wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<510511512513514>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
muandiwambeu
#10221 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:32:20 PM

obiero wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Back to hedging is this a good thing or a bad thing? with the Iran, Saudi deal won't they regret hedging at current prices only for them to fall soon. https://www.businessdail...862-14n76ohz/index.html

It's a gamble but depends largely on the experts at hand.. Obviously the former CFO used it for self enrichment

While I was away, men really gnassh their teeth in aguish for believing in a dead beat deal. Yes, waurumie nikutojua iliyo mingi. Pray Pray Pray
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
maka
#10222 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:35:23 PM

Ericsson wrote:
The key to KQ recovery will be
--Growth in passenger numbers
--Growth in revenue
Cost cutting measures they are now past that

Cancel growth in passenger numbers whicb in esscence affects growth in revenue...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#10223 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:48:13 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
--Growth in revenue

Cancel growth in passenger numbers whicb in esscence affects growth in revenue...

@maka you should have warned me harder bro. I blame you squarely for my current situation

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#10224 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:52:57 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
--Growth in revenue

Not necessarily
You can have growth in revenue without growth in passenger numbers due to higher ticket Pricing.
Similarly kq might grow passenger numbers without growth in revenue by giving discounts and bargains
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#10225 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:10:52 PM

Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
--Growth in revenue

Not necessarily
You can have growth in revenue without growth in passenger numbers due to higher ticket Pricing.
Similarly kq might grow passenger numbers without growth in revenue by giving discounts and bargains

Today's KQ is like the old school bicycle whose steering handle could pop off while doing a wheelie, very dangerous.. Too many moving parts with the swindled Open Offer coupled now with the KAA tie up. Not selling my stake but I wonder when I will recoup the capital. Truly the Bible says that you may have plans but it is God that orders one's steps

VituVingiSana
#10226 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 8:06:27 PM

@Obiero - I think most of the posts that aren’t by you were warning you about KQ.
As for the Open Offer, which I never understood, why would anyone want to give Minorities shares at a discount after they saved KQ from bankruptcy?
If GoK and KQLC had not done a Debt Conversion, then KQ would have been bankrupt.

Good luck while I battle the demons at KenRe!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#10227 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 9:35:54 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@Obiero - I think most of the posts that aren’t by you were warning you about KQ.
As for the Open Offer, which I never understood, why would anyone want to give Minorities shares at a discount after they saved KQ from bankruptcy?
If GoK and KQLC had not done a Debt Conversion, then KQ would have been bankrupt.

It would have been OK if the management never promised the Open Offer.. But they put it in writing! And shareholders passed it at last year's EGM..

VituVingiSana
#10228 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 12:18:06 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

It would have been OK if the management never promised the Open Offer.. But they put it in writing! And shareholders passed it at last year's EGM..

1) Do you have the document re: Open Offer?
2) Circumstances change
3) What is an "Open Offer"? [I have never come across this in all my years at the NSE]
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
muandiwambeu
#10229 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 3:46:23 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Good morning! We are live at the Pride Center for our 42nd annual general meeting. We will be releasing key highlights of our overall performance among other developments and sharing our future plans in the next few hours. Keep it here for more updates

Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Not talking Not talking

I hang my head in shame! KQ has screwed us over, no concrete mention of the Open Offer date at the AGM

I told you earlier.

http://corporate.kenya-a...ion/AGM_Notice_2017.PDF I should have listened. But Michael Joseph said that "I am not a fraudster and never will become one.." I'm still digesting that statement

"For the 9 month financial year, we carried 3.4M passengers at a cabin factor of 76.2%, Cargo business operated 2 freighters and generated a revenue of 54M $. We are still operating same fleet base and not extending any subleases of the planes." CEO; Sebastian Mikosz

@obiero, you should have clearly seen that the open offer was not on the menu from that document. That is called daylight shaftin or else it happened to you while high on top notch dope men.
Morning Glory is necessary. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
muandiwambeu
#10230 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 3:54:02 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:

I look at some of the comments on this thread and wonder what people will say when the Open Offer is announced. There was the first chance for all and sundry to make a quick kill during restructure when some folks here swore that KQ will touch KES 2.10 but it did not, rather it went up to KES 18.75 within seven days of relisting!!! Now there will be clueless others waiting for KQ to dip sub Open Offer price projected at KES 5.00 by the exchange bar, but I could bet you my entire earthly belongings that these persons will be shocked to see KES 21 or higher print in the run up to book closure. Thank me later/soon

@Obiero kindly breakdown the tweet

How do you rate such a person who takes almost nine months to know they are pregnant. Dimwits. Ajia. Deadbeat investors.
obiero
#10231 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 9:44:34 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

1) Do you have the document re: Open Offer?
2) Circumstances change
3) What is an "Open Offer"? [I have never come across this in all my years at the NSE]

@vvs here is the pdf check page 13 www.winda.co.ke/projectsafari.pdf

obiero
#10232 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 9:46:09 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Good morning! We are live at the Pride Center for our 42nd annual general meeting. We will be releasing key highlights of our overall performance among other developments and sharing our future plans in the next few hours. Keep it here for more updates

Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Not talking Not talking

I hang my head in shame! KQ has screwed us over, no concrete mention of the Open Offer date at the AGM

I told you earlier.

http://corporate.kenya-a...ion/AGM_Notice_2017.PDF I should have listened. But Michael Joseph said that "I am not a fraudster and never will become one.." I'm still digesting that statement

"For the 9 month financial year, we carried 3.4M passengers at a cabin factor of 76.2%, Cargo business operated 2 freighters and generated a revenue of 54M $. We are still operating same fleet base and not extending any subleases of the planes." CEO; Sebastian Mikosz

@obiero, you should have clearly seen that the open offer was not on the menu from that document. That is called daylight shaftin or else it happened to you while high on top notch dope men.
Morning Glory is necessary. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Cha muhimu ni uhai

ArrestedDev
#10233 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 2:19:00 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
@maka, what is the cabin factor so far for the JFK maiden flight?

Do you have any information?

Il check for you...

https://www.businessdail...17016-2n8lvh/index.html

Terrible figures....

Inaugural flight has 60 something (plus joyriders) ... Return 30... Thats highest number other flights have 10...18 etc infact one has 3...2 adults and a kid...

Ground handling cost 4700 USD per dreamliner... Madness... GHA cost hapa Juba ni 600 USD.

3 months to go. Bookings should now trickle in. Cargo wise?

ArrestedDev
#10234 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 2:26:32 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
@maka, what is the cabin factor so far for the JFK maiden flight?

Do you have any information?

Il check for you...

https://www.businessdail...17016-2n8lvh/index.html

Terrible figures....

Inaugural flight has 60 something (plus joyriders) ... Return 30... Thats highest number other flights have 10...18 etc infact one has 3...2 adults and a kid...

Ground handling cost 4700 USD per dreamliner... Madness... GHA cost hapa Juba ni 600 USD.

@maka the first two years of any route are usually not profitable

First 3 but as I said Sebastian was told to do 3 flights weekly he totally refused... 3 would have been ideal...

New routes to feed into this. It will take time to break even. Sebastian submitted a strategy and it has more routes. I expect KQ to net more pax as the quality of onboard product improves.

No more stupid decisions and hence reduction in wastage of funds. Look at the figures that Itegi and Co. siphoned, it could have been enough to pay fuel for underperforming routes.
Impunity
#10235 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2018 11:22:51 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
Out of ignorance, didnt anyone specifically raise a point of order and inquire about the Open Offer?! Me thinks for an agm to be an AGM people should be facilitated to ask questions. Otherwise it becomes a Public Briefing...

Most of the retail investors at KQ are old people with limited knowledge and the KQ board therefore runs roughshod over the segment. A court case is likely to come up and a depressed share price in the interim period is imminent since no sane investor pre-restructure shall trade at such levels of loss. That being said, I never made it to todays AGM but would not have asked about the Open Offer even if I did attend. Want to see just how dark, the KQ management can get..

Hold on. This is your Alpha and Omega [investing-wise]. I have never seen anyone put in so much time and effort dissing anyone who dared question KQ's viability. And all those posts about the "Open Offer"...
And you didn't go to the AGM?

Let us all unite in thanking Oviedo later!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

littledove
#10236 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 9:13:07 AM

https://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL8N1TO1B9

Kenya Airways will resume aviation fuel hedging in the second half of this year after price volatility drove up its costs, the airline’s CEO said on Friday.

The proposal would enable Kenya Airways to increase its fleet from 32 to 55 and start flying to 20 new international destinations by 2022, an official government document seen by Reuters showed.

The two statements above should worry kq shareholders alot. Hedging can again backfire, buying new planes almost double the current number needs billions
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
ArrestedDev
#10237 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 10:35:05 AM

littledove wrote:

Kenya Airways will resume aviation fuel hedging in the second half of this year after price volatility drove up its costs, the airline’s CEO said on Friday.

The proposal would enable Kenya Airways to increase its fleet from 32 to 55 and start flying to 20 new international destinations by 2022, an official government document seen by Reuters showed.

The two statements above should worry kq shareholders alot. Hedging can again backfire, buying new planes almost double the current number needs billions

Without kickbacks, hedging can work for the good of the Company.

More aircrafts are necessary for KQ to compete.

It does not worry me at all.
VituVingiSana
#10238 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 10:47:54 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
littledove wrote:

Without kickbacks, hedging can work for the good of the Company.

More aircrafts are necessary for KQ to compete.

It does not worry me at all.
And with GoK willing to coerce banks into lending more to KQ + subsidizing KQ by giving it JKIA + other bailouts... No worries.

How many of KQ's directors own shares in KQ?
mlennyma
#10239 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 9:11:15 PM

littledove wrote:

Kenol kobil should stay very far from this gumbler
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
sparkly
#10240 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:50:17 AM

littledove wrote:

KQ cannot make an economic profit as long as it is exposed to competition in the international market place where national airlines are heavily subsidized. KQ can't compete with gulf airlines getting free fuel or European carriers getting loans at negative interest.

To make a profit, GOK should give KQ a monopoly on uplifting passangers and cargo from Kenya. E.g. if KQ flies to London, GOK should not allow any other airline to pick from Kenya.

Life is short. Live passionately.