186 Pages«<145146147148149>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
wukan
#2921 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 12:08:24 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Nse 20 share Index is at 3280s level which was our target from previous posts. At 3280s wave (c) is fibonacci 100% of wave (a). Also notice that the index is scraping the bottom of the parallel trend channel formed by drawing a line connecting the start of wave (a) and the end of wave (b) then drawing a parallel to pass through the end of wave (a). I expect that there may be one more slight dip below 3275 to fully complete wave (c). From that low expect the index to quickly retrace this fall and move up to beyond the previous high of 4100s.

That would make for an interesting market if it indeed does shoot above the previous 4114 high. Waiting to see how the market handles the 3000 level. I still favour the bears but a recharge of the downslide is needed to break below 3000.

Considering the macros I'm 50% doing shorts, 50% doing longs. If Treasury gets its way on the debt levels then NSE must start to factor in inflation so there is an upside. On the short term there is still no liquidity to break the 4100 level, I don't expect repeal of the interest caps any time soon until we see a more severe crisis which favours the bears below 3000.

How do you short in the KE market?

You buy the dollar. Ever since GoK did Eurobonds there is an inverse relationship b/w KE market and dollar index
wukan
#2922 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 12:39:34 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
[quote=lochaz-index]

Considering the macros I'm 50% doing shorts, 50% doing longs. If Treasury gets its way on the debt levels then NSE must start to factor in inflation so there is an upside. On the short term there is still no liquidity to break the 4100 level, I don't expect repeal of the interest caps any time soon until we see a more severe crisis which favours the bears below 3000.

How about this for the macros:

1. A 3T budget is proposed with nearly 1T composed of debt repayment(I think it will exceed that number and then some). Budget deficits, fiscal consolidation and development be damned.

2. Debt ceiling fudging - apparently local debt is no longer considered - to increase borrowing appetite of GoK at the expense of the private sector.

3. Moving from manageable debt levels to a basket case is mostly hinged on interest rate levels not necessarily the accumulation of debt. The former changes drastically and impacts the debt service ratio drastically as opposed to the latter impacting on debt to GDP ratio which is a less telling metric on debt sustainability. This has put Italy in a tricky spot in a matter of weeks.

4. Inflation finance creates a false bull market kinda like stock splits and bonus issues.

5. Not accounting for wastage, embezzlement etc returns on GoK spending has been low and already in the diminishing marginal returns zone. So as the debt service ratio is increasing the corresponding returns are shrinking.

6. IMF driven reform/structural adjustments are a messy affair and involve alot of pain both the political elite(as the Jordanian PM and some Arabic countries are finding out) and the general population - via increased taxation which is already in motion for KE. Spending power and liquidity are the lifeblood of the stock market.

@Lochaz-index, why do you proceed on the basis that politicians are rational. Politicians love crisis cooking up crisis is how they get to govern. Argentina has been messed up many times with debt and politicians get away with it. Look at what the president's senior economic adviser is saying....

Quote:
A tight fiscal policy/easy monetary policy mix is appropriate when easing government from a high deficit and where monetary policy is used to offset reduced growth momentum caused by cuts in fiscal spending.

The policy mix allows for growth of output to continue on target, but mainly shouldered by the private sector. It is thus a “switching” policy mix whose main effect is to shift output momentum from government to the private sector.

https://www.businessdail...946-14wx2h9z/index.html

contrast that with what CBK governor was saying a few weeks ago
Quote:
“This is not time for hubris. This is time for action. Make no mistake, the CBK is under attack. This is a summons to act and courage to defend and strengthen it, reviving our hope in a common vision of a modern central bank at the heart of a vibrant financial system,” the governor said at a media briefing yesterday.“I have been warned variously about certain parties that lie in wait poised for mischief and that our actions have consequences. We are ready for that. That menace shall find us at our post and unafraid,” he added.

The market is usually extremely poor at pricing macroeconomics. It is what George Soros used to say
"Financial markets, far from accurately reflecting all the available knowledge, always provide a distorted view of reality. This is the principle of fallibility. The degree of distortion may vary from time to time. Sometimes it's quite insignificant, at other times it is quite pronounced....We all work with preconceived ideas and those ideas don’t necessarily correspond to reality so there is this gap between perception and reality and that’s the gap that I have really explored and exploited.
lochaz-index
#2923 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 8:22:49 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
wukan wrote:
[quote=lochaz-index]

How about this for the macros:

1. A 3T budget is proposed with nearly 1T composed of debt repayment(I think it will exceed that number and then some). Budget deficits, fiscal consolidation and development be damned.

2. Debt ceiling fudging - apparently local debt is no longer considered - to increase borrowing appetite of GoK at the expense of the private sector.

3. Moving from manageable debt levels to a basket case is mostly hinged on interest rate levels not necessarily the accumulation of debt. The former changes drastically and impacts the debt service ratio drastically as opposed to the latter impacting on debt to GDP ratio which is a less telling metric on debt sustainability. This has put Italy in a tricky spot in a matter of weeks.

4. Inflation finance creates a false bull market kinda like stock splits and bonus issues.

5. Not accounting for wastage, embezzlement etc returns on GoK spending has been low and already in the diminishing marginal returns zone. So as the debt service ratio is increasing the corresponding returns are shrinking.

6. IMF driven reform/structural adjustments are a messy affair and involve alot of pain both the political elite(as the Jordanian PM and some Arabic countries are finding out) and the general population - via increased taxation which is already in motion for KE. Spending power and liquidity are the lifeblood of the stock market.

@Lochaz-index, why do you proceed on the basis that politicians are rational. Politicians love crisis cooking up crisis is how they get to govern. Argentina has been messed up many times with debt and politicians get away with it. Look at what the president's senior economic adviser is saying....

Quote:
A tight fiscal policy/easy monetary policy mix is appropriate when easing government from a high deficit and where monetary policy is used to offset reduced growth momentum caused by cuts in fiscal spending.

The policy mix allows for growth of output to continue on target, but mainly shouldered by the private sector. It is thus a “switching” policy mix whose main effect is to shift output momentum from government to the private sector.

https://www.businessdail...946-14wx2h9z/index.html

contrast that with what CBK governor was saying a few weeks ago
Quote:
“This is not time for hubris. This is time for action. Make no mistake, the CBK is under attack. This is a summons to act and courage to defend and strengthen it, reviving our hope in a common vision of a modern central bank at the heart of a vibrant financial system,” the governor said at a media briefing yesterday.“I have been warned variously about certain parties that lie in wait poised for mischief and that our actions have consequences. We are ready for that. That menace shall find us at our post and unafraid,” he added.

The market is usually extremely poor at pricing macroeconomics. It is what George Soros used to say
"Financial markets, far from accurately reflecting all the available knowledge, always provide a distorted view of reality. This is the principle of fallibility. The degree of distortion may vary from time to time. Sometimes it's quite insignificant, at other times it is quite pronounced....We all work with preconceived ideas and those ideas don’t necessarily correspond to reality so there is this gap between perception and reality and that’s the gap that I have really explored and exploited.

I'm well versed with the politicians' code of conduct. The current lot seem not to have the guile, temerity nor the foresight to pull off that stunt successfully. Secondly, politicians cook up a crisis they can either manage or pass on to the next regime but most importantly one that doesn't consume/cost them. This one will be an expensive venture in terms of political capital once the chickens come home to roost. Again Italy comes to mind, since the turn of the decade they have had close to 10 PMs with the current one already facing strong headwinds before he can settle in office. Same scenario played out in Greece since the European debt crisis. Spain has been ushered into the same realm.

KE is on a keynesian treadmill and a monetary strait jacket(no little thanks to the interest caps). I haven't got a proper read on the cbk governor other than the fact that he is an inflation hawk. Some MPC tools have been rendered blunt or irrelevant hence denying the economy some pressure valves to keep it chugging in close to optimal conditions. One of the pressure valves is the KES. By blunting the cbr, KES is in some kind of auto pilot heavily dependent on FDI and diaspora remittances. The Argentine cb jacked their benchmark rate by 40% to stem outflows and prop the peso. Does cbk have to the same luxury?

Puffing up on govt debt(central planning utopia as opposed to market based) to drive growth has only one end...deflation. No two ways about it. The way I look at it the policy makers are being dealt curve balls(especially on interest rates and the USD) with limited ammo in their quiver. The proposed ammendments to have other bodies executing cbk roles suggest the governor is an impediment to treasury's ambition of inflation finance. Good luck playing that fiddle.

Market is poor at pricing macros in the short-term, in the long run it is pretty efficient. The short term hurrah checked in last year, doubt much upside will be achieved save for the occasional dead cat bounce till the dust properly settles.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#2924 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 11:21:31 PM

@lochaz - Deflation?
I see inflation in the future as GoK (crooks) keep on flooding the market with cash [as interest payments] while giving money to (connected) crooks who will buy everything we have to sell...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#2925 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:38:43 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@lochaz - Deflation?
I see inflation in the future as GoK (crooks) keep on flooding the market with cash [as interest payments] while giving money to (connected) crooks who will buy everything we have to sell...

Currency wise yes there will be inflation as GoK turns on the spigots but real asset worth will swing the other way aka deflation more so if the hunt for taxes gets overly vigilant and banks are still not lending to the private sector.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mnandii
#2926 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 9:54:03 AM

mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:
wukan wrote:
mnandii wrote:

The NSE 20 Share Index. Though the index is falling, it should find support at 3500 - 3440 or extend further to 3280s (though the 3500 - 3440 is more probable). This is a zigzag formation where waves (a) (b) are complete. The index is now tracing out an impulsive wave (c). Once the bottom of wave (c) is established expect the index to rise above the previous high of 4100

Pray “In God we trust; but all others must bring data.”

Index is at 3445 on 22nd May, 2018.

If it continues further down then we look to the target at 3280s level.

Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#2927 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 9:56:46 AM

The 3275 level is holding. Expect upward reversal to above 4110. Once the index exceeds 3400 I'll give targets.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#2928 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 11:21:36 AM

I still favour a drop in Safcom to about 24.75 level before recovering up above 33 level towards 37.00
mnandii
#2929 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:49:28 AM

USDKES. A move above 101.80 will confirm weakening of the KES. That move will likely take the pair to above 107, the previous high.
lochaz-index
#2930 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 12:28:06 PM

Boring markets. Lots of consolidation going on in many indices. Should be an interesting run to the close of the year. Ditto for the NSE20 as Q2 results come out. Any correlation with today's lunar eclipse will be a fascinating development.
wukan
#2931 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 2:21:43 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Boring markets. Lots of consolidation going on in many indices. Should be an interesting run to the close of the year. Ditto for the NSE20 as Q2 results come out. Any correlation with today's lunar eclipse will be a fascinating development.

Nothing happens till the US mid-term elections in which Trump/Republicans are going to win bigly. Thereafter EMs will feel the pain.
wukan
#2932 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:55:36 AM

Quote:
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, you are here on a very special day because the stock market is up almost 300 points today. We just signed a trade agreement with Mexico, and it’s a terrific agreement for everybody. It’s been in the works for a long time. It’s an agreement that a lot of people said couldn’t be done, and we did something, and it was very special. Great for our farmers, our workers.

And our stock market just broke 26,000 for the first time ever in the history. So today we have the highest stock price we’ve ever had. And we’re very happy about that. I said that was going to happen and it’s happened. Everything I said is going to happen, it ends up happening.

So you picked a good day to come. (Laughter.) We’re in a very good mood.

PRESIDENT KENYATTA: Well, let’s hope you’re going to transfer some of that into Kenya. (Laughter.)
https://www.the-star.co....in-white-house_c1809456

Nairobi 20 decreased 37 points or 1.12% to 3259 on Monday August 27 from 3296 in the previous trading session.Sad Sad Sad
lochaz-index
#2933 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:22:24 AM

wukan wrote:
Quote:
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, you are here on a very special day because the stock market is up almost 300 points today. We just signed a trade agreement with Mexico, and it’s a terrific agreement for everybody. It’s been in the works for a long time. It’s an agreement that a lot of people said couldn’t be done, and we did something, and it was very special. Great for our farmers, our workers.

And our stock market just broke 26,000 for the first time ever in the history. So today we have the highest stock price we’ve ever had. And we’re very happy about that. I said that was going to happen and it’s happened. Everything I said is going to happen, it ends up happening.

So you picked a good day to come. (Laughter.) We’re in a very good mood.

PRESIDENT KENYATTA: Well, let’s hope you’re going to transfer some of that into Kenya. (Laughter.)
https://www.the-star.co....in-white-house_c1809456

Nairobi 20 decreased 37 points or 1.12% to 3259 on Monday August 27 from 3296 in the previous trading session.Sad Sad Sad

Broke below 3295 which was critical support vis a vis the 2017 relief rally. Tough for bulls with wanjiku about to be squeezed further by increased taxes. Let's see how the market handles the 3000 mark.
Angelica _ann
#2934 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:54:15 AM

mnandii wrote:

Hehe smile

Safcom is falling even after the stellar results! Fundies, how do you explain that?

I stated earlier on that Safcom should fall in circle wave ((iv)) which is what it is doing presently. The bottom should be in place at the range 27 - 24.75 . To respect Elliott's rule of fourth waves (Wave four should not overlap wave one) I don't expect the current fall to reach 21.70, the wave ((i)) top.

Once wave ((iv)) completes, expect a move back up above 33.50. You can as well BUY with your SL at 21.70 and target a move to above 33.50. Since wave 5 is extending Safcom will likely move significantly higher that the last high at 33.50, to likely above 40s.

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mnandii
#2935 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:36:50 AM

I expect Safcom to continue dropping in circle wave ((iv)) and find support at about 25.00. Thereafter it should rise in wave circled wave ((v)) to above 33.00.
obiero
#2936 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:55:13 AM

mnandii wrote:

I expect Safcom to continue dropping in circle wave ((iv)) and find support at about 25.00. Thereafter it should rise in wave circled wave ((v)) to above 33.00.

One of the best chartist to walk these wazua streets

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
lochaz-index
#2937 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:14:15 AM

mnandii wrote:

The 3275 level is holding. Expect upward reversal to above 4110. Once the index exceeds 3400 I'll give targets.

Market broke below the your stated support level. Is this analysis still valid?

Would also like to get your take on KE's social fabric particularly on citizens vs the govt.
wukan
#2938 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:12:54 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Market broke below the your stated support level. Is this analysis still valid?

Would also like to get your take on KE's social fabric particularly on citizens vs the govt.

I would also want to hear his take. Told him there was no liquidity for 4000 level.
mamilli
#2939 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:20:07 PM

obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Absolutely....much respectApplause
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
mnandii
#2940 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 9:45:56 AM

mamilli wrote:
obiero wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Absolutely....much respectApplause

smile

Thanks