wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
BIDEN: This is a Yes draft constitution
Magigi
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:20:50 PM

...Vile Biden amesema ndio tutafanya... Even though the man has a running mouth, there is no problem for now. Whether he was sent by Obama or not is neither here nor there...what matters is that it is a yes f**king constitution...
muganda
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:15:58 PM

@Magigi, strong sentiments. I watched NTV news at 9 and 63% of Kenyans seems to share your view - it's not Biden's business.

But I must wonder, what's the issue? Isn't it just democracy - let the people talk it doesn't mean anything.

US more than any other country will tell you the whole world makes US business, their business. That's why so many are trying to get in and Barack is considered a Kenyan etc....
msotoville
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:10:41 PM

@ Magigi & Muganda

Ok. USA is wealthy, is a super power, blaa...di...blaa...di....blaah.
But there some disturbing traits and events occurring across the pond that should discourage us from ever taking advice from those Caucasian clowns.

(1) According to a 700 Club episode I watched like n years back, America bears chillingly similar characteristics to Ancient Egypt...just before its collapse as an empire.

(2) 55% of Americans can't understand the instructions on a medicine bottle.

(3) America's current level of debt would make Greece look financially sound.

(4) These are the same clowns who could'nt find weapons of mass destruction - no wonder they have to shut down communications and entire roads to ensure their dignitaries are safe!

(5) Who are they to give us advice about the constitution when it took them 200 years and a civil war to get their friggin' act together?

Methinks Biden should shove the bully-boy know-it-all attitude, shut up, observe and learn.
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
nanfor1
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 6:37:09 AM

@msotovile

I find it interesting that you can in one sentence say you don't like them meddling in our affairs, and in the next sentence quote 700 club, an american program. I will not even go to what I think about Pat Robertson and his ideas in the 700 club.

The truth of the matter is that whether we like it or not, the USA will comment on any issues. They will do so to their own advantage as it should be.

Those shouting that Biden or Obama should mind their own business have forgotten Ambassador Hempstone and the Moi "error".

Just as the No camp has been happy to get support from American right wing pastors and some Senators, let them not complain when it is obvious that there are others who think this new constitution is good for Kenya and say so.

However, it is up to the Kenyans and it won't matter what any other country says. But if you are used to get your advice from other people rather than understanding the constitution on your own, then you will definately find pain in what Biden had to say.
Hata wakizima taa
aemathenge
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:07:57 AM

@NanforOne, that is a brilliant rebuttal. You have made my morning. Do have an excellent day.Applause
Fundaah
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:38:30 AM

nanfor1 wrote:
@msotovile

Just as the No camp has been happy to get support from American right wing pastors and some Senators, let them not complain when it is obvious that there are others who think this new constitution is good for Kenya and say so.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Brewer
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:41:27 AM

Let people air their views, including Biden. We should avoid condemning people for their views the way the YES camp has been so intolerant as to make one believe the church and the No politicians should be run out of town for opposing the draft.

I particularly like Biden's statement that 'Kenya's best days are yet to come'.The NO team should not tire to remind everyone that saying NO does not stop the reform agenda because reform does not mean 'any new constitution'.
Njung'e
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:00:14 AM

I am tired of asking the NO sayers what is wrong with the draft and i have decided to be arrogant until after the referundum.Biden or no Biden,it's GREEN all the way and the REDS can do NOTHING about IT.

@nanfor,
Very well said.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
theman192000
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:55:54 AM

msotoville wrote:

(5) Who are they to give us advice about the constitution when it took them 200 years and a civil war to get their friggin' act together?

Methinks Biden should shove the bully-boy know-it-all attitude, shut up, observe and learn.

Your argument that it took the US 200 years and a civil war to get their constitution right is laughable. Are you suggesting that we as Kenyans go down the same path?

And just exactly what is Biden supposed to be observing and learning?
Brewer
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:06:29 AM

Njunge wrote:
I am tired of asking the NO sayers what is wrong with the draft and i have decided to be arrogant until after the referundum....

Interesting. I actually thought the No group, especially the church side, is rather arrogant in their silence. But I think they made their point and took the high road and decided they will not descend into the political arena. As they said, they will PEACEFULLY VOTE NO.
Wa_ithaka
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:11:47 AM

Its disappointing (but not surprising since we are Kenyans), to see people complaining when Ameros comment about Kenya. They saved our backsides the other day when we couldn't manage our post-erection (sorry election)issues! They have no wish 2 pray be involved in resolving more PEV issues in 2012 and hence why they are encouraging us to vote for a Katiba that is a vast improvement on the current one.
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
nanfor1
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:24:31 AM

@Brewer....you made me laugh.

Ati the No team is silent? I would hazard that they have run out of lies to tell Kenyans. You can only lie so much before people start talking about you.

This very weekend I heard Pastor Mark Muriuki say

1. That the Yes vote was only 20% according to the recent polls -- I think that's a lie
2. That the gov't forced people not to attend their western province campaign ---another lie

Then we have your other brigade of "reformers"

1. Kutuny - threatening Yes voters in his area
2. Ruto - do I need to say anything

You see Brewer, the problem is that as Bush would say

"fool me once....fool me twice...."

Kenyans are no longer gullible.
Hata wakizima taa
Njung'e
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:49:56 AM

@Nanfor,
You gave pastor Mark "robertson" kariuki an undeserved big name.....ooohh!Those two lies.I simply couldn't stand it.....and he believed what he was saying.....BK.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
msotoville
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:26:50 AM

@ Nanfor & Co.

1. I did quote 700 club - what they did is observe Ancient Egypt and modern America and find some rather disturbing similarities. Just coz the proggie hosts a "right wing" evangelist doesn't mean nothing good can come out of it. Methinks someone needs to approach some issues with an open mind...not an open mouth!

2. In my view, Biden shouldn't shove "solutions" down our throat. That's what the Bretton Woods Bullies have been doing for n years - a lot of good that has done us, innit?

3. In my earlier post, I never mentioned my stand as far as that joke of a new constitution is concerned (oops, now you know). All I said is that I find it strange that we should look up to a sick, debt-ridden and (almost) former super power for direction.

In closing, I'd say before y'all go drooling at everything Ole Biddy Biden says, remember that between 2003-2007 when Kenya gravitated more towards the middle and far east as trading partners, we managed to take care of 94% of our budget bila usaidizi. Your american and european pals are the same clots clogging us with EPA's and latter-day slavery agreements like AGOA.

ON THE CONSTITUTION
And for the record, I'm just a kawa hustler from River Road. I'm no constitutional expert - but, even as a layman, methinks we're handing over TOO MUCH POWER to the legislature....and we'll probably be whining about it a few years from now.

My two cents.
msotoville
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:48:06 AM

theman192000 wrote:
msotoville wrote:

Your argument that it took the US 200 years and a civil war to get their constitution right is laughable. Are you suggesting that we as Kenyans go down the same path?

And just exactly what is Biden supposed to be observing and learning?

Boss,
Seeing interpretation of a simple post is a probie, lemme spelt it out to you in stick figures, eh?

I find it LAUGHABLE that we should look up to a nation that took 200 years and a civil war to achieve what we wish to in 50 years.

I find it HILARIOUS that we should chart our future based on advice from the source of the world's economic headaches.

I find it CRAPPY that you should interpret my post to mean that we go down the same path they did - such a 'follow-the-leader' attitude is the reason we still is a third world economy!

Comprende Amigo?
Mtu Biz
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:54:40 AM

@ Msotoville.

Word!
Sola Scriptura

nanfor1
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:09:48 AM

@msotoville

I find it CRAPPY that you should use River Road as an excuse to post poor logic.

I find it LAUGHABLE that you should say No because of a powerful legislature, while your commander in thief ruto is saying No because of a powerful Executive

I find it HILARIOUS that you should ask us to listen to one American ( 700 club) and not another American ( Obama) because they are broke.

I WONDER do you UNDERSTAND what you write?
Hata wakizima taa
nanfor1
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:23:33 AM

by the way @msotoville, one of the reasons that we are still a third world country is not because of Bretton Woods or your next boogeyman, its because people like you have refused to learn how to read and write.

Words like "lemme", "coz', "proggie", "methinks", "innit", "lemme spelt it out", "Word!", etc are not REAL english words.

Shows that your logic is heavily borrowed from the American export of Movies. And movies are not real.

Capice?
Hata wakizima taa
aemathenge
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:49:31 AM

@NanforOne,

Hear, hear. Applause
msotoville
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:57:45 PM

nanfor1 wrote:
@msotoville

I find it CRAPPY that you should use River Road as an excuse to post poor logic.

I find it LAUGHABLE that you should say No because of a powerful legislature, while your commander in thief ruto is saying No because of a powerful Executive

I find it HILARIOUS that you should ask us to listen to one American ( 700 club) and not another American ( Obama) because they are broke.

I WONDER do you UNDERSTAND what you write?

@ Nanfor1
1. River Road isn't an excuse, it's my bread and butter...and I'm entitled to an opinion. Surmising an opinion you do not agree with as "poor logic" is telling - you shoulda been in the army, bruh!

2. An extremely powerful legislature is no different from an extremely powerful Executive. All you've done is snatch the keys to dictatorship from one idiot and handed it over to 349 imbeciles. Better yet, the people's watchdog has no-one watching over it. Brilliant, innit?
[For the record, I maybe "No" but I do not look up to a former KANU thug with a rapsheet as long as roll of tissue as a leader. If my opinion differs from him, that's coz it's my won FRIGGIN' interpretation]

3. Trashing the 700 club is a litte....er...what's the word..um...obtuse for my taste. You learn plenty by listening to different opinions without branding their proponents with labels (religious or otherwise) - my policy? Open mind...not open mouth!

Perhaps what I should ask of you Nanfor1 is should we go through whole alphabet shizzy...maybe give you time to catch up?