4 Pages«<234
KPLC turning out to be a Useless Company
#61 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 10:54:25 PM

jerry wrote:
More adjustments to create thieving>>>>

Dear customer, we are grateful for your patience as we continuously improve our services. Towards this, we will carry out maintenance of our IT system from tomorrow, April 24 at 10 pm to Wednesday April 25 at 6am. This will affect availability of prepaid services. We regret any inconvenience that may be caused.

Is this on Twitter or what??

And it's not only pre-paid customers who are being thieved! I got a bill with zero units for at least four consecutive months. Then they read the meter and now they are back at it -NO READING OF THE METER!!! What that means is that I'm being billed at KSh12.75 instead of KSh 2.50 for the first 50 units that are "rolled-over".sInce I normally use more than 50 units per month, what I would expect is an estimated reading of more than 50 units if they can't physically come and read my meter.
#62 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 6:32:06 AM

Thieves..they have not refunded my money for the units I bought when they were down last week.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:15:46 AM

Thieves..they have not refunded my money for the units I bought when they were down last week.

Call the prepaid customer service desk, they will send you the units. Have account & Mpesa transaction ready. I find this desk customer friendly - 0703070707 or 0732170170. @Mukiri wewe pia unaweza saidika hapa!!!
#64 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:28:39 AM

Same shiet happened to me jana - you purchase tokens at 7.45am unapata some few minutes to midnight.
Something very wrong with this shithole company - and why do they keep referring customers to purchase tokens from Vendit and somether company's paybill yet they have never done a proper public introduction to these mysterious companies?

This stinks to the high heavens....corruption KE mnataka nifanye nini jameni?
#65 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 6:37:40 AM

Call the prepaid customer service desk, they will send you the units. Have account & Mpesa transaction ready. I find this desk customer friendly - 0703070707 or 0732170170. @Mukiri wewe pia unaweza saidika hapa!!!

Sad Sema hold! One might use the same amount of airtime following up, as they did purchasing the token

#66 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:06:07 AM

Press conference today to cover up all the eating....
#67 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:36:29 AM

Damn thieving matapakas. They better have an explanation why i get a fail message from 888888 but not Vendit.So that someone can pocket an extra 5 bob per transactions i guess? Arap mashamba atatumaliza!!!
#68 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:43:36 AM

jerry wrote:

Dear customer, we are grateful for your patience as we continuously improve our services. Towards this, we will carry out maintenance of our IT system from tomorrow, April 24 at 10 pm to Wednesday April 25 at 6am. This will affect availability of prepaid services. We regret any inconvenience that may be caused.

And it's not only pre-paid customers who are being thieved! I got a bill with zero units for at least four consecutive months. Then they read the meter and now they are back at it -NO READING OF THE METER!!! What that means is that I'm being billed at KSh12.75 instead of KSh 2.50 for the first 50 units that are "rolled-over".sInce I normally use more than 50 units per month, what I would expect is an estimated reading of more than 50 units if they can't physically come and read my meter.

Yes that's how they con post paid customers from time immemorial. One time went to their office and complained about these estimates. They give you a number to be sending readings at a specific date of the month. You walk home happy....All of a sudden you start getting estimated bills at earlier date than one agreed...and the number also never receives calls so you can't reach anyone to complain. I don't know who will save us from this mess
Thiong'o
#69 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 11:01:11 AM

Damn thieving matapakas. They better have an explanation why i get a fail message from 888888 but not Vendit.So that someone can pocket an extra 5 bob per transactions i guess? Arap mashamba atatumaliza!!!

@ Guka,

The correct Pay bill Number is: 888880
#70 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 12:09:17 PM

How does Safaricom manage their airtime/token purchase for over 20 millions customers?

Why is this government/Uhuru and mashambas cashcow not able to do this for its mere 4 million customers?

Why have people not been fired? I thought i heard Uhuru saying yesterday via video link that there is no room for lethargy and plunder in his "hatuko pamoja" administration
Stiffler
#71 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 12:19:02 PM

How does Safaricom manage their airtime/token purchase for over 20 millions customers?

Why is this government/Uhuru and mashambas cashcow not able to do this for its mere 4 million customers?

Why have people not been fired? I thought i heard Uhuru saying yesterday via video link that there is no room for lethargy and plunder in his "hatuko pamoja" administration

Wondering the same damn thing..!!

Safaricom has more Customers with frequent purchases
KPLC has fewer customers with one time token purchases
Why one has to buy tokens and wait for more than several hours is beyond me
I look forward to when one can buy tokens and in less than a minute they reflect
At the moment it's like you buy tokens, wait for them to travel from Turkwell Gorge or Sondu Miriu..., before they can reflect
#72 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 1:43:56 PM

I look forward to the day the units load automatically upon purchase,i,e no need for a token..

Stiffler wrote:

Wondering the same damn thing..!!

Safaricom has more Customers with frequent purchases
KPLC has fewer customers with one time token purchases
Why one has to buy tokens and wait for more than several hours is beyond me
I look forward to when one can buy tokens and in less than a minute they reflect
At the moment it's like you buy tokens, wait for them to travel from Turkwell Gorge or Sondu Miriu..., before they can reflect

#73 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 1:48:10 PM

jerry wrote:

Yes that's how they con post paid customers from time immemorial. One time went to their office and complained about these estimates. They give you a number to be sending readings at a specific date of the month. You walk home happy....All of a sudden you start getting estimated bills at earlier date than one agreed...and the number also never receives calls so you can't reach anyone to complain. I don't know who will save us from this mess

I'll visit them before I pay my 7.000/= bill.
#74 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 8:11:04 AM

How CieS came out to defend KP (like the public relations officer), instead of putting the board to task, leaves a lot to be desired
#75 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 8:30:24 AM

jerry wrote:

I'll visit them before I pay my 7.000/= bill.

Good luck. They usually make small correction when you visit the office in person and complain. But soon it'll be back to normal coz they know you don't have the time to waste half a day every month. It would seems the area managers have financial (not power consumption) targets imposed on them
#76 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 1:38:12 AM

Kenya Power found itself in the deep financial hole after more than 880,000 households that were supplied with electricity and had prepaid meters fitted did not consume the power, and did not pay for it.
https://www.businessdail...878676-bb1m98/index.html