Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Rongai Road Expansion
lochaes
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 10:18:24 AM

Sober wrote:
lochaes wrote:
Tutangoja hadi lini?

I think they prioritized the Lang'ata-Bomas stretch to ease traffic around the junction. Magadi road should be a very big venture. My thinking is that it will only be looked at after we are done with expanding Ngong road(10km) from Mbagathi Way to the foot of Ngong hills, this will complete the network with the Southern-Bypass which is substantially complete and the connector that passes Yaya-centre to James Gichuru. I bet diaspora guys have to wait mpaka around 2018 hapo

Sad Sad oh well tutangoja tu.
Realtreaty
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 10:50:47 AM

RoNgai ni Kenya ama ni Heaven?
tinker
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:14:11 PM

Exactly 6 years since this thread was started -that Magadi road [Bomas-Rongai-Kiserian] will be expanded and nothing has happened.

One wonders where is the Government development priority when residents of Rongai/Kiserian takes 2 hours to cover 15 KM on a good day [it gets crazy when it rains].

I hear the president will be visiting Ongata Rongai in this week to inspect SRG progress. Hope he will address the perennial traffic issue to the great people of O/Rongai.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Angelica _ann
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:37:59 PM

tinker wrote:
Exactly 6 years since this thread was started -that Magadi road [Bomas-Rongai-Kiserian] will be expanded and nothing has happened.

One wonders where is the Government development priority when residents of Rongai/Kiserian takes 2 hours to cover 15 KM on a good day [it gets crazy when it rains].

I hear the president will be visiting Ongata Rongai in this week to inspect SRG progress. Hope he will address the perennial traffic issue to the great people of O/Rongai.

You should have asked him about this 'through your leaders' during the last week of the campaign trail in October last year when he 'toured' the area smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:41:14 PM

tinker wrote:

Why are wazuans living in rongai? I thought majority of wazuans live in Naivasha and Nanyuki....SAD!!!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
HaMaina
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 9:10:25 PM

Swenani wrote:
tinker wrote:

Why are wazuans living in rongai? I thought majority of wazuans live in Naivasha and Nanyuki....SAD!!!

I live in Ongata Rongai, and I can assure you I'm not sad. Love the choma and pints, beautiful place to live. But getting abit crowded these days, I just might have to unwillingly relocate.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
maka
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:08:21 PM

tinker wrote:

We have jokers in leadership... That distance should take 20 mins tops... Really sad state of affairs.
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#28 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:45:56 AM

maka wrote:
tinker wrote:

We have jokers in leadership... That distance should take 20 mins tops... Really sad state of affairs.

GoK is looking for/talking to financiers for the dualling of the road.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
MugundaMan
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:12:59 AM

tinker wrote:

If this road happens and Ngong road dualling to Karen (or even to Ngong town!) is complete those corridors will boom even more like a nonsense shortly after. Imagine driving from CBD to Ngong town in 10-15 minutes at most. Raha proper.
tinker
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:15:17 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:

If this road happens and Ngong road dualling to Karen (or even to Ngong town!) is complete those corridors will boom even more like a nonsense shortly after. Imagine driving from CBD to Ngong town in 10-15 minutes at most. Raha proper.

Am not jealous of other regions in greater Nairobi, but you will notice that, it is only the South-west roads [Magadi road] that have not benefited from road expansion program for the last 16 years.

To the North we have Waiyaki way [Dual carriage].
North East we have Thika super highway.
To the East we now have Outering and Jogoo road [ Dual carriage].
To the south-East we have Msa Road [Dual carriage].

Did you Know O/Rongai is 18 KM from KICC whereas
Githurai is 19 KM from KICC.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
MugundaMan
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:45:47 PM

tinker wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:

Am not jealous of other regions in greater Nairobi, but you will notice that, it is only the South-west roads [Magadi road] that have not benefited from road expansion program for the last 16 years.

I agree with ya 100% my broda. There is no sane reason why Magadi road should not be properly re-tarmacked all the way to the lake, and why roads into and out of Ngong - where a new SGR station shall be - are not well tarmacked. Kibiko Kimuka to Kiserian Stretch would make an excellent bypass road behind Ngong Hills and Kikuyu can easily be accessed through Ngong. Gava should realize that just tarmacking these basic roads will boost economic activity (and plot prices) 100% overnight and will not cost much, yet we are busy spending billions on tires and Ngirita air in NYS! But anyway, let us be patient.
maka
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 4:01:17 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:

I agree with ya 100% my broda. There is no sane reason why Magadi road should not be properly re-tarmacked all the way to the lake, and why roads into and out of Ngong - where a new SGR station shall be - are not well tarmacked. Kibiko Kimuka to Kiserian Stretch would make an excellent bypass road behind Ngong Hills and Kikuyu can easily be accessed through Ngong. Gava should realize that just tarmacking these basic roads will boost economic activity (and plot prices) 100% overnight and will not cost much, yet we are busy spending billions on tires and Ngirita air in NYS! But anyway, let us be patient.

Very true....

maka
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 6:03:55 PM

So many buildings will be demolished Rongai town...
Angelica _ann
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 6:18:08 PM

maka wrote:
So many buildings will be demolished Rongai town...

Hapo ndiye siasa itaanza cc. Outer Ring/Taj Mall.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:07:20 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:

Magadi road has no economic prospects.
Thika road is farm produce and agricultural exports.
Mombasa Road is international trade.
Outering road is key for industrial zones in Ruaraka ka,supply of raw materials and finished goods to the market.

Which trailer/container do you see in Magadi road.
So you cant compare magadi road with the mentioned ones
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:45:07 PM

Ericsson wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
tinker wrote:

Outering road is key for industrial zones in Ruaraka ka,supply of raw materials and finished goods to the market.

An investor should do a Sun city kind of affairsmile

Are we still on 1.4m tourists...
MugundaMan
#37 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 7:10:43 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

With this type of bizarre reasoning, the government should shut down LAPPSET completely because there are no trailers going in and out of Lamu and Turukana is a desert.

1. Have you ever heard of creating economic corridors?
2. Is soda ash at Lake Magadi worth zero?
3. Is the very high agricultural potential land in the county worth zero?
4. And why is everybody and their mother buying land in Kajiado County, with Rongai, and Kitengela bar none the fastest growing towns in Kenya if it has "no economic prospects" Laughing out loudly
5 And what about the potential Oil.. YES OIL in Magadi?
I can go on and on on and on my friend!

You gots to be crazy to say there is "no economic potential" in the vast county from Rongai and Ngong on downwards.

maka
#38 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 7:56:24 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

With this type of bizarre reasoning, the government should shut down LAPPSET completely because there are no trailers going in and out of Lamu and Turukana is a desert.

1. Have you ever heard of creating economic corridors?
2. Is soda ash at Lake Magadi worth zero?
3. Is the very high agricultural potential land in the county worth zero?
4. And why is everybody and their mother buying land in Kajiado County, with Rongai, and Kitengela bar none the fastest growing towns in Kenya if it has "no economic prospects" Laughing out loudly
5 And what about the potential Oil.. YES OIL in Magadi?
I can go on and on on and on my friend!

You gots to be crazy to say there is "no economic potential" in the vast county from Rongai and Ngong on downwards.

Guess should say lots of u exploited opportunities... Homeboyz...🤔😊
Bachuma Gate
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 7:21:39 PM

Demolitions started yesterday to pave way for construction of Bomas Rongai Kiserian Kona Baridi road to dual carriageway. The big fresh vegetable market at Kware has been flatten.
DOH
maka
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 8:11:16 PM

Bachuma Gate wrote:
Demolitions started yesterday to pave way for construction of Bomas Rongai Kiserian Kona Baridi road to dual carriageway. The big fresh vegetable market at Kware has been flatten.

Soko Mjinga...Very good cant wait for this road to be expanded....