-Dividend maintained at ksh.10
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
littledove
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:12:17 AM

"Digital contribution grew from 1.5% in 2015 to 4% in 2017"
they are still very far.
good dividend though
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ebenyo
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:17:47 AM

littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

These is the future of this company.If they can work hard at improving digital revenues,they will do well.Thats why i bought this stock-digital growth.
Agakhan with 44% stake in NMG was to visit the country this week and talk with Uhuru.There are rumours that he will sell his stake.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:18:51 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

These is the future of this company.If they can work hard at improving digital revenues,they will do well.Thats why i bought this stock-digital growth.

Ebenyo looks at the positive of all companies including monkey ones.
wukan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:22:26 AM

GoK owes them about 700 million from 2015. If GoK paid its bills the stimulus effect would be tremendous in the economy.
Ebenyo
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:28:20 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

My aim is to achieve a well balanced and diversified portfolio.I try as much as possible to minimize my risk exposure.Im not in NSE to enrich others.I want to be rich myself.
watesh
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:24:55 AM

littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

That digital revenue will grow at a slow rate since their online content is pretty much free and ad rates are muuuuuch lower than on the newspaper. They should try to cut out the adsense middleman and work on an easy to use platform for anyone to place an order to advertise so that locals dont just go to Facebook or Instagram to promote their product.
If done right, they can tremendously grow their digital contribution instead of giving out 30% of the potential revenue to Google plus make Nation website a go to place to advertise things.
Ebenyo
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:48:18 AM

watesh wrote:
littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

That digital revenue will grow at a slow rate since their online content is pretty much free and ad rates are muuuuuch lower than on the newspaper. They should try to cut out the adsense middleman and work on an easy to use platform for anyone to place an order to advertise so that locals dont just go to Facebook or Instagram to promote their product.
If done right, they can tremendously grow their digital contribution instead of giving out 30% of the potential revenue to Google plus make Nation website a go to place to advertise things.

If the rumours of Agakhan selling his stake to Uhuru family is true,then NMG will grow.Management will definately change and productivity will be high.
Ericsson
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:55:34 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
watesh wrote:
littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

If the rumours of Agakhan selling his stake to Uhuru family is true,then NMG will grow.Management will definately change and productivity will be high.

They were stated not to be true by the chairman
Ericsson
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:57:08 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

My aim is to achieve a well balanced and diversified portfolio.I try as much as possible to minimize my risk exposure.Im not in NSE to enrich others.I want to be rich myself.

I like your optimismPray Pray
madollar
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:01:33 PM

watesh wrote:
littledove wrote:
they are still very far.
good dividend though

They should focus more on stand alone digital products the way royal media is doing with viusasa and shabiki.com .When it comes to online advertising social media will eventually triumph but NMG has been singing digital for ages now but seem clueless how to go about it.
murchr
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:56:49 PM

Its now clear that Elections do not bring money.
It is also clear that the current business model is not sustainable in the long run.

My take - revamp the whole media platform, create more better content on print media and digital platforms.

Bring back the classified online. Nsoko
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Pesa Nane
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:15:03 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ericsson
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 6:41:42 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

New and fresh ideas are needed at the ceo and senior management level
sparkly
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 5:11:46 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Could this be a sign that Agha Khan wants to sell stake to NYT?
Life is short. Live passionately.
murchr
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 9:17:29 PM

Good move. If Kiboro leaves it will even be better.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Pesa Nane
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 12:49:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:

murchr wrote:

Quote:
NMG Special Business:
1. Dr. W. Kiboro "who is over the age of 70 years, shall notwithstanding that fact, be re-elected as a director of the Company..."
2. Prof. L. Huebner "who is over the age of 70 years, shall notwithstanding that fact, be re-elected as a director of the Company..."
3. Mr. A. Poonawala "who is over the age of 70 years, shall notwithstanding that fact, be re-elected as a director of the Company..."

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Angelica _ann
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 12:55:49 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

murchr wrote:

Quote:
NMG Special Business:
1. Dr. W. Kiboro "who is over the age of 70 years, shall notwithstanding that fact, be re-elected as a director of the Company..."
2. Prof. L. Huebner "who is over the age of 70 years, shall notwithstanding that fact, be re-elected as a director of the Company..."
3. Mr. A. Poonawala "who is over the age of 70 years, shall notwithstanding that fact, be re-elected as a director of the Company..."

smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Mike Ock
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 3:54:13 PM

murchr wrote:
Its now clear that Elections do not bring money.
It is also clear that the current business model is not sustainable in the long run.

My take - revamp the whole media platform, create more better content on print media and digital platforms.

Bring back the classified online. Nsoko

Elections bring a lot of money mostly in the form of brown envelopes to the journalists to do hit pieces and social media posts hitting out against competitors. This money doesn't reach the NMG accounts.

madollar wrote:

They should focus more on stand alone digital products the way royal media is doing with viusasa and shabiki.com .When it comes to online advertising social media will eventually triumph but NMG has been singing digital for ages now but seem clueless how to go about it.

Yup this is the right approach, but if I may add, they need to focus on different digital categories. So far they have very many news websites that actually do very well, but news websites online don't make much money, especially for a big company like NMG. They need to get into other businesses lines like premium video, social media etc, which are media businesses, but not exactly news, and they have more money making potential than online news. They also need a more global approach to their online businesses. Trying to make serious money online while only focusing on Kenya is a tall order
Ebenyo
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 4:15:41 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

murchr wrote:

Quote:
NMG Special Business:

smile smile smile

Next year i will exit nmg.i will use the capital for national oil ipo.