KPLC vs KENGEN Accounts: Sh26B Missing
chiaroscuro
#1 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 11:24:45 AM

Is this for real?
Sh26bn missing in air?

https://www.nation.co.ke...376142-ilesq3/index.html
#2 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 2:58:52 PM

In Kenya, no one goes to jail on corruption charges.However, Steal your neighbors chicken or insult and heckle Anne waiguru and you will find yourself cooling porriadge in industrial area.
mulla
#3 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 4:19:41 PM

In Kenya, no one goes to jail on corruption charges.However, Steal your neighbors chicken or insult and heckle Anne waiguru and you will find yourself cooling porriadge in industrial area.

its a shame.....we need just a few high profile names found guilty and taken to jail. Right now these glamor thieves dont fear nor are they ashamed of economic crimes because no punishment ever comes to haunt them. I was disappointed when Okemo and Gichuru were not given extradition orders......the judiciary to a great extent has let Kenya down.
#4 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 4:20:51 PM

@fyatu,dont believe this writer.Anatafuta mkate yake.He writes weekly in sunday nation.So ni lazima atumie kila mbinu ndio apate kitu ya kuandika alafu apate pesa.
#5 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 4:27:25 PM

@fyatu,dont believe this writer.Anatafuta mkate yake.He writes weekly in sunday nation.So ni lazima atumie kila mbinu ndio apate kitu ya kuandika alafu apate pesa.

Article done by a senior Wazuan. Our very own He is as factual as they come and i have every reason to believe what he has written. Instead of dismissing his claim, prove him wrong!
#6 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 4:53:09 PM

mulla wrote:

its a shame.....we need just a few high profile names found guilty and taken to jail. Right now these glamor thieves dont fear nor are they ashamed of economic crimes because no punishment ever comes to haunt them. I was disappointed when Okemo and Gichuru were not given extradition orders......the judiciary to a great extent has let Kenya down.

Who is failing Kenyans? Is it Uhuru or is it Maraga? Why are corruption cases not finding themselves on Justice Odunga's tray. He seems to me like the only judge in Kenya with some balls....hawa wengine wote ni paka(P**ssies)
#7 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 5:27:30 PM

Article done by a senior Wazuan. Our very own He is as factual as they come and i have every reason to believe what he has written. Instead of dismissing his claim, prove him wrong!

Hebu taja yeye kwa jina ya wazua alafu ndio nijue vizuri mwelekeo ya hio article.
#8 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2018 5:51:04 PM

Am sure many commenting have not read the article but the writer gives a very good hypothesis. The accountants and auditors of the 2 firms need to have a seating with the parliamentary committee on energy. Something is a miss

the amount Kenya Power says it paid out is more than what KenGen says it received.

In total, the cumulative difference between the two figures over the 10-year period comes to over Sh26bn! This represents a shortfall of about 12 per cent.

I really look forward to an explanation of this persistent difference in the payments and receipts. It is quite troubling.

Going back to the original question about the fixed charge, I did a quick test of my own hypothesis. Kenya Power started the financial year with 3.7 million domestic customers and closed with 4.6 million. Thus, the median number was about 4.1 million. Each one of them was charged Sh150 per month, making a total of Sh622 million or about Sh7.4bn in the year.

In the same period, KenGen declared that it received Sh21.7bn as “Capacity Charges” – its “fixed charge” to Kenya Power. This amount is much larger than the Sh7.4bn collected by Kenya Power.
chiaroscuro
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:55:43 AM

From the article....

I stumbled upon an anomaly in the audited financial statements of Kenya Power and Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen).

Kenya Power reported it paid Sh34bn to KenGen in the 2016/17 financial year yet KenGen acknowledged that it received only Sh29bn. This left an unexplained difference of Sh5bn.

A third reader suggested that I should look at the numbers going back five years. I did one better: I tracked the audited accounts for the last 10 years. The trend is the same: in each year, the amount Kenya Power says it paid out is more than what KenGen says it received.

In total, the cumulative difference between the two figures over the 10-year period comes to over Sh26bn!
chiaroscuro
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:57:26 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
From the article....

I stumbled upon an anomaly in the audited financial statements of Kenya Power and Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen).

Kenya Power reported it paid Sh34bn to KenGen in the 2016/17 financial year yet KenGen acknowledged that it received only Sh29bn. This left an unexplained difference of Sh5bn.

A third reader suggested that I should look at the numbers going back five years. I did one better: I tracked the audited accounts for the last 10 years. The trend is the same: in each year, the amount Kenya Power says it paid out is more than what KenGen says it received.

In total, the cumulative difference between the two figures over the 10-year period comes to over Sh26bn!

I guess those who think this is just writing to fill weekly space can simply go to the audited accounts and verify if the claims are true.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:57:43 PM

Hebu taja yeye kwa jina ya wazua alafu ndio nijue vizuri mwelekeo ya hio article.

No longer posts in wazua

I always read his articles, well written.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 9:08:43 PM

mulla wrote:

Who is failing Kenyans? Is it Uhuru or is it Maraga? Why are corruption cases not finding themselves on Justice Odunga's tray. He seems to me like the only judge in Kenya with some balls....hawa wengine wote ni paka(P**ssies)

Boom!
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:33:40 AM

mulla wrote:

Boom!

Perhaps i spoke too early. It appears that in this case that the law/justice was on Ciano's case. As they say, the law is an ass....ama kwa kiswahili...sheria ni msumeno ama upanga wenye ncha mbili.

I feel very depressed when men such as Ciano go scot free after shafting peace loving Kenyans thoroughly. However, there is hope as exemplified by men like John Ngumi. This fella was at JKL yesterday and gave insights on how some of these parastatals have the potential of being bigger than Safaricom if only board chairs were not shady thieving men.I was shocked to learn that Kenya Pipeline sits on a cash reserve of more than 7 billions and assets worth 150 billion and Ngumi assured Kenyans that no one can dare touch hiyo mali ya umma as long as he is chairman of the board.
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:48:24 AM

Now even this one has dragged for eons LINK

What is the problem with this country Kenya??
heri
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:51:47 AM

mulla wrote:

Boom!

Perhaps i spoke too early. It appears that in this case that the law/justice was on Ciano's case. As they say, the law is an ass....ama kwa kiswahili...sheria ni msumeno ama upanga wenye ncha mbili.

I feel very depressed when men such as Ciano go scot free after shafting peace loving Kenyans thoroughly. However, there is hope as exemplified by men like John Ngumi. This fella was at JKL yesterday and gave insights on how some of these parastatals have the potential of being bigger than Safaricom if only board chairs were not shady thieving men.I was shocked to learn that Kenya Pipeline sits on a cash reserve of more than 7 billions and assets worth 150 billion and Ngumi assured Kenyans that no one can dare touch hiyo mali ya umma as long as he is chairman of the board.

Maybe in his dreams
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:39:38 AM

Another case dragging in court. The suspects have been named in many reports/cases but have never seen the insides of a police cell

LINK

Hii judiciary ya Kenya ni kama haiwezi
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:35:48 AM

mulla wrote:

Boom!

That is a lie,Kenya Pipeline released it's full year results which was on the dailies last week.
Asset base is ksh.105bn
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:51:08 AM

mulla wrote:

Boom!

That is a lie,Kenya Pipeline released it's full year results which was on the dailies last week.
Asset base is ksh.105bn

Still plausible for a potential cashcow for thieves of public funds
chiaroscuro
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:31:00 PM

Now even this one has dragged for eons LINK

What is the problem with this country Kenya??

The reason why cases take so long in our courts is that we don't have enough judges in Kenya. Typically, commercial cases take about 9 - 12 months before hearing begins.

I had one case a few years ago. On the first scheduled hearing day, the magistrate had 56 cases. Mine was no. 48. Case no. 1 had 17 witnesses. First witness lasted over three hours.... My case was heard almost a year afterwards!

Maraga must do all his best to increase capacity of judiciary.....but I digress...

Can anyone explain why there is discrepancy between the figures given by KPLC and those given by KenGen?
BKB
#20 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 1:39:33 PM

3rd August 2018

KENGEN 6.20
KPLC 6.00

A downtrodden tug of war.