wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

TPS East Africa HY2018
Superprime1
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:19:37 PM

TPS East Africa, owner of the Serena hotels brand, cut its half-year net loss by 10.7% to Sh168.61 million in the period ended June 30th. Revenues increased by 2.3% to Sh2.68bn in the six months.

The firm said the first phase of the Nairobi Serena Hotel redevelopment will be handed over this month and expects it to impact positively on the results in the fourth quarter.
Ericsson
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:40:54 PM

Serena Hotels has posted a loss of Sh168 million in the first half of 2018, a reduction of the Sh188 million it posted same period in 2017. 
Serena attributes the loss to lower than expected sales from the foreign leisure tourism arrivals in Kenya during the first quarter and the unexpected increase in energy and other operating costs.

Going forward, the management is optimistic about the second half of 2018 due to direct flights by Kenya Airways from Nairobi to New York from October, resumption of  Air France flights to Nairobi and granting of additional flight frequency of Ethiopian airlines to Mombasa from last month.
“Based on the feedback received from our supplier of Business in traditional and new international source markets, there is increased interest in selling destination East Africa. Current forecasts indicate satisfactory outlook during the second half of 2018 for Serena Kenya, Serena Tanzania and Serena Uganda,” Management said.

Sales went up marginally to Sh2.68 billion from Sh2.62 billion in 2017.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:54:46 PM

Sad Sad

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:50:22 PM

Rather disappointing. I understand that the Serena Nairobi is suffering but the hurt is real across the board.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:44:04 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Rather disappointing. I understand that the Serena Nairobi is suffering but the hurt is real across the board.

Add also competition from new players like Radisson blue
obiero
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:36:48 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Add also competition from new players like Radisson blue

It appears on Yasserbigchair list of stocks to trade with caution

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 4:41:59 PM

https://www.standardmedi...-of-its-expansion-drive

Serena Hotel is gearing up for expansion into the populous Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

According to Managing Director, Mr Mahmud Janmohamed in an interview with The Standard, they have identified a hotel in the mining town of Goma where they will be assuming management roles later in the month of July, 2019.

''We are expanding our footprint into DRC. It is a management contract,'' the MD said.
sparkly
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 5:40:28 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001312199/serena-hotels-to-enter-drc-market-later-in-july-as-part-of-its-expansion-drive

Serena Hotel is gearing up for expansion into the populous Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

According to Managing Director, Mr Mahmud Janmohamed in an interview with The Standard, they have identified a hotel in the mining town of Goma where they will be assuming management roles later in the month of July, 2019.

''We are expanding our footprint into DRC. It is a management contract,'' the MD said.

Serena Kivu is just across the border in Rwanda. That area is very volatile but they should charge the mining companies premium rates to recover investment quickly.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:22:20 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001312199/serena-hotels-to-enter-drc-market-later-in-july-as-part-of-its-expansion-drive

Serena Kivu is just across the border in Rwanda. That area is very volatile but they should charge the mining companies premium rates to recover investment quickly.
Management contract. Why would one stay in Goma when (safer) Gisenyi is just a few miles away?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 2:14:09 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Management contract. Why would one stay in Goma when (safer) Gisenyi is just a few miles away?

Friendly politics after the latest general elactions. To be enjoyed for a limited period
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 4:32:03 AM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Friendly politics after the latest general elactions. To be enjoyed for a limited period

A few months?
It's sad what's been happening in DRC/Zaire over the years/decades.
I wish the people of DRC well.
TPSEA is going to run the hotel which is better than owning assets in DRC.
KK bailed out of DRC after building a new storage facility. Too much drama.
sparkly
#12 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 7:50:50 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

A few months?
It's sad what's been happening in DRC/Zaire over the years/decades.
I wish the people of DRC well.
TPSEA is going to run the hotel which is better than owning assets in DRC.
KK bailed out of DRC after building a new storage facility. Too much drama.

Clientele is UN personnel stationed around Goma. UN Mission has 20k personnel mostly stationed in Eastern DRC
sparkly
#13 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 7:52:22 PM

Good days await. Serena Nairobi renovations are almost complete.
VituVingiSana
#14 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 9:31:26 PM

sparkly wrote:
I have a few shares. I will pass by and have a look. When are FY results expected?
Ericsson
#15 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 10:12:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
I have a few shares. I will pass by and have a look. When are FY results expected?

Nunua lunch huko to promote your investment
VituVingiSana
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 12:11:00 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Spending a few days at a Serena property later in the year.
sparkly
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:33:00 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I plan to pass by for a cup of tea by the end of the month. Investigate whether they will be ready for the peak season tbis year.
sparkly
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:08:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I plan to pass by for a cup of tea by the end of the month. Investigate whether they will be ready for the peak season this year.

Passed by TPS Nairobi, had some tea there. New wing and parking complete. They are now renovating the old rooms.

Baba really likes the place, he was hanging out there.
xxxxx
#19 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:06:03 AM

sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I plan to pass by for a cup of tea by the end of the month. Investigate whether they will be ready for the peak season this year.

Passed by TPS Nairobi, had some tea there. New wing and parking complete. They are now renovating the old rooms.

Baba really likes the place, he was hanging out there.

The question is whether shareholders will make money from investing in this one. I doubt they will...at least not value investors.