wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Stanbic FY2017 PAT down 2% to ksh.4.3bn
Ericsson
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:29:15 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?
Why less than 75%? [SAHL will hold 296,192,981 Ordinary Shares in Stanbic Holdings, which would represent just under 75 per cent]
Why not attempt a takeover?

@gatheuzi - I will hold onto my (few historic ex-CFC) Stanbic too!
I think banks (in general) are poised for a rebound in profitability in FY 2018 and 2019 ceteris paribus.

@vvs
Shafting and thuggery in private sector is worse than in GOK entities.
Yaani they tell you to forego dividends.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:31:16 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?
Why less than 75%? [SAHL will hold 296,192,981 Ordinary Shares in Stanbic Holdings, which would represent just under 75 per cent]

I think banks (in general) are poised for a rebound in profitability in FY 2018 and 2019 ceteris paribus.

@vvs

Dividend wanabaki nayo itafuniwe Sandton

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:00:10 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

I will take my chances with the private sector. I need not sell.
KenRe - They will "steal" and leave us with less than 50% IF we are lucky. See KQ, KPLC and NBK as examples.

If Stanbic's current shareholders [I have a few shares] feel it is worth than 95/- [as I do] then stay put. The shares are trading cum-div [or they could offer 91/- ex-div].

Another reason may be that this offer the Njonjo/Kiereini/ALCO group the ability to sell at a higher price without trading on the board and letting someone else outbid them.

There are 2 closing dates: After they tally up all offers to sell by Date #1, then they "modify" the offer to allow more than 10K shares to be offered, on Date #2, with a max buyout of 59mn shares.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:14:48 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

KenRe - They will "steal" and leave us with less than 50% IF we are lucky. See KQ, KPLC and NBK as examples.

If Stanbic's current shareholders [I have a few shares] feel it is worth than 95/- [as I do] then stay put. The shares are trading cum-div [or they could offer 91/- ex-div].

Another reason may be that this offer the Njonjo/Kiereini/ALCO group the ability to sell at a higher price without trading on the board and letting someone else outbid them.

There are 2 closing dates: After they tally up all offers to sell by Date #1, then they "modify" the offer to allow more than 10K shares to be offered, on Date #2, with a max buyout of 59mn shares.

Seems like a raw deal

sparkly
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:35:34 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

Seems like a raw deal

Very raw deal. If not compulsory, hatubanduki.
Life is short. Live passionately.
dunkang
#26 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 12:44:01 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

Seems like a raw deal

Very raw. Sichukui.

Am for 130/- for each of my 15,000 units.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

sparkly
#27 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:34:18 AM

dunkang wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

Seems like a raw deal

Very raw. Sichukui.

These guys think we are clueless
obiero
#28 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:33:30 AM

sparkly wrote:
dunkang wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

Seems like a raw deal

Very raw. Sichukui.

Unfortunately they may have their cake and eat it too. Considering their current holding, it's possible for the entities to act in concert

VituVingiSana
#29 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 4:58:26 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
dunkang wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

Seems like a raw deal

Very raw. Sichukui.

Unfortunately they may have their cake and eat it too. Considering their current holding, it's possible for the entities to act in concert

And do what?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#30 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:38:28 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
dunkang wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Why now?

@vvs

Seems like a raw deal

Very raw. Sichukui.

And do what?

Ensure price doesn't have wild swing hence justify the purchase price

VituVingiSana
#31 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:17:09 AM

Good news for Stanbic
https://www.businessdail...7792-1bid6wz/index.html

If Karuturi does pay off the loan/s to Stanbic, then a huge chunk of NPLs can be reduced and written back to profits.
Ericsson
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2018 9:17:55 AM

STanbic bank kenya has raised a $100mn (sh.10bn) dual-tranche syndicated loan co-ordinated by Mashreq Bank of UAE.
The loan has maturities of two and three years and was two and a half times oversubscribed.
VituVingiSana
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2018 2:57:04 PM

Ericsson wrote:
STanbic bank kenya has raised a $100mn (sh.10bn) dual-tranche syndicated loan co-ordinated by Mashreq Bank of UAE.
The loan has maturities of two and three years and was two and a half times oversubscribed.
Link?
So has Stanbic KE invested in the paper?
What currency?
Ericsson
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2018 3:29:14 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Link?
What currency?

Currency is USD
Link:http://epaper.peopledaily.co.ke/#folio=16
VituVingiSana
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2018 6:59:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Link?
What currency?

Currency is USD
Link:http://epaper.peopledaily.co.ke/#folio=16
Interesting. Thanks. Banks are getting back into the lending game.
Pesa Nane
#36 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:59:00 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:
Final Div. Ksh 4.00 Applause Applause
Closure 13 Dec 2018

Aiii is this normal.
Dividends are supposed to be paid within 6 months after announcing results.

Notice is hereby given that the Sixty-Third Annual General Meeting of the Members of Stanbic Holdings Plc (the Company) will be held on Tuesday, 12 June 2018, at Louis Leakey Auditorium, National Museums of Kenya, Nairobi, at 11.00 a.m. to transact the following business:.........
3. To consider and if thought fit, approve the recommendation by the Board for a final dividend of KShs 4.00 per share for the year ended 31 December 2017. The published book closure date announced for 13 June 2018, has been changed to 31 July 2018. This change in dates has been necessitated by the tender offer made to shareholders of the Company by Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited, which was announced on 16 March 2018. In order to accommodate the required minimum 30 day tender offer period, the obtaining of requisite regulatory approvals for the final payments to shareholders accepting the tender offer and the finalisation of the shareholders register of the Company after the tender offer, the payment of the dividend can only be made after such finalisation. If a final dividend is approved by the Company’s shareholders, the payment of a final dividend will be made on or about 10 August 2018.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
sparkly
#37 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:53:07 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:
Closure 13 Dec 2018

Aiii is this normal.

Notice is hereby given that the Sixty-Third Annual General Meeting of the Members of Stanbic Holdings Plc (the Company) will be held on Tuesday, 12 June 2018, at Louis Leakey Auditorium, National Museums of Kenya, Nairobi, at 11.00 a.m. to transact the following business:.........
3. To consider and if thought fit, approve the recommendation by the Board for a final dividend of KShs 4.00 per share for the year ended 31 December 2017. The published book closure date announced for 13 June 2018, has been changed to 31 July 2018. This change in dates has been necessitated by the tender offer made to shareholders of the Company by Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited, which was announced on 16 March 2018. In order to accommodate the required minimum 30 day tender offer period, the obtaining of requisite regulatory approvals for the final payments to shareholders accepting the tender offer and the finalisation of the shareholders register of the Company after the tender offer, the payment of the dividend can only be made after such finalisation. If a final dividend is approved by the Company’s shareholders, the payment of a final dividend will be made on or about 10 August 2018.

What is the likely outcome for some of us who stay put on the offer? compulsory buyout? Delisting?
dunkang
#38 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:21:17 AM

sparkly wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:
Closure 13 Dec 2018

Aiii is this normal.

What is the likely outcome for some of us who stay put on the offer? compulsory buyout? Delisting?

With the promising 1st Quarter 2018 unaudited Results, i don't see them getting more than 25% of the shares they are asking for.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

obiero
#39 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 10:22:55 AM

That Q1 performance was questionably robust

Gatheuzi
#40 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 8:05:47 PM

sparkly wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:
Closure 13 Dec 2018

Aiii is this normal.

Stanbic will retain the listing status, meaning that for discenting shareholders like myself we shall keep the shares, the dividend and enjoy future growth along with the South Africans.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.