wazua Tue, Mar 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

37 Pages«<3031323334>»
Nakumatt: Another ailing Kenyan company
KulaRaha
#621 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:48:03 AM

Kausha wrote:
Some are too big perhaps probably because of the intrinsic value they pack in the operations. Nakumatt is by far the most agile and bold retailer in the market. It is unlikely the agility and boldness would escape value investors.

Now with the admin in place, watch the reconstruction of the business. Tuskys will probably get involved. I will not be surprised if 12 months from now Nakumatt is firing on majority of the cylinders. Lesson being do not underestimate the life of a Kenyan business....business know their home markets well. Just as you would not wish away America airlines in the US market you can't wish away some of our retailers.

Yeah, and Arsenal will win Champions League this season!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
mulla
#622 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:31:44 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Kausha wrote:
Some are too big perhaps probably because of the intrinsic value they pack in the operations. Nakumatt is by far the most agile and bold retailer in the market. It is unlikely the agility and boldness would escape value investors.

Now with the admin in place, watch the reconstruction of the business. Tuskys will probably get involved. I will not be surprised if 12 months from now Nakumatt is firing on majority of the cylinders. Lesson being do not underestimate the life of a Kenyan business....business know their home markets well. Just as you would not wish away America airlines in the US market you can't wish away some of our retailers.

Yeah, and Arsenal will win Champions League this season!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Nakumatt slept on the job and that space has been and continues to be taken up by the likes of Naivas,Tuskys, newcomers like Quikmart and the giant SA and French retailers. Nakumatt Kwisha...they have already lost the confidence of landlords.
The excuse Nakumatt is using of law on credit lending caps, reduction of consumer spending etc...they shouldn't forget they are playing in the same market as the above players.
pops
#623 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:28:07 PM

Nakumatt = master fraudsters + money launderers! They never had a sustainable business model.
aemathenge
#624 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 11:52:47 PM

Copy and Paste Extract:

Quote:
Interestingly, Mugweru also claims that Tuskys Supermarket has not made a profit since 2012.

He is of the opinion that Tuskys does not have the ability to pull Nakumatt out of its financial crisis.

Yusuf Mugweru, a shareholder of Tuskys Supermarket with a 17.5 percent stake, has objected to the proposed partnership between Nakumatt and Tuskys through his lawyers.

The objection, which was based on internal wrangles among shareholders, was written to the Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK).

Source Link:
obiero
#625 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 8:09:20 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Copy and Paste Extract:

Quote:
Interestingly, Mugweru also claims that Tuskys Supermarket has not made a profit since 2012.

He is of the opinion that Tuskys does not have the ability to pull Nakumatt out of its financial crisis.

Yusuf Mugweru, a shareholder of Tuskys Supermarket with a 17.5 percent stake, has objected to the proposed partnership between Nakumatt and Tuskys through his lawyers.

The objection, which was based on internal wrangles among shareholders, was written to the Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK).

Source Link:

Two blind men syndrome

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
kawi254
#626 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2018 1:43:53 PM

How is Nakumatt still able to sponsor Nakumatt FC in the KPL?
maka
#627 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2018 11:07:56 PM

kawi254 wrote:
How is Nakumatt still able to sponsor Nakumatt FC in the KPL?

Hakuna kulipwa you play for the love of soccer... I rem at some point AFC used to train at our high school grao... after every training session the players used to line up for cash... Only 1 had a car then... some old school Sub... Kenyan football was/is tough....
possunt quia posse videntur
hardwood
#628 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 3:52:58 PM

Carrefour stores at the Junction and TRM are a huge disappointment. They should pull up their socks and at least meet the standards Nakumatt (in it's heydays) had set in those places i.e stock and ambiance.
KulaRaha
#629 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:07:58 PM

hardwood wrote:
Carrefour stores at the Junction and TRM are a huge disappointment. They should pull up their socks and at least meet the standards Nakumatt (in it's heydays) had set in those places i.e stock and ambiance.

What is disappointing?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
hardwood
#630 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:17:02 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
hardwood wrote:

What is disappointing?

Lacking in stock/variety and ambiance. One would rather shop at the neighborhood kiosk. It makes one miss nakumatt. Makes one realize how world-class nakumatt was.

ION, they are opening at sarit (former uchumi) under the same "partial selling area model" like they did at TRM and Junction. How do you still go "partial" for such a tiny space.
pops
#631 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:01:39 PM

I'm sure they Nakumatt could offer more ambience and variety because they stole from their suppliers! At least carefourr is a honest business, not a money laundering con operation!
Wororo
#632 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:16:51 PM

hardwood wrote:

Wait for another three months or so then visit the TRM branch... It'll be grandiose for sure ...
hardwood
#633 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:00:20 PM

pops wrote:
I'm sure they Nakumatt could offer more ambience and variety because they stole from their suppliers! At least carefourr is a honest business, not a money laundering con operation!

You could be right. No wonder Nakumatt looked better than Tesco stores in London or Walmart stores in New York.
hardwood
#634 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:03:03 PM

Wororo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Wait for another three months or so then visit the TRM branch... It'll be grandiose for sure ...

Lets wait and see....

Wororo
#635 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:24:34 PM

hardwood wrote:
Wororo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Lets wait and see....

Yep... Expecting some French flamboyance plus well priced products ...
Gatheuzi
#636 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:21:48 AM

I recently saw an advert along Ngong Rd saying Nakumatt prestige is now stocked up. I decided that in the spirit of good citizenship, I give them a small boost. Well, it turns out there was no bread or even a single wheat product for that matter!
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Swenani
#637 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:59:07 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
I recently saw an advert along Ngong Rd saying Nakumatt prestige is now stocked up. I decided that in the spirit of good citizenship, I give them a small boost. Well, it turns out there was no bread or even a single wheat product for that matter!

Wheat products are not good for your health
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
obiero
#638 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:32:54 AM

Swenani wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

LMAO

Gatheuzi
#639 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:58:53 AM

obiero wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

LMAO

Slimpossible by force..Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#640 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:29:31 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

LMAO

Slimpossible by force..Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Nakumatt VM closed down today