Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

126 Pages«<5960616263>»
Madness at the NSE
Angelica _ann
#1201 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:17:22 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Market has caught a cold

Safcon has refused to go to 35 d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Spikes
#1202 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:49:45 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Market has caught a cold

So that you can sell and wait a dip to accumulate more for generations to come.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
murchr
#1203 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 4:07:31 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Market has caught a cold

Will not happen until the trade war btn US and China cools off. Kila mtu anachunga mfuko.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#1204 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 11:21:12 AM

Spikes wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Market has caught a cold

So that you can sell and wait a dip to accumulate more for generations to come.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Resistance at 27.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#1205 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 8:48:47 PM

First half of the year is over,
How has the trading period being and portfolio compared to end of 2017
obiero
#1206 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 10:02:23 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Terrible my brother

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mulla
#1207 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 7:59:48 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Terrible my brother

The bear at the NSE is still in hibernation...since 2015 I think. And the way things are looking it seems the bear is not yet ready to wake up from the slumber.
Small traders and businesses are really struggling!!!
obiero
#1208 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 10:36:43 AM

mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Terrible my brother

The bear at the NSE is still in hibernation...since 2015 I think. And the way things are looking it seems the bear is not yet ready to wake up from the slumber.

Big businesses too.. Its a tragedy

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#1209 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 10:38:07 AM

obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Terrible my brother

Big businesses too.. Its a tragedy

Lack of credit
wukan
#1210 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 12:49:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:

It was a decent first half. My stallions Unga and Total did very well. Once NIC is the donkey in my portfolio
mlennyma
#1211 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:23:54 PM

https://www.kenya-today....ach-ruto-end-of-the-year
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mlennyma
#1212 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:25:07 PM

mlennyma wrote:
https://www.kenya-today.com/politics/london-organization-leaks-plans-impeach-ruto-end-of-the-year

it's not bad to share investor advice even if it won't happen
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#1213 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 8:36:42 AM

Second half begins today.
What are the projections
Ericsson
#1214 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 8:37:47 AM

mlennyma wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
https://www.kenya-today.com/politics/london-organization-leaks-plans-impeach-ruto-end-of-the-year

it's not bad to share investor advice even if it won't happen

Mentioning potential risks and threats is a good thing
VituVingiSana
#1215 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 12:42:28 PM

KenolKobil will make a profit ;-)
Going by Ohana's optimism during the AGM, I would say EPS of 1.25 for 1H
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
wukan
#1216 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 12:44:51 PM

Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

It's been a weak quarter to June(Mpesa is doing a promotion-transactions must have really slumped). I expect a continuation of the same for the second half. Rate cap review is not happening this year so the credit crunch will continue.

The only NSE bullish signal is if Trump pursues weak dollar policies. So far the trade/tariff wars have not worked to bring back manufacturing to MAGA. Weak dollar is much easier to implement before the mid-term elections. Dollar index is stuck around 95 so watch on that.

If that doesn't happen then watch NSE plunge below 3000
VituVingiSana
#1217 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 1:07:23 PM

wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

It's been a weak quarter to June(Mpesa is doing a promotion-transactions must have really slumped). I expect a continuation of the same for the second half. Rate cap review is not happening this year so the credit crunch will continue.

The only NSE bullish signal is if Trump pursues weak dollar policies. So far the trade/tariff wars have not worked to bring back manufacturing to MAGA. Weak dollar is much easier to implement before the mid-term elections. Dollar index is stuck around 95 so watch on that.

Bringing manufacturing back to the USA (from China) is not going to be easy nor will it be immediate. I have to say Trump is doing what many US presidents were afraid of doing. Perhaps the "mad antics" of Trump will only be appreciated after many years.

In Kenya, we need a Trump-like approach to many aspects e.g. manufacturing. I look at our supermarket shelves and feel like crying.

We need to reduce the amount/value of imports that we can manufacture cost effectively... We need to reduce the level of corruption and costs it takes to bring goods to market.

We need to train more Kenyans to do jobs that have been outsourced including maintaining the railway and roads let alone building infrastructure.

We need to find more ways to trade with our neighbors. Not an easy task but we need to collaborate with the Ugandans, Rwandans and even Tanzanians to "Make It In East Africa"...

China is not our friend. SA is xenophobic and only wants to export to us. Even the Middle East is exporting non-oil goods to us while hardly taking in our exports except vegetables/fruits. India looks out for itself. USA has MAGA. EU only wants our natural resources and what it cannot grow.

I am not saying we should close off our economy but we need to make it more profitable to be a manufacturer so more Kenyans invest in factories.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#1218 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 1:08:04 PM

wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

Dollar weakness not easy as long as FED keeps raising interest rates
Ericsson
#1219 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 1:13:24 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

Bringing manufacturing back to the USA (from China) is not going to be easy nor will it be immediate. I have to say Trump is doing what many US presidents were afraid of doing. Perhaps the "mad antics" of Trump will only be appreciated after many years.

In Kenya, we need a Trump-like approach to many aspects e.g. manufacturing. I look at our supermarket shelves and feel like crying.

We need to reduce the amount/value of imports that we can manufacture cost effectively... We need to reduce the level of corruption and costs it takes to bring goods to market.

We need to train more Kenyans to do jobs that have been outsourced including maintaining the railway and roads let alone building infrastructure.

We need to find more ways to trade with our neighbors. Not an easy task but we need to collaborate with the Ugandans, Rwandans and even Tanzanians to "Make It In East Africa"...

China is not our friend. SA is xenophobic and only wants to export to us. Even the Middle East is exporting non-oil goods to us while hardly taking in our exports except vegetables/fruits. India looks out for itself. USA has MAGA. EU only wants our natural resources and what it cannot grow.

I am not saying we should close off our economy but we need to make it more profitable to be a manufacturer so more Kenyans invest in factories.

I mentioned this a while back and vvs was a fierce opposer.How times change
wukan
#1220 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 3:33:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What are the projections

I read how Reagan bankrupted the soviet union through the arms race, learnt to respect the US presidency-it's a powerful position. Trump is planning to blow up the WTO

As for Kenya manufacturing we have already missed this bus. Remember we were to be a newly industrialized country by 2020Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . Ain't happening soon because we are yet to overcome our rural agrarian past. Our urbanization policies are horrendous-our urban centers are glorified villages. Unless you get the urbanization right(like the Asian economies) the economy will not support long-term manufacturing. Our economic set up right from colonial times leans more to consumption not production. We have a structural problem with our economy and our political leadership has refused to do the necessary structural adjustment. So forget manufacturing. It is easier to manufacture in other countries and use kenya as trading outlet.