wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
underground water tank
newfarer
#41 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 3:26:09 PM

newfarer wrote:
doing one with reinforced concrete 12x8x10.I have put in black nylon sheet under the concrete and water proofed it.no stone but six reinforcement columns and checked wire.cost now past 120k.just the top cover is remaining.

This one is now full after the rains.a years water supply needs sorted.

Wish the government could harvest the water that is currently freely flowing.
punda amecheka
Mukiri
#42 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 3:54:44 PM

Currently doing a pit-latrine that will serve as water tank during construction. 10 feet hole (6 murram 4 black-cotton). Foundation stone for the 4 feet above the murram, angle liners + wire mesh + chicken mesh. Kokoto down. Ferro-cement (water-proof) all the way up.

Proverbs 19:21
point
#43 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:13:36 AM

Question: I have a massive underground tank that I was using as a septic. We were recently connected to the sewer line and so we plan to use the septic for water storage. is it possible? how to clean it?
winmak
#44 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:26:32 AM

point wrote:
Question: I have a massive underground tank that I was using as a septic. We were recently connected to the sewer line and so we plan to use the septic for water storage. is it possible? how to clean it?

Nooooo:.. cleaning it you can but the water will never be portable enough for kitchen use. Maybe washrooms
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Mukiri
#45 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:45:33 PM

point wrote:

Make humongous amount of LABs and decompose that waste into manure, then give your garden a treat.

Proverbs 19:21
This is me
#46 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 4:21:39 PM

newfarer wrote:
doing one with reinforced concrete 12x8x10.I have put in black nylon sheet under the concrete and water proofed it.no stone but six reinforcement columns and checked wire.cost now past 120k.just the top cover is remaining.

Did you finish this tank? How many liters does it store? Is it round or rectangular.
newfarer
#47 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 5:38:31 PM

This is me wrote:
newfarer wrote:

Did you finish this tank? How many liters does it store? Is it round or rectangular.

yes,
27000 litres enough for my annual consumption
punda amecheka
regaltanks
#48 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2019 6:19:33 PM

Allank wrote:
@ Matata I concur the shape does not matter. Had same problems with my square tank and the fundi reinforced the corners with waterproof na simiti kali en the leakage disappeared completely. For those interested you can check out http://www.regaltanks.co.uk/calculator/ to find out how many liters your tank can hold depending on the size selected. E.g a 10x10x10 feet tank will hold aprox 28,000 liters of the precious commodity

Thank you for recommending our tank calculator.
Regal Tanks

Tank Hire and Used Tanks
doubletap
#49 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 11:19:06 PM

Old post same problems am trying to tackle today and need some advice. Thinking of doing an underground water tank with a concrete roof that should be able hold a water tower with one tank about 20ft high of capacity btw 5k -10k liters.

Thinking a tank size of 5mx4mx3M approx 60,000liters, might be cheaper than having two 10k roto tanks. How much would it cost using a) stone b) concrete c) any other construction method. One advice for the tower is to use black pipe 4"
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein