wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Sinking a borehole
MugundaMan
#21 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 6:22:35 PM

Mukiri wrote:

There's the kienyeji way and the procedural way. Procedural is where you do an Environmental Impact assessment ya NEEMA, Hydrogeological survey, get necessary approvals, then dig. Depending on the area, there are places, like my place where it pure rock from surface, so those vehicle machines are preferred. At mine, I got guys with a modified maize milling machine, with a drill bit ya 'diamond' hapo mbele. I negotiated to 1k per foot, casing was around 3-4k, borehole metal housing 2k, fundi to mason it 1k+1k material. Electrician fitting pump 3k, circuit board+ circuit breakers+switch+cables+pump 30k - 40k.

Of importance is the testing phase. Let the pump run a few hours (overnight if possible) as you check the water being pumped out. Quality and quantity, before releasing the contractors, else you might cry when your bore-hole runs dry on you and damages your electricals.

Mukiri kumbe you can be useful at times Laughing out loudly
Well done and thank you for this info!
Kili
#22 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 6:48:37 PM

Anyone planning to drill please go the professional way.Six years ago i was relieved of 400k by one Emmanuel Okwach-0722890813.He used/owned/conned people through a company called gran water/gran maintenance.Used to run 'shallow well drilling'adverts in the DN classifieds that have since stopped running.Guess he has devised other ways.
Kili
#23 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 6:49:37 PM

MugundaMan
#24 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 8:55:03 PM

Kili wrote:
Anyone planning to drill please go the professional way.Six years ago i was relieved of 400k by one Emmanuel Okwach-0722890813.He used/owned/conned people through a company called gran water/gran maintenance.Used to run 'shallow well drilling'adverts in the DN classifieds that have since stopped running.Guess he has devised other ways.

How exactly did he con you? Details please.

Seems he is still solidly in business na number ni ile ile tu. He has even stolen the Green Bay Packers logo and used it to brand his business quite well.

http://www.gran.co.ke/contact.html

Hii dunia yetu kweli kuna mambo.
Mukiri
#25 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 5:02:25 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

There's the kienyeji way and the procedural way. Procedural is where you do an Environmental Impact assessment ya NEEMA, Hydrogeological survey, get necessary approvals, then dig. Depending on the area, there are places, like my place where it pure rock from surface, so those vehicle machines are preferred. At mine, I got guys with a modified maize milling machine, with a drill bit ya 'diamond' hapo mbele. I negotiated to 1k per foot, casing was around 3-4k, borehole metal housing 2k, fundi to mason it 1k+1k material. Electrician fitting pump 3k, circuit board+ circuit breakers+switch+cables+pump 30k - 40k.

Of importance is the testing phase. Let the pump run a few hours (overnight if possible) as you check the water being pumped out. Quality and quantity, before releasing the contractors, else you might cry when your bore-hole runs dry on you and damages your electricals.

Mukiri kumbe you can be useful at times Laughing out loudly
Well done and thank you for this info!

I see you now want to suck mineShame on you

... and as far as use goes, have you been of any use? apart from the sucking ofcourse

Proverbs 19:21
geofreygachie
#26 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 3:22:26 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
Rongla wrote:
So which companies or Hustlers do the drilling. Can someone please recommend.

Most of the guys who purport to drill boreholes are brokers since they don't have the drilling machines. Please avoid such. You can try Mr.Gachanja, 0720999333, the owner of Balena Drilling. Very professional guy with a Great team. Did my high yield borehole all the way to 70m (230 feet). Never runs out of water throughout the day at 30,000 litres per hour pumping. Charges 6k per metre.

What was the total cost ,inclusive of WARMA ,survey ,casing , pump ,cabling etc .
Do you need 3 phase power to run the pump ???
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Chaka
#27 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 6:42:26 PM

Rongla wrote:

Most of the guys who purport to drill boreholes are brokers since they don't have the drilling machines. Please avoid such. You can try Mr.Gachanja, 0720999333, the owner of Balena Drilling. Very professional guy with a Great team. Did my high yield borehole all the way to 70m (230 feet). Never runs out of water throughout the day at 30,000 litres per hour pumping. Charges 6k per metre.

What about throughout the year?
geofreygachie
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 9:18:26 PM

Chaka wrote:
Rongla wrote:

That's the big question .I have a hand dug well at 150ft but the water is not reliable.On very dry seasons one has to wait a couple of days before pumping water .At first I thought I would get a borehole drilling team that would take "advantage" of the 150ft which is already hand dug and just place the casing and drill the remaining depth to get to a reliable water table but the person I have talked to is against that idea.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2018 12:55:00 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
Rongla wrote:

What was the total cost ,inclusive of WARMA ,survey ,casing , pump ,cabling etc .

6k per metre is inclusive of casing. Pump testing you need to add another 30k on top. Hydrogeological Survey report(inclusive of WRMA) 130k-Mwai-0722499993( there are cheaper guys out there).
A high yield borehole like the one i use will need a 3phase pump from 7.5hp(5.5kw). I use a 10hp(7.5kw) submersible water pump, which i imported from china with the help of our wazua clearing agent,George-0729986846 at KES.240,000 which included an 11kw solar inverter . Cabling cost will depend on the depth of your borehole, a 2.5mm wire goes for KES.330 per metre along River road.
@SufficientlyP
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2018 12:58:51 PM

Chaka wrote:
Rongla wrote:

Yes, but probably because my farm is in an area with a low population density.
I also tapped an underground stream flowing from Mt.kilimanjaro. That could also be another reason.
@SufficientlyP
geofreygachie
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2018 9:02:26 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
Rongla wrote:

6k per metre is inclusive of casing. Pump testing you need to add another 30k on top. Hydrogeological Survey report(inclusive of WRMA) 130k-Mwai-0722499993( there are cheaper guys out there).
A high yield borehole like the one i use will need a 3phase pump from 7.5hp(5.5kw). I use a 10hp(7.5kw) submersible water pump, which i imported from china with the help of our wazua clearing agent,George-0729986846 at KES.240,000 which included an 11kw solar inverter . Cabling cost will depend on the depth of your borehole, a 2.5mm wire goes for KES.330 per metre along River road.

Wow ,after a long weekend of deep thoughts I think I will prepare a 6m X 6m pond with depth of 1 m and that way I will have a water pan of 36000 litres when it rains and it's to the brim.If this succeeds I will do a second one and I think this will help me achieve my goals without going for loans.Excavating a pond will be approximately 20k using manual labour and the geomembrane is 20k .
Now that the water level is high I might as well prepare the pond and whatever amount I will harvest from rain I will top up the rest with the pump before the water level goes down since I think I am already late to get a full pan with the rains alone.Saidieni na mawaidha .I will highly appreciate .Pray Pray
heri
#32 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:29:00 AM

anyone who can comment on the costs of using a diesel engine in place where KPLC power is not available

I want to irrigate about 10 acres

would using a diesel engine make economic sense ?
Mukiri
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 7:03:19 PM

Chaka wrote:
Rongla wrote:

I also tapped an underground stream flowing from Mt.kilimanjaro. That could also be another reason.

Im curious where this is? I've heard of the underground lake in Turkana, flowing underground stream?

Proverbs 19:21
Chaka
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 7:23:05 PM

The underground stream is a supplementary source or its where the borehole gets water?