wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
I&M Holdings FY17
obiero
#21 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 5:18:38 PM

@vvs if you look at the rate of reduction in losses by KQ, you will agree that it is the best listed firm.. Cutting off KES 20,130,567,000 in losses over the last two years is no mean achievement

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
the deal
#22 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 7:05:51 PM

obiero wrote:
@vvs if you look at the rate of reduction in losses by KQ, you will agree that it is the best listed firm.. Cutting off KES 20,130,567,000 in losses over the last two years is no mean achievement

This rate of reduction in losses?

1. Is it through market share gains, revenue growth or increase in operational efficiency?
2. Or is it through a massive bailout via debt conversion and capital injections by shareholders?

To me KQ is the most expensive and worst bail out in Kenyan history...applauding such failure is the reason why Africa will never go forward!
obiero
#23 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 9:36:27 PM

the deal wrote:
obiero wrote:

This rate of reduction in losses?

1. Is it through market share gains, revenue growth or increase in operational efficiency?
2. Or is it through a massive bailout via debt conversion and capital injections by shareholders?

To me KQ is the most expensive and worst bail out in Kenyan history...applauding such failure is the reason why Africa will never go forward!

@thedeal it's commendable what is happening at KQ.. The turnaround has been fuelled by a number of deliberate actions under Operation Pride. I wouldn't want to celebrate its downfall and I am glad of the firm's achievements, in particular the masterpiece restructuring

VituVingiSana
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:07:55 AM

obiero wrote:

Dear @Obiero, until KQ makes a profit there's little to laud about it. Furthermore, on a PER basis, it is very pricey. Same on a P/B basis.
I do wish KQ the best so it can repay its loans to Equity, NIC and I&M. Plus KQLC can sell the shares in KQ and send the cash to my investees!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:25:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Dear @Obiero, until KQ makes a profit there's little to laud about it. Furthermore, on a PER basis, it is very pricey. Same on a P/B basis.
I do wish KQ the best so it can repay its loans to Equity, NIC and I&M. Plus KQLC can sell the shares in KQ and send the cash to my investees!

KQ will make a profit and by that time it's price would be out of reach

Ericsson
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:47:34 AM

I am now lost,are we discussing about I&M or is it KQ?
The wazuan spirit is being lost here
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
chiaroscuro
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:49:10 AM

Ericsson wrote:
I am now lost,are we discussing about I&M or is it KQ?
The wazuan spirit is being lost here

d'oh!
d'oh!

I thought I was alone!
chiaroscuro
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:50:44 AM

I have some sh50k invested in I&M
Was thinking of upping that to Sh100k
Long-term .... >10years
VituVingiSana
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:14:43 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
Long-term .... >10years

I am confused [& thus question] by I&M's acquisitions. It does remain a core investment for me for now.
I also have NIC.
I remain a fan of Equity though I did sell most of my shares for a private/unlisted investment.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:22:45 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
Long-term .... >10years

I am confused [& thus question] by I&M's acquisitions. It does remain a core investment for me for now.
I also have NIC.
I remain a fan of Equity though I did sell most of my shares for a private/unlisted investment.

You need to question them otherwise you will get a proper shafting
VituVingiSana
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:58:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
Long-term .... >10years

I also have NIC.

Except Giro, the rest have been insignificant (cost-wise) but I plan to ask about these at the AGM.
I am glad I&M isn’t in SS or Burundi for now though both markets are important for complete footprint in EAC. Not for vanity but supporting Kenyan customers/exporters/suppliers.
Ericsson
#32 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 12:57:25 PM

I&M Bank was surprised to hear that @Nakumatt filed for insolvency, only four days after signing a loan agreement of more than a billion,” Rubasha Herbert, I&M Bank’s lawyer

http://www.theeastafrica...492692-2x7cf0/index.html
obiero
#33 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 3:15:45 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
Long-term .... >10years

I also have NIC.

Except Giro, the rest have been insignificant (cost-wise) but I plan to ask about these at the AGM.
I am glad I&M isn’t in SS or Burundi for now though both markets are important for complete footprint in EAC. Not for vanity but supporting Kenyan customers/exporters/suppliers.

All the best @vvs. You are in my prayers

VituVingiSana
#34 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 4:23:50 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
Long-term .... >10years

I also have NIC.

All the best @vvs. You are in my prayers
Please convince the minority shareholders to pump money into KQ so it can repay KQLC shareholders the outstanding loans. Applause Applause Applause