Ethiopia
Monk
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 7:40:02 AM

kaka2za wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tinker wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
http://www.africanews.com/2017/11/16/ethiopia-telecoms-monopoly-now-africa-s-largest-mobile-operator/

Informative article backed by numbers.

Old news

It's the largest monopoly but not the most profitable

If Ethiopia is doing so well why are their youth so desperate to leave?
As I write, there dozens of Habesh youths locked up in a container on the road trip to SA while others are trekking through the desert in Libya

One could ask the same about Kenya. Our brain drain however turned into a blessing for our economy.
https://www.nation.co.ke...07954-kfb35dz/index.html
obiero
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 7:56:32 AM

Monk wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tinker wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
http://www.africanews.com/2017/11/16/ethiopia-telecoms-monopoly-now-africa-s-largest-mobile-operator/

Old news

As I write, there dozens of Habesh youths locked up in a container on the road trip to SA while others are trekking through the desert in Libya

One could ask the same about Kenya. Our brain drain however turned into a blessing for our economy.
https://www.nation.co.ke...7954-kfb35dz/index.html

You cannot compare the kind of escape being referred to.. These are the people being caught in the high seas by ocean patrol.. I am yet to hear any Kenyan in such a situation. Our country with all its problems isn't restrictive as Ethiopia

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 8:20:23 AM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tinker wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:

Old news

You cannot compare the kind of escape being referred to.. These are the people being caught in the high seas by ocean patrol.. I am yet to hear any Kenyan in such a situation. Our country with all its problems isn't restrictive as Ethiopia

Kenyans are slaving in the middle East you haven't heard about those?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Monk
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 8:48:59 AM

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tinker wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:

Old news

A 2007 survey of Nairobi's public transport revealed that 70% of Nairobi's population walk to work... they couldn't afford matatu and train fares. Many of the middle class in Kenya have limited awareness of the extent of poverty levels in Kenya. We see the log in our neighbors' eye and fail to recognize the same at home.
obiero
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 8:57:19 AM

Monk wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tinker wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:

Old news

A 2007 survey of Nairobi's public transport revealed that 70% of Nairobi's population walk to work... they couldn't afford matatu and train fares. Many of the middle class in Kenya have limited awareness of the extent of poverty levels in Kenya. We see the log in our neighbors' eye and fail to recognize the same at home.

@monk this is my point. though life isn't rosy for all, at least we remain here @murchr if you have really been on the beat about the middle east laborers you will know that an agent is paid over 100K to avail the opportunity and then the worker FLIES to the chosen country. Is that a poor person seeking labor? Why not start a cosmetic shop with that cash?

Ericsson
#26 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 9:21:36 PM

UAE 🇦🇪 plans oil 🛢 pipeline Ethiopia 🇪🇹 to Eritrea 🇪🇷 in latest horn of Africa move
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
murchr
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 6:20:14 AM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
tinker wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:

Old news

@monk this is my point. though life isn't rosy for all, at least we remain here @murchr if you have really been on the beat about the middle east laborers you will know that an agent is paid over 100K to avail the opportunity and then the worker FLIES to the chosen country. Is that a poor person seeking labor? Why not start a cosmetic shop with that cash?

Those who return in caskets?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Conquestador
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:46:19 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Isnt their future bright with new PM Abiy? The Oromo are pacified and there's peace with Eritrea.

Wonder how it'll go if PM switches to democracy

Never been there but want to visit. I hear we get visa free entry. How is the place for a Kenyan tourist?

Make hotel reservatiin before travelling.

Ask hotel to send shuttle to fetch you from airport

In Addis stay at Bole area or Kasanchis

Should you be an adult male and you decide to loiter around your hotel, you will be approached by a guy 'who works at your hotel and he saw you; thanks for being our guest'. 'there is a graduation celebration for my niece around the corner lets go for you see our culture'. My advice: go with the guy. Report your findings to @Swenani IF you ever return.

An unaccompanied Kenyan male is an endangered species. Read your marriage vows before going and upon return. Naf said.

English is not well spoken.

Buy shoes and leather goods. cheap, wonderful quality

take Tej and report the aftermath here

Pretend to like injera.

Google 'battle of Adowa' and ooze lyrical in conversations.

Avoid their police

Avoid their male youth

do you need more tips?

Swenani
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:41:20 AM

Conquestador wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Isnt their future bright with new PM Abiy? The Oromo are pacified and there's peace with Eritrea.

Never been there but want to visit. I hear we get visa free entry. How is the place for a Kenyan tourist?

Should you be an adult male and you decide to loiter around your hotel, you will be approached by a guy 'who works at your hotel and he saw you; thanks for being our guest'. 'there is a graduation celebration for my niece around the corner lets go for you see our culture'. My advice: go with the guy. Report your findings to @Swenani IF you ever return.

An unaccompanied Kenyan male is an endangered species. Read your marriage vows before going and upon return. Naf said.

take Tej and report the aftermath here

Pretend to like injera.

Google 'battle of Adowa' and ooze lyrical in conversations.

Avoid their police

Avoid their male youth

do you need more tips?

Why Bole and Kasanchis only?

Clubs to hangaround
-Flirt for Live music
-Jolly bar for picking univeristy girls
-Stockholm lounge for meeting other foreigners and pickpockets
-Africana for ugali and nyama choma...Their nyama choma is not our nyama choma though

-Avoid the area around Edna mall and the cathedral which is full of pickpockets during the day-The pickpockets are always trying to sell you something
-Don't leave addis without going for a massage parlor with happy endings
-If you plan on landing, ensure whoever you are with takes a shower before.....I have never met a clean Ethiopian girl/woman

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Lolest!
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:55:12 AM

Quote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly what did they do to you?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Quote:
Avoid their male youth

Isn't this a contradiction? They led you to their niece, didn't they?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Ryko
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:49:50 PM

Swenani wrote:
Conquestador wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

sure nice leather, avoid the creamy colours i.e leather wallets they get dirty easily and the look ugly

-Don't leave addis without going for a massage parlor with happy endings

I personally think happy endings in Ethiopia is a "raw deal" ask for more..

If you are a junk lover or you pissed off with their Injera, you can also visit "Spurs" first floor, Abyssinia. nice ribs, kenyan style

NB: most restaurants add ~20% Tax in all meal i.e if they quote any price, prepare to pay for a bill higher by roughly 20%
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
doubletap
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:20:16 PM

Monk wrote:

Old survey, wonder what the figures are today. Has poverty gone up or down and how is it measured?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
obiero
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:06:47 PM

doubletap wrote:
Monk wrote:

Old survey, wonder what the figures are today. Has poverty gone up or down and how is it measured?

It must be worse now