wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Marereni Malindi, next red-hot property spot?
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:40:10 AM

Whenever I see a flood of saccos moving into a place and buying up land like crazy my investment 'eyes' perk up.

-Because modern day property investment developments In our great nation have increasingly become sacco-driven

-Because it diversifies development risk by having hundreds if not thousands of property owners per scheme buying in. All it takes is for one or two of them to start developing their plots and voila, a new estate has emerged.

- Because it mitigates security issues. Again, once hundreds or thousands of people buy plots in an area, security risks are minimized. As opposed to you owning a lone plot (bigger and cheaper compared to a sacco plot) in the middle of nowhere with nothing but huge absentee landlords as your neighbours! Leaves you wide open to the local criminals all alone.

- Because it makes the area more cosmopolitan (which translates to being more livable for the average Kenyan), especially if in a rural area dominated by one particular community or creed. The average sacco sells plots to the face of Kenya. This is what I love about the sacco movement. Every new estate that comes up even in rural areas is guaranteed to be cosmopolitan, which just enhances national unity IMHO.

And so much more.

I have not seen such a big push by saccos to move into a particular area in Coast as I have seen in Marereni. Only other landrush on such a scale that I remember of is Oltepesi/Tinga on your way to Magadi, which in ten years time due to the sheer number of plot buyers and the saccos that are bringing them there, will be a small city in it's own right.

Anyone know why Marereni is becoming a sacco hotspot? Methinks LAPSSET potential, tourism potential, agricultural potential (to feed the tourist circuit there) and closeness to Malindi town is driving these developments.

What do you guys and gals think?
VyaBureSiachi
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 6:21:11 PM

I don't know about that place but let me give my two cents(or three)
1.saccos demand for land is price driven. They compose of a lot of members with their 'sukuma wiki' savings and so price determines everything.
2. The coast has been an area full of land grievances and now that we have secessionist sentiments(infused with a heavy dose of religious undertones), I would tread lightly.
3.Bahati ya mwenzio usilalie mlango wazi. Just because one turned out into a mini city doesn't guarantee that this one would.
Anyway, good luck.
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
MugundaMan
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 6:36:36 PM

Of course saccos demand for land is price driven. That's precisely my point. Kitengela started the same way, remember? Acacia bush and goats. Group ranches got sold to saccos like Chuna and the rest is history, no? Why did the saccos buy there? Because an acre was going for peanuts, and even after markup, end user was getting a super affordable bargain. Kitengela today is red hot.

On land greviances...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That's like saying do not invest in Karen because of the crime wave that happened a few years ago when houses were being stormed daily. "Wa-bara" have had roots in coast since 1963. Urban centres in the Coast are as cosmopolitan as it gets. But if one does not have a risk appetite I can understand. For me this is the LEAST of my worries.

On bahati ya mwenzio....trust me brother, 5000 plots sold in one area that is the middle of nowhere will inevitably turn into a small city. I have given the example of Kitengela, what about kina Joska? What about kina Syokimau? The list goes on and on and on! Again I reiterate, residential development in Kenya is increasingly becoming sacco driven. Saccos are majority middle classers - educated people with disposable income, or small businesspeople with plenty of "sukuma wiki" money as you call it :). These fellows are not just sitting for 30 years doing nothing. Their plots will inevitably be developed, or sold of at a profit to those with the ability to develop.
mzeekijana
#4 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:39:15 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Of course saccos demand for land is price driven. That's precisely my point. Kitengela started the same way, remember? Acacia bush and goats. Group ranches got sold to saccos like Chuna and the rest is history, no? Why did the saccos buy there? Because an acre was going for peanuts, and even after markup, end user was getting a super affordable bargain. Kitengela today is red hot.

In Mombasa which is the current hot Spot for property investment? Want to build and sell.
Mukiri
#5 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:57:21 PM

mzeekijana wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

In Mombasa which is the current hot Spot for property investment? Want to build and sell.

North Coast. Slightly after Mtwapa. T'was Nyali, then Bamburi, Shanzu, Mtwapa. Direction is headed to Vipingo.

Malindi is miles away and currently flooded! If there's any development to be seen, it is after all adjacent towns, from Mombasa, are occupied. Either that, or you are a billionaire who wants to hang out with the Formulae one crowd. Be adviced that they don't drive there. Its minutes by plane. Your ka-probox might not hack the to-and-fro city life.

ION, there's somebody (won't name names) who has conversed with himself. Asked and answered. Two different accounts, same writing style. The truth sets free. Sema tu uko na buroti maguta maguta unausasmile I also have a few, just after Mtwapa, who's owners are looking to offload.

Proverbs 19:21
mzeekijana
#6 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 1:06:57 PM

Mukiri wrote:
mzeekijana wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

North Coast. Slightly after Mtwapa. T'was Nyali, then Bamburi, Shanzu, Mtwapa. Direction is headed to Vipingo.

Malindi is miles away and currently flooded! .

what about Utange? There is a guy who's selling 42Plots of 50*100 @ 4M @ Plot. Has it become that expensive in Utange? Is it a cool place to Invest? Some are saying Nyali is getting over crowded and invstrs moving to Utange. anyone with a good knowledge of this Utange?
Mukiri
#7 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 1:21:04 PM

mzeekijana wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
mzeekijana wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

what about Utange? There is a guy who's selling 42Plots of 50*100 @ 4M @ Plot. Has it become that expensive in Utange? Is it a cool place to Invest? Some are saying Nyali is getting over crowded and invstrs moving to Utange. anyone with a good knowledge of this Utange?

Nyali can never move to Kiembeni! Nyali already moved to Vipingo. Tour the country club.

4M is a price for property near the beach (if you are lucky). In Utange, Kiembeni the sellers are probably selling the 'gated-community' dream

Swenani
#8 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 2:48:17 PM

mzeekijana wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
mzeekijana wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Who in his right mind will move from Nyali to 50*100 plot? or assuming that person can buy 4 plots to make half an acre who will move from Nyali to go be surrounded with lower midro crass living in 50*100 burotis?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#9 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 2:57:10 PM

Have people considered Kiunga/Ishakani for long term speculating/investment?

Last time I was there in 2013,the Govt was land titling.Not sure whether the title deeds are out yet since land was communal.The place is surrounded by white beach, a marine park and forest reserve.

Kiunga will be a b(m)millionaires haven in the next few/many years if peace ever comes to Soomaliya..Buy it for your generation if you can and send your hot girlfriends to me as a thank you.

MugundaMan
#10 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 3:18:55 PM

ehhehehehe! I see the resident "internet mdozi" has found an opportunity to floss his cyber-wealth (mansions in Nyali, Vipingo, Utange and all major towns of the Coast) on this thread. Mwache ajienjoy while we ride our battered pro-boxes to our flooded 50x100'sin Malindi!

@MzeeKijana. Leave those overpriced smoke-filled urban areas and come join us in Malindi.But only if you have a pro-box, otherwise join the cyber mdozi for his Whiskies at Vipingo Ridge :) My next stop is Lamu!
Mukiri
#11 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 3:21:52 PM

Swenani wrote:

Last time I was there in 2013,the Govt was land titling.Not sure whether the title deeds are out yet since land was communal.The place is surrounded by white beach, a marine park and forest reserve.

Kiunga will be a b(m)millionaires haven in the next few/many years if peace ever comes to Soomaliya..Buy it for your generation if you can and send your hot girlfriends to me as a thank you.

Now we are talking. For the very brave, in Witu 15k will get you 5 acres. Standing fee. An acquaintances is there.

Mukiri
#12 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 3:23:43 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
ehhehehehe! I see the resident "internet mdozi" has found an opportunity to floss his cyber-wealth (mansions in Nyali, Vipingo, Utange and all major towns of the Coast) on this thread. Mwache ajienjoy while we ride our battered pro-boxes to our flooded 50x100'sin Malindi!

@MzeeKijana. Leave those overpriced smoke-filled urban areas and come join us in Malindi.But only if you have a pro-box, otherwise join the cyber mdozi for his Whiskies at Vipingo Ridge :) My next stop is Lamu!

Don't get mad you got bustedShame on you Wewe iko side shows mingi sana. Uluhya itakumalizasmile

Swenani
#13 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 4:14:02 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Now we are talking. For the very brave, in Witu 15k will get you 5 acres. Standing fee. An acquaintances is there.

Title deed in witu? ama bado ni certificates?
Mukiri
#14 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 5:10:31 PM

Swenani wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Swenani wrote:

It's a Government project, just like in Kiunga

MugundaMan
#15 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 10:47:46 PM

Answer the question, baba smile

mkeiy
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:34:24 AM

Maraba?
Adu?
Jamari?
Kalia Papo?

Rahatupu
#17 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 4:34:59 PM

Marereni is in the middle of "nowhere" But the salt farms. Past Fundi Isa and Ngomeni and on way to Garsen. Had you said Mamburui...... I'd listen but Marereni no Sir!
hardwood
#18 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 8:22:43 PM

Swenani wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Isn't that the alkebab playground?
MugundaMan
#19 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 11:36:20 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
Marereni is in the middle of "nowhere" But the salt farms. Past Fundi Isa and Ngomeni and on way to Garsen. Had you said Mamburui...... I'd listen but Marereni no Sir!

Very funny! Kitengela was also in the middle of "nowhere." until 20 years ago. 10 years ago Kisaju and Isinya were in the middle of "nowhere" and in many ways still are. The entire Kangundo road was in the middle of "nowhere" until very recently. Areas adjacent to Thika Superhighway were in the middle of "nowhere" up until the Highway was built. We can go on and on and on. Give me a "nowhere" with incredible long term potential for cheap anyday over an overpriced "somwehere" like Upper Hill going for a billion bobs an acre anyday! "Nowhere's" are where the long term money is for the least initial spend! But only for the pioneers/risk-takers who know what they are doing of course :)