wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
DJ CK, It will be well...
murchr
#21 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:27:53 AM

It's their money they can choose who to give.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#22 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:46:48 AM

Rongla wrote:
Well let the truth be told, rich Kenyans (Africans) don't give a toss about investing or giving back to the very society that made them rich. More specifically they don't invest in things like health care and education. Most of their investments are in politics. Not a single donation to hospitals nor schools to better and empower them. They believe they have money and can afford the best health care anywhere in the world (The Man from Kabartonjo is in an Israeli hospital yet he was President for 24 years). What they forget is with most of this ailments, early diagnosis holds key to recovery and can only delivered to patients' at their first point of contact with health practitioners (Primary health Care). Hence the need to improve facilities across the board. A case in point is if some fatcat politician is involved in an accident (like they always do) away from the Nairobi, The first response and care will not be be from some Nairobi hospital or Karen hospital but some run down county level five hospital. Why do they never learn. You may think this is a veiled attack on CK, but no, he may not be a politician but he has always been at policy making table and a beneficiary of the system. The people of this country contributed to his wealth. Just give back something.

I see hustlers come here on Wazua bemoaning how Njenga Karume's G.Kirimas's and Kanyotu's wealth is being squandered. What they forget is this very wealth was by and large looted from poor Kenyans.

Get well Soon CK

it's very interesting that people think this 'giving' is easy! at what point does being 'rich' begin? People don't get rich by learning how to give! regardless of what you are told on sunday. isn't it interesting that the only person who gets rich is the one that effectively preaches that people should give? but I digress...wewe ukienda shags na hiyo pesa yako kuna watu wanasema... this person can toa mchango we build our school here. oh water hole... bore hole e.t.c. lakini wewe uko na mashida zako! wewe pia ni wealthy... ume'give' back ngapi? They are not 'beneficiaries' of the system... they exploited the system - kuna tofauti!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
hardwood
#23 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:36:31 AM

Rongla wrote:
Well let the truth be told, rich Kenyans (Africans) don't give a toss about investing or giving back to the very society that made them rich. More specifically they don't invest in things like health care and education. Most of their investments are in politics. Not a single donation to hospitals nor schools to better and empower them. They believe they have money and can afford the best health care anywhere in the world (The Man from Kabartonjo is in an Israeli hospital yet he was President for 24 years). What they forget is with most of this ailments, early diagnosis holds key to recovery and can only delivered to patients' at their first point of contact with health practitioners (Primary health Care). Hence the need to improve facilities across the board. A case in point is if some fatcat politician is involved in an accident (like they always do) away from the Nairobi, The first response and care will not be be from some Nairobi hospital or Karen hospital but some run down county level five hospital. Why do they never learn. You may think this is a veiled attack on CK, but no, he may not be a politician but he has always been at policy making table and a beneficiary of the system. The people of this country contributed to his wealth. Just give back something.

I see hustlers come here on Wazua bemoaning how Njenga Karume's G.Kirimas's and Kanyotu's wealth is being squandered. What they forget is this very wealth was by and large looted from poor Kenyans.

Get well Soon CK

So how much have you given back to the society that enabled you to become a middle class guy? Have you ever donated a book or computer to any school? Or a microscope or gloves to the dispensary in your village? Look into the mirror first.
hardwood
#24 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:22:39 PM

Also DJ CK has given back by employing hundreds in his companies instead of stashing the billions in swiss accounts. His companies also pay millions in taxes, money that supports govt programmes eg health, education, water etc etc. Sasa munataka DJ afanye nini ingine sasa?
wukan
#25 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 1:36:42 PM

Rongla wrote:

Get well Soon CK

Now imagine CK was bankrupt and can't afford his treatment. Do you think society will have given him any support or they would all be laughing/sneering at his misery. Don't say you are poor because someone is looting from you(which is an oxymoron), poverty is the default setting it's up to you to utilize the 24 hours in day given to you and be productive in your lifetime (offer goods and services that society wants and is willing to pay for).
Mukiri
#26 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 3:09:46 PM

hardwood wrote:
Also DJ CK has given back by employing hundreds in his companies instead of stashing the billions in swiss accounts. His companies also pay millions in taxes, money that supports govt programmes eg health, education, water etc etc. Sasa munataka DJ afanye nini ingine sasa?

I think your definition of 'giving back' is warped. My definition would entail projects that do not enrich him even more. Like setting up a hospice to give free health care. Employing people and paying taxes is NOT giving back

Proverbs 19:21
Rongla
#27 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 5:36:13 PM

Every Kenyan pay taxes. Hata mama Mboga and mkokoteni guys pay through everything they buy. But they are taxed disproportionately. Super Wealthy Kenyans pay far less tax compared to the struggling majority. There's this Kenyan thing where the rich are seen as demi gods and have to be somehow worshipped. That's why Hardwood et al thinks l shouldn't look at CK beyond his Wealth, BIG CARS, industrial and investment shrewdness (Including bringing Uchumi down and thousands looking their investments livihoods and jobs)
I did say the rich do give back but only to political causes that will protect their status quo of accumulating more wealth and condemning their fellow compatriots further down the poverty abyss.
@ Hardwood Yes I do give back although in a small way.
Ever heard of Manu Chandaria.Is he not in Kirubi's League
Showing off wealth to starving compatriots is Vanity. It's saying look.. poor people l can afford this and that and that... and you poor you... you cant!!!
It's a superiority complex.
Kili
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:23:29 PM

I wish CK well.But its good to be reminded of the vanity that wealth,even life itself is.10-12 years ago,I worked in a parastatal on whose board he sat.He also chaired the procurement subcommittee.As a junior manager i somehow used to attend board meetings related to finance & procurement.CK would interject any discussion point & make phone calls-intimidating even the then finance p.s.If you were duscussing capex-vehicles he would call Bill Lay,dress him down first,before asking him to give us an offer on the kind of vehicle based on budget.He would thereafter declare his interest & 'that of the government in this or that company'And so on.But like I started by saying,I wish him well.
hardwood
#29 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:33:49 PM

Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

I think your definition of 'giving back' is warped. My definition would entail projects that do not enrich him even more. Like setting up a hospice to give free health care. Employing people and paying taxes is NOT giving back

As I said earlier he had the option of stashing his billions abroad and live happily ever after, like many do, but he opted to invest locally and create employment that supports thousands directly and indirectly. Giving back isn't just about donations and charity.

https://www.nytimes.com/...e-meaning-of-giving-back
mpobiz
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 9:22:46 AM

What you are forgeting is that the tycoon is over 70 years which in Africa it's called ripe old age. We all know the life expectancy age here in our country. There are hollyer people who have died much younger than this man. Most of this bloggers writting nonsense are not even 50 and don't even know whats going to happen to them in the next hour.
We only have one life . Look at how this man has lived his life in the last 30 years and maybe try to predict and compare your last 30 years in this world.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Euge
#31 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:33:00 AM

Kusadikika wrote:

Thank you Kusadikika
Get well DJ CK
Lord, thank you!
Mukiri
#32 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:37:14 AM

hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

As I said earlier he had the option of stashing his billions abroad and live happily ever after, like many do, but he opted to invest locally and create employment that supports thousands directly and indirectly. Giving back isn't just about donations and charity.

https://www.nytimes.com/...-meaning-of-giving-back

You have written and quoted nothing there. Shame on you That is rat mentality. If I bite you, then blow on your wound, I'm 'giving back'? This because I have the option of biting and walking away?d'oh!

For your information, stashing money locally or abroad doesn't make economic sense. Those doing it are only financially illiterate. Your Okemos and Gichurus. You make more money by working the money you have. I will repeat it, doing business (employing people) and paying taxes is NOT giving back.

Monk
#33 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 3:12:22 PM

Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

You have written and quoted nothing there. Shame on you That is rat mentality. If I bite you, then blow on your wound, I'm 'giving back'? This because I have the option of biting and walking away?d'oh!

For your information, stashing money locally or abroad doesn't make economic sense. Those doing it are only financially illiterate. Your Okemos and Gichurus. You make more money by working the money you have. I will repeat it, doing business (employing people) and paying taxes is NOT giving back.

Giving fish vs a fishing rod... between the two, I support employment creation, but that's me. Where is the dignity and sense of self-worth for the people who get hooked to charity? How do they carry on when the tap runs dry?
kaka2za
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 6:33:58 PM

Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Ati giving back? What did we give CK in the 1st place?

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
KulaRaha
#35 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 8:31:13 AM

Thieves never realise that they die alone...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
masukuma
#36 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 8:35:07 AM

Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Basi don't lecture people about giving back... sio lazima.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Mukiri
#37 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 9:00:21 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

I would love to read @Hardwood's reply to that too. From my recollection of Kenatco, Uchumi na kadhalika, he took what wasn't his. To turn around and say that he's 'given back' is an atrocity

hardwood
#38 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 9:21:23 AM

Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

I would love to read @Hardwood's reply to that too. From my recollection of Kenatco, Uchumi na kadhalika, he took what wasn't his. To turn around and say that he's 'given back' is an atrocity

Took what and from whom? Has he ever been CONVICTED of any crime? Stop peddling malicious rumours. You should know that his companies/investments in haco industries, centum, 2 rivers etc have been doing very well making him billions.
kaka2za
#39 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 10:35:05 AM

hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Took what and from whom? Has he ever been CONVICTED of any crime? Stop peddling malicious rumours. You should know that his companies/investments in haco industries, centum, 2 rivers etc have been doing very well making him billions.

Talking of convictions,were Rasta Matheri,Wacucu,Wanugu,Wakinyonga ever convicted? What of Pattni? Does it mean they were innocent?

There is a Kikuyu saying 'Kihooto ti maa'...loosely translated it means arguing a point strongly and justifying it does not mean it is the truth.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
hardwood
#40 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 10:44:09 AM

kaka2za wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Talking of convictions,were Rasta Matheri,Wacucu,Wanugu,Wakinyonga ever convicted? What of Pattni? Does it mean they were innocent?

There is a Kikuyu saying 'Kihooto ti maa'...loosely translated it means arguing a point strongly and justifying it does not mean it is the truth.

Just because KQ, Uchumi etc have gone down does it mean Ngunze and Kipngetich have stolen? A business can go down due to market forces.