wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
Edermann property
maka
#81 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 10:37:32 PM

Ryko wrote:
Bad News: The valuation report is out na serikali haichezi it maintained the same rates (meaning no change in initial figures, you got to fork 425K)
3BD valued at 7M
2BD valued at 6M
Here is a glimpse of the report - (owner names & crucial details blacked out)

Being the Kenyan in me i decided to combombulate & analyse this valation report since it has all names owners of (462 apartments Phase 1)
I found this very intresting

1. Women!! Looks like nearly half or more of the owners are women (intresting enough approximately 75% could be from one tribe). If you include husband & wife (woman name included) they are more.

So does it mean, men don't but apartments? ama ni watu wa kujenga? ama wanalewa as the ladies buy properties.? Can the "sponsors" be buying for women this apartments? i highly doubt.
To me it looks like girl child empowernment is real.... if this represents a fraction of apartment buying then the ground is shifting.

2. 60%-70% of the owners are from one tribe (censored). The have & the havenots.. its not fair to be tribal but this tells alot

3. There is one big vocal tribe that comprises of approximately 4% of the owners.

Tunapenda mvinyo sana...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
possunt quia posse videntur
tandich
#82 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:14:08 PM

Ryko wrote:
Bad News: The valuation report is out na serikali haichezi it maintained the same rates (meaning no change in initial figures, you got to fork 425K)
3BD valued at 7M
2BD valued at 6M

Being the Kenyan in me i decided to combombulate & analyse this valation report since it has all names owners of (462 apartments Phase 1)

1. Women!! Looks like nearly half or more of the owners are women (intresting enough approximately 75% could be from one tribe). If you include husband & wife (woman name included) they are more.

So does it mean, men don't but apartments? ama ni watu wa kujenga? ama wanalewa as the ladies buy properties.? Can the "sponsors" be buying for women this apartments? i highly doubt.
To me it looks like girl child empowernment is real.... if this represents a fraction of apartment buying then the ground is shifting.

2. 60%-70% of the owners are from one tribe (censored). The have & the havenots.. its not fair to be tribal but this tells alot

3. There is one big vocal tribe that comprises of approximately 4% of the owners.

Where can one get this report?
Impunity
#83 Posted : Thursday, November 09, 2017 4:23:56 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ryko wrote:
3BD valued at 7M
2BD valued at 6M

Great smile

One big vocal tribe?? Which tribe could this be.. Oh.
I can't guess!

Tibiim Tribe
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Pesa Nane
#84 Posted : Thursday, November 09, 2017 6:36:28 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
iMANI
#85 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 12:56:02 PM

@Wazuans..got a couple of questions on this project

1. Does anyone know the current rental prices for Phase 1 (I'm informed it's completed)?

2. Any figures on the current occupancy rates for this phase?

3. I read earlier on the issue of Everest Park apartments having issues with the building inspectors. Does it affect this project given the proximity to the same?

Appreciate your feedback.
Life and beer are very similar........chill for best results.

Orionuer
#86 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:02:47 PM

iMANI wrote:

1. Does anyone know the current rental prices for Phase 1 (I'm informed it's completed)?

3. I read earlier on the issue of Everest Park apartments having issues with the building inspectors. Does it affect this project given the proximity to the same?

To my knowledge, the current rental prices stand at Ksh. 27,000 to Ksh 30,000 for the 3 bedroom units and Ksh. 22,000 to Ksh. 25,000 for the 2-bedroom units.

I have a friend who is renting a 3-bedroom there, and quite a couple of people have moved there already but I wouldn't be able to give estimates.

I am considering taking up a unit there, I lived at Sunset Boulevard just down the road back in 2015, but it was not the best experience back then, hearing tarmacking has been done so could be better. But I have to visit now that it is raining, the flooding used to be very terrible, but given that Greatwall Gardens is way up the hill I do not think it will be affected by similar issues.

I plan on visiting this weekend, I will come back with a report.
View the world as I do at http://bdettesphotography.blogspot.com/
Impunity
#87 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:58:02 PM

Orionuer wrote:
iMANI wrote:

To my knowledge, the current rental prices stand at Ksh. 27,000 to Ksh 30,000 for the 3 bedroom units and Ksh. 22,000 to Ksh. 25,000 for the 2-bedroom units.

I have a friend who is renting a 3-bedroom there, and quite a couple of people have moved there already but I wouldn't be able to give estimates.

I am considering taking up a unit there, I lived at Sunset Boulevard just down the road back in 2015, but it was not the best experience back then, hearing tarmacking has been done so could be better. But I have to visit now that it is raining, the flooding used to be very terrible, but given that Greatwall Gardens is way up the hill I do not think it will be affected by similar issues.

I plan on visiting this weekend, I will come back with a report.

How many houses are there in total?
Seems huge.

hardwood
#88 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:09:15 PM

Should have posted this here .....in the correct thread.

https://www.the-star.co....oxic-emissions_c1740915

Quote:
Protesters and workers clash over London Distillers β€˜toxic’ emissions

https://www.standardmedi...ition-of-housing-estate

Quote:
London Distillers now wants the residential estate to be demolished. The distillery has written to Nema, arguing that Great Wall Gardens sits on an industrial zone and should, therefore, be brought down. β€œWe request Erdemann Property Ltd to demolish the said residential properties on the affected plots, failure to which we request the Director General Nema to issue demolition orders forthwith,” wrote Mohan Galot, the billionaire who owns the distillery, in the letter dated February 5, 2018 to Nema boss Geoffrey Wahungu.

Stiffler
#89 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:10:22 PM

So, guys buy houses opposite an existing distillery. Then later on want the distillery closed coz it's interfering with their ambience...?!

Who found who...?!
hardwood
#90 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:49:36 PM

Stiffler wrote:
So, guys buy houses opposite an existing distillery. Then later on want the distillery closed coz it's interfering with their ambience...?!

Who found who...?!

Others bought next to the 70yr old ruai sewerage and the 50yr old Thika leather factory and also now want the facilities closed. You'd expect they'd have done a site visit before buying.
winmak
#91 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:49:04 PM

Todays Nation, offering Greatwall 2 for 3 million. I am very interested but ....
1. What is the level of satisfaction of those in GW 1
2. Is this new property next to the Industries et al with possible issues in future?
3. Seefar is going down after a similar blitz sale back in 2013/4, is there something I am not seeing?

Would appreciate advice before I sign the dotted line
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Pesa Nane
#92 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:48:33 PM

winmak wrote:
Todays Nation, offering Greatwall 2 for 3 million. I am very interested but ....
2. Is this new property next to the Industries et al with possible issues in future?
3. Seefar is going down after a similar blitz sale back in 2013/4, is there something I am not seeing?

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
winmak
#93 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:05:14 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
winmak wrote:

Clarification please @Pesanane
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
maka
#94 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:53:47 PM

hardwood wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

Who found who...?!

Others bought next to the 70yr old ruai sewerage and the 50yr old Thika leather factory and also now want the facilities closed. You'd expect they'd have done a site visit before buying.

Wanaitwa wakenya... 😊
possunt quia posse videntur
radio
#95 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 4:34:39 PM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Stiffler wrote:

Who found who...?!

Wanaitwa wakenya... 😊

How do those near the Ruai sewerage survive? Every time I pass by there, I can't even stand the smell where inside the carSad Sad Sad
VituVingiSana
#96 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:38:59 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
winmak wrote:

Hasn't that factory/distillery been there for years/decades in an industrial zone?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#97 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:54:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
winmak wrote:

Hasn't that factory/distillery been there for years/decades in an industrial zone?

The factory can be moved due to public demand.

Mujiza
#98 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 5:04:54 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:

Latest offer

winmak wrote:

They have some very nicely built and spacious retail spaces. I hope they offer those soon.
Ryko
#99 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2018 5:50:20 PM

winmak wrote:

Greatwall really depends on what you want, 1. Do you want to invest? or 2. Do you want to live there?

1. If you want to invest:

-If you have to buy make sure you get the 3M cash deal, you must also be fast so as to acquire ground, 1st or 2nd floor. Avoid 3rd, 4th, 5th because of tenants.
-You will take so long to ever sell that house simply no buyers, since Mchina keeps building houses at 3M. (if you want to go in buy and cash out you will be "Slaughtered Alive" - no buyers) may be in future.
- If you miss out on Ground/1st/2nd you MAY struggle getting a tenant. Tenants have lots of options, since there lots of apartments. I know of guys who don't have tenants until now.
- The rent is, 27 3Bdr/ 25 2Bdr (some are offering as low as 24 3Bddr/19 2Bdr)
- Basically its a struggle to get tenants if you have houses up the sky, option is to reduce rent.
- Final paperwork takes long, shitty to sell those apartments - May change in future
- The water-bills scare away tenants
- Upcoming phases are better i.e Phs 2 has bigger kitchens, phs 3... rolls back to tenants prefering newer phases than old phases
- service charge is 2k monthly

Conclusion: If you investing long-term you can have a shot (issa Lock up investment), if you are after liquidity forget about it.
Its a good deal if you get at 3M, get a 27K tenant who will always be in (to increase this chance target 1st floor).
By the way a simple basic investment like CIC money market (10%) may give you better returns monthly.

2. If you want to live there:

- I hear Waterbills are terrible, its like paying shell V-power.
- The rest is fine, road network bla bla.

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Kate_Mbarire
#100 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 4:28:23 AM

Ryko wrote:
winmak wrote:

Greatwall really depends on what you want, 1. Do you want to invest? or 2. Do you want to live there?

1. If you want to invest:

-If you have to buy make sure you get the 3M cash deal, you must also be fast so as to acquire ground, 1st or 2nd floor. Avoid 3rd, 4th, 5th because of tenants.
-You will take so long to ever sell that house simply no buyers, since Mchina keeps building houses at 3M. (if you want to go in buy and cash out you will be "Slaughtered Alive" - no buyers) may be in future.
- If you miss out on Ground/1st/2nd you MAY struggle getting a tenant. Tenants have lots of options, since there lots of apartments. I know of guys who don't have tenants until now.
- The rent is, 27 3Bdr/ 25 2Bdr (some are offering as low as 24 3Bddr/19 2Bdr)
- Basically its a struggle to get tenants if you have houses up the sky, option is to reduce rent.
- Final paperwork takes long, shitty to sell those apartments - May change in future
- The water-bills scare away tenants
- Upcoming phases are better i.e Phs 2 has bigger kitchens, phs 3... rolls back to tenants prefering newer phases than old phases
- service charge is 2k monthly

Conclusion: If you investing long-term you can have a shot (issa Lock up investment), if you are after liquidity forget about it.
Its a good deal if you get at 3M, get a 27K tenant who will always be in (to increase this chance target 1st floor).
By the way a simple basic investment like CIC money market (10%) may give you better returns monthly.

2. If you want to live there:

- I hear Waterbills are terrible, its like paying shell V-power.
- The rest is fine, road network bla bla.

Excellent insights Ryco.I also think the high-rises that the government is building under the affordable housing agenda may give you better returns.eg they're building some at old Ngara ...3bd flat at 3M.ofcourse the sq ft is really small and am sure the finishing will be basic but I think these will be easier to work with.