wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Northlands City!!!
hardwood
#21 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 8:07:02 PM

tandich wrote:
President Kenyatta orders transport minister to prioritise allocation of funds for Eastern Bypass extension

I had read this article earlier today. The original link seems out of action. But I got the following from a Google cache of the same.

Quote:
According to information obtained exclusively by the Indian Ocean Newsletter, President Uhuru Kenyatta is bringing pressure to bear on the government to ensure a return on his family’s property investments.

His family having invested in the construction of Northlands City, a mixed-use development on a 11,800-acre plot budgeted at Sh 500 Billion ($5 billion), the president recently ordered the transport minister James Macharia to prioritise the allocation of funds for the extension of the Nairobi Eastern Bypass according to the publication.

Macharia is now seeking to identify companies with the capacity to construct this bypass, which will serve Northlands City and hence increase the value of the presidential family’s property assets there. The bypass will also connect the Mombasa trunk road with the Thika highway. The Kenyatta family’s choice of location for its property development is astute, since it lies between the centre of Nairobi and Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

Construction of the multi-billion city at the Kahawa Sukari area has already began according to various media reports. Last year, the family applied for approvals to build a mixed use development on the 11,800-acre ranch that currently hosts Brookside Dairy and Peponi schools.

Northlands New Town development, which is located at a prime location has already overshadowed the Sh 240 Billion controversial Tatu City which is just few kilometers away. Tatu City has over the last couple of years been caught up in court cases and issues, which has made the project to delay.

Once completed, Northlands New Town is expected to house 270,000 residents. The project has 3,570 acres set aside for residential housing including low density residential (3,134 acres), high density residential (306 acres) and medium density residential (130 acres). The project will also include a commercial space, a central business district, schools, industrial area and an agricultural zone.

But it is the wananchi who have been asking the eastern bypass be dualled like the southern bypass. The bypass is a traffic nightmare and has very many fatalities due to head-on collisions. Kibaki messed by building such a tiny one lane road. Bringing in northlands is just being malicious.
kawi254
#22 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 11:05:10 PM

hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:
President Kenyatta orders transport minister to prioritise allocation of funds for Eastern Bypass extension

I had read this article earlier today. The original link seems out of action. But I got the following from a Google cache of the same.

Quote:
According to information obtained exclusively by the Indian Ocean Newsletter, President Uhuru Kenyatta is bringing pressure to bear on the government to ensure a return on his family’s property investments.

His family having invested in the construction of Northlands City, a mixed-use development on a 11,800-acre plot budgeted at Sh 500 Billion ($5 billion), the president recently ordered the transport minister James Macharia to prioritise the allocation of funds for the extension of the Nairobi Eastern Bypass according to the publication.

Macharia is now seeking to identify companies with the capacity to construct this bypass, which will serve Northlands City and hence increase the value of the presidential family’s property assets there. The bypass will also connect the Mombasa trunk road with the Thika highway. The Kenyatta family’s choice of location for its property development is astute, since it lies between the centre of Nairobi and Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

Construction of the multi-billion city at the Kahawa Sukari area has already began according to various media reports. Last year, the family applied for approvals to build a mixed use development on the 11,800-acre ranch that currently hosts Brookside Dairy and Peponi schools.

Northlands New Town development, which is located at a prime location has already overshadowed the Sh 240 Billion controversial Tatu City which is just few kilometers away. Tatu City has over the last couple of years been caught up in court cases and issues, which has made the project to delay.

Once completed, Northlands New Town is expected to house 270,000 residents. The project has 3,570 acres set aside for residential housing including low density residential (3,134 acres), high density residential (306 acres) and medium density residential (130 acres). The project will also include a commercial space, a central business district, schools, industrial area and an agricultural zone.

But it is the wananchi who have been asking the eastern bypass be dualled like the southern bypass. The bypass is a traffic nightmare and has very many fatalities due to head-on collisions. Kibaki messed by building such a tiny one lane road. Bringing in northlands is just being malicious.

Before the Eastern & Northern bypass the areas they traverse was 'wilderness' and nobody could have forseen how Kenyans would transform that side of the city. Kudos to Kibaki
obiero
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:58:28 AM

kawi254 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:

Quote:

Before the Eastern & Northern bypass the areas they traverse was 'wilderness' and nobody could have forseen how Kenyans would transform that side of the city. Kudos to Kibaki

Kibaki did his best. Now its time for the current team to expand it! Remember Langata Road in the late 80s to early 90s was a single lane road.. I always used to fear crossing it after one of my friends was knocked dead on it, in my presence

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Wakanyugi
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:27:10 PM

obiero wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:

Quote:

Kibaki did his best. Now its time for the current team to expand it! Remember Langata Road in the late 80s to early 90s was a single lane road.. I always used to fear crossing it after one of my friends was knocked dead on it, in my presence

I think it is time to turn our attention to mass transit - railways, trams, subway etc. Roads can only take us so far.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
obiero
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:17:05 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
obiero wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:

Quote:

I think it is time to turn our attention to mass transit - railways, trams, subway etc. Roads can only take us so far.

True, though subway Nairobi will be damn expensive. Look at the rock near UoN and you might agree..

Swenani
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:42:18 PM

obiero wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
obiero wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:

Quote:

True, though subway Nairobi will be damn expensive. Look at the rock near UoN and you might agree..

Subway in Nairobi?? Maybe in a mythical city called Nairobi. If we cannot manage ground flooding how will we managed underground flooding

MTA in NYC pumps out 49 million litres of water on a normal dry day from it's subway. Let's mitigate future disasters by sticking to our Ma3 culture priss
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Realtreaty
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:01:33 PM

Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
obiero wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:

Quote:

Subway in Nairobi?? Maybe in a mythical city called Nairobi. If we cannot manage ground flooding how will we managed underground flooding

MTA in NYC pumps out 49 million litres of water on a normal dry day from it's subway. Let's mitigate future disasters by sticking to our Ma3 culture priss

d'oh! Liar Liar
From your understand subway floods?
That is cheap thinking
So many ways to do it and make sure no rain water or flood water enters the way.
Kenyans ni wajuaji but do nothing with their little assumed knowledgeShame on you Shame on you Shame on you Sad
hardwood
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:39:18 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
obiero wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:

Quote:

d'oh! Liar Liar
That is cheap thinking
So many ways to do it and make sure no rain water or flood water enters the way.
Kenyans ni wajuaji but do nothing with their little assumed knowledgeShame on you Shame on you Shame on you Sad

Time: People Are Sharing Crazy Videos of New York City Subway Stations Flooding

http://time.com/5242077/...k-city-subway-flooding/

https://www.independent....-stations-a8309641.html
Swenani
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:20:23 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Swenani wrote:
obiero wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
obiero wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tandich wrote:

Quote:

d'oh! Liar Liar
That is cheap thinking
So many ways to do it and make sure no rain water or flood water enters the way.e.g 1.....?
Kenyans ni wajuaji but do nothing with their little assumed knowledgeShame on you Shame on you Shame on you Sad As a ugandan, what have you done to help Kenyans manage surface flooding?

Boss from my little assumed knowledge I know subways flood that's fact!

Stop throwing tantrums, is it true/fact that we are unable to manage ground flooding or not? Hii ingine ni nyef nyef
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
obiero
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:41:47 AM

President Kibaki to come up with a luxurious hotel and mini city of his own near Nakuru, but would you buy property next to a volcanic mountain? https://www.businessdail...820752-vdadvo/index.html

wukan
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:25:46 AM

obiero wrote:
President Kibaki to come up with a luxurious hotel and mini city of his own near Nakuru, but would you buy property next to a volcanic mountain? https://www.businessdail...20752-vdadvo/index.html

In Hawaii, Indonesia they build next to active ones this volcano last erupted 8000 years ago. Anyway if you have ever driven on that road around Gingalili farm during sunset hours you will be fascinated.
kawi254
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:13:34 PM

What is the latest update on Northlands City?
Impunity
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:32:56 PM

kawi254 wrote:

Dodo.

smile
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#34 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 5:09:02 AM

Impunity wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Dodo.

smile

Mbig four angenda?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#35 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 10:24:39 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Dodo.

smile

Mbig four angenda?
Perhaps it will be the next site where funds for housing will be allocated! #ResistHousingLevyFund
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#36 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 12:02:03 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

Dodo.

smile

Mbig four angenda?
Perhaps it will be the next site where funds for housing will be allocated! #ResistHousingLevyFund

No perhaps. Northlands has a low cost section. What did you expect?
Life is short. Live passionately.
kayhara
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 2:44:47 PM

Was there some weeks back, nothing much happening, they are doing roads and drainage looks like they will have exits and entrances both at the bypass and Thika road.
To Each His Own
Jimmii
#38 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2019 10:49:25 AM

I once spoke to someone in the know and they said the city is a long term vision for the family, it might take over 20 years to complete. It's a plan to retain and grow the wealth
Angelica _ann
#39 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2019 1:04:03 PM

Probably didn't want to be accused of using the presidency to build this place. So holding on until exit.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kawi254
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:58:58 AM

Northlands City to get an interchange on the 40 billion dualling of Eastern bypass.

link