO says that the problem is with the founding shareholders. They want to micro-manage the company.

https://www.the-star.co....gaatamarind-ceo_c1748225
obiero
#1283 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:42:10 AM

sparkly wrote:
HAL CEO says that the problem is with the founding shareholders. They want to micro-manage the company.

https://www.the-star.co....aatamarind-ceo_c1748225

Cardinal sin has been committed.. No CEO should ever hit out at the owners in this way

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
xxxxx
#1284 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:55:53 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Cardinal sin has been committed.. No CEO should ever hit out at the owners in this way

He didn't hit out at them. He was speaking about the firm's past problems which culminated in his appointment to the CEO as one of the possible solutions. The founding shareholders/ chairman had said as much in the annual report 1 or 2 years back.

He was on the board for some time prior to the CEO role after all.
xxxxx
#1285 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:59:39 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Added some HAFR today at 1.40 which is surprising since my order wasn't filled yesterday but I got in today when the range was 1.40-1.55. I guess someone was keen to take profits.

Naona utakuwa fukara my brother. But since you have committed to action, I can only wish you the best from the bottom of my as

Fukara kivipi?...I believe @sparkly has insider info concerning upcoming restructuring. HAFR has been in advanced stage looking for a strategic investor(s). I think negotiations are ongoing.

No insider information. My buys are based on the 3B inventories held by the company and 1B in deferred income vis a vis their market capitalization of 0.5B.

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

2.2B of the said inventory is stalled work in progress apart from Morningside which cannot be worth more than KES 125M. Page 59-61 note 16 and 19 deffered income refers to anticipated income for projects yet to be completed! Bandia stock http://www.homeafrika.co...-ANNUAL-REPORT-2016.pdf

1. Migaa 774 Acres, Lakeview 97 Acres, Llango Kwale 22 Acres, Kerobi plains Isinya 140 Acres. Total 1,032 Acres.

2. Even if all projects are considered failed and land is sold raw and undeveloped the company market capitalisation of 0.5B implies a valuation of KShs 500k per acre.

That's where the exchange bar cometh to help you out. Most of the land is collateral at I&M, Chase, & NIC.. HAFR has pledged legal charge on the prime collateral hence the same currently belongs to the bank and not HAFR

Sounds like a listed firm I know... I think this one "owns" some flying contraptions.

It's going to be tough for real estate developers unless interest rates come down to reasonable levels WITHOUT interest rate caps. Folks love GoK securities yielding 12% after tax.

@vvs I am also not a fan and I do not wish the firm to die but I can see the symptoms

From the word go, my venture into HAFR is speculative. I don't consider HAFR investment grade.

@sparkly please favor us with an update of this bandia firm, I note you bought at KES 1.40 and we are now headed to sumuni territory

My 30k Shares cost KShs 42.9k. Even if the company is liquidated today my maximum loss is KShs 42.9k. I speculate within my risk tolerance levels.

Haha..@sparkly.....all along you do have some maneno firms in the portfolio?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#1286 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 10:17:27 AM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

He didn't hit out at them. He was speaking about the firm's past problems which culminated in his appointment to the CEO as one of the possible solutions. The founding shareholders/ chairman had said as much in the annual report 1 or 2 years back.

He was on the board for some time prior to the CEO role after all.

Oh. OK. Makes sense. Hopefully he holds some HAL shares as the CEO

sparkly
#1287 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 10:32:29 AM

xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Morningside Park
Migaa
Mitini Scapes
Tamarind Tree
Lakeview Heights

Haha..@sparkly.....all along you do have some maneno firms in the portfolio?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Hehehe everyone has a monkey in their bag. That is why I took profits from ARM and ran. Can't afford to carry too many monkeys.
sparkly
#1288 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 10:35:57 AM

HAL abandoned Lakeview (Kisumu) and Llango (Kwale).

Page 73 of this ingrated report - https://www.google.com/u...w0ULJ4lQfVTd62xIKz8Gwij

Wonder why it wasn't reported in the news.
HaMaina
#1289 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:16:37 AM

sparkly wrote:

Page 73 of this ingrated report - https://www.google.com/u...w0ULJ4lQfVTd62xIKz8Gwij

I've always wondered, HAL uses homes/apartments as a product, have you any idea how long it takes to produce and sell one of their products? No wonder Eveready is trading at a higher price.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
sparkly
#1290 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:44:49 AM

HaMaina wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I've always wondered, HAL uses homes/apartments as a product, have you any idea how long it takes to produce and sell one of their products? No wonder Eveready is trading at a higher price.

Typical real estate project cycle from identification of land to planning to permitting to financing to construction and selling is 10-15 years.
obiero
#1291 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:02:16 PM

sparkly wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Typical real estate project cycle from identification of land to planning to permitting to financing to construction and selling is 10-15 years.

I would have guessed 5years for smaller projects of about 10-30units

obiero
#1292 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:05:20 PM

sparkly wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sparkly wrote:

sparkly
#1293 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:24:58 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
sparkly wrote:

The bigger the longer they take.
obiero
#1294 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 5:19:57 PM

KES 0.75 per share, ladden with debt, unprofitable, rudder less.. Investment at the NSE is not easy

sparkly
#1295 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:39:40 PM

obiero wrote:
KES 0.75 per share, ladden with debt, unprofitable, rudder less.. Investment at the NSE is not easy

True, I have a 50% loss on this share. Similar to your loss on KQ. Let us see who will get out of ICU first.
obiero
#1296 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 6:49:33 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

True, I have a 50% loss on this share. Similar to your loss on KQ. Let us see who will get out of ICU first.

KQ already out of ICU, now at HDU.. Half year results to be announced on Wednesday which will give more perspective as we await the KAA-KQ tie up

Ericsson
#1297 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 8:45:32 PM

obiero wrote:

This firm should just be put under administration.
And any firm with share price below ksh.1
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#1298 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 2:45:46 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

What are you smoking?
Spikes
#1299 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 10:26:03 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

What are you smoking?

Cheap weed kutoka Migori.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Angelica _ann
#1300 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 10:38:27 PM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

What are you smoking?

Cheap weed kutoka Migori.

By the way who keeps on selling at such ridiculous low loss prices?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen