wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
These secession talks
Ngalaka
#41 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:13:20 AM

Njung'e wrote:
This too. The word Kenya is a corruption of Kirinyaga (Came from a Mkamba chief who pronounced Kirinyaga as "Kiinya"). why would the people of that republic still want anything to do with the mountain?smile

As a matter of fact, Mt Kenya, just like Mt Kilimanjaro, is visible from most parts of Ukambani.
Naturally you expect those souls to have a name of their own for each of the mountains.
I expect The Somalis, Samburus, Boranas et al to have their own names for Mt Kenya too.

Thus in Ukambani Mt Kenya goes by the name ‘Kilinyaa’ – Kili/Kii meaning the one with or that has ‘Nyaa’ = Ostrich.
Mt Kilimanjaro is referred to as ‘Keyolaa’ – the one that crowns itself – snow caped if you like.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Njung'e
#42 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:23:31 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
This too. The word Kenya is a corruption of Kirinyaga (Came from a Mkamba chief who pronounced Kirinyaga as "Kiinya"). why would the people of that republic still want anything to do with the mountain?smile

As a matter of fact, Mt Kenya, just like Mt Kilimanjaro, is visible from most parts of Ukambani.
Naturally you expect those souls to have a name of their own for each of the mountains.
I expect The Somalis, Samburus, Boranas et al to have their own names for Mt Kenya too.

Thus in Ukambani Mt Kenya goes by the name ‘Kilinyaa’ – Kili/Kii meaning the one with or that has ‘Nyaa’ = Ostrich.
Mt Kilimanjaro is referred to as ‘Keyolaa’ – the one that crowns itself – snow caped if you like.

Agreedsmile.......and whereas "nyaa" may mean ostrich in Kikamba, "Nyaga" is not just an ostrich in Kikuyu but also means a white patch. It's common to hear a mugikuyu say, " get me the ram with a "ru-nyaga". Many seem to believe then, that Kirinyaga means , the "mountain with ostriches". I beg to and believe whoever coined the name meant, The mountain with a white patch/cap"/ "Kirima kiri runyaga" which was thus shortened to "Kiri-nyaga". You may want to find if that is the case in Kikamba. Thanks anywaysmile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
chiaroscuro
#43 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:36:50 PM

innairobi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:
On a related note and looking at that map, I wonder whether Lamu was chosen as the site of a new port for more than just technical considerations. Ni kama the 'Pwani si Kenya' movement made people start to think of having a less politically-polarized alternative to Mombasa.

You can't have a sea port without a coast!

Ulitaka LAPSET ianze wapi? Kitui?

Hauelewi. Kenya's coastline is 600 kilometres long. There's probably 5,000 locations where you can build a new port. I'm just speculating on why Lamu.

How many island towns are there. Certainly not 5,000! Lamu was the best for Mombasa is too small and Malindi has no nearby island.
Tokyo
#44 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:45:48 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:
On a related note and looking at that map, I wonder whether Lamu was chosen as the site of a new port for more than just technical considerations. Ni kama the 'Pwani si Kenya' movement made people start to think of having a less politically-polarized alternative to Mombasa.

Hauelewi. Kenya's coastline is 600 kilometres long. There's probably 5,000 locations where you can build a new port. I'm just speculating on why Lamu.

How many island towns are there. Certainly not 5,000! Lamu was the best for Mombasa is too small and Malindi has no nearby island.

I think LAPSSET main port being in Lamu was strategically considered. In case Of secession , the country to have an alternative port or dilute importance of Mombasa port diminishing MRC secession agitation. Kibaki team of technocrats were the best players
work to prosper
Much Know
#45 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 10:15:14 AM

Njung'e wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

Agreedsmile.......and whereas "nyaa" may mean ostrich in Kikamba, "Nyaga" is not just an ostrich in Kikuyu but also means a white patch. It's common to hear a mugikuyu say, " get me the ram with a "ru-nyaga". Many seem to believe then, that Kirinyaga means , the "mountain with ostriches". I beg to and believe whoever coined the name meant, The mountain with a white patch/cap"/ "Kirima kiri runyaga" which was thus shortened to "Kiri-nyaga". You may want to find if that is the case in Kikamba. Thanks anywaysmile

Bad history. There are Chinese maps of Kenya before even mzungu came, and the Periplus of the Erythrean sea is by the Greeks from around 1AD and has Kenyan locations on it and possibly Mt. Kenya. Some of the wealthy 'Kikuyu' or what you unknowingly call "shenzi" (nigger) today, lived at the coast before Vasco go da Gamas invasion of 'Mombaza' (according to chinese) around 1500, they still had a name for Mt. Kenya, the Arab traders who broadly called this people "Zanj/Zinj"(Pre-600AD to several years BC), including interludes with the Romans, Persians, Chinese and maybe more, say they lived in coastal 'bantu cities', which the Persians corrupted to Zinj (post Muhammed era), ended up as shenzi from "Zenji" in early swahili in reference to the bush type bantu disdainful "watu wa bara", whom even the rich type coastal Arab, kikuyu/Bantu e.t.c would capture as slaves, get tasks from the interior e.t.c. This Zinj name is the reason the Leakey's dug up monkey bones in their pseudoscience to show Africans as "inferior" and labelled the Zinjathropus (original blck man), an insult to our intellect. Prior to the transatlantic slave trade, the zinj (kikuyu) was described as "beautiful" with gold earrings, (samples can be seen at archives, the trade kicked of racism around 1400 a/d and all shenzis rich or poor became fair game, especially the beautiful ladies. Merus at the coast (then the Zinj inlaws to Kikuyu around mombasa) called the Portugese "nguu tune" (red cloth), because of the red cross o their flags, they enslaved us somewhere in lamu (Mbwa), and we escaped around 1709, during the reign of the omanis and the chaos, we were lucky we had a few literate people/craftsmen to aid in escape and tell the story......variously known as the Kush (Hebrew), Ethopians (Greeks)...e.t.c e.t.c....in short Mt. Kenya has been known by people for thousands and thousands of years all the way to Noah and Abraham and it was called in different languages "The Throne of God", therefore the mzungu new exactly what Mt. Kenyas historical name is and that is what the name means, "the seat of God" e.t.c in local languages, even if yoou wake up a scholar from Cairo University in 1500 AD, he will tell you that, hizi za akini Dr. Livingstone, Stanly Morton ni ujinga ya racist wazungu!
A New Kenya
Fyatu
#46 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 11:29:56 AM

Tokyo wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:

I think LAPSSET main port being in Lamu was strategically considered. In case Of secession , the country to have an alternative port or dilute importance of Mombasa port diminishing MRC secession agitation. Kibaki team of technocrats were the best players

You can say that again. They sent KDF to capture Kismayo - The original Kenyan port city
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Iganamagana
#47 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:38:50 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:

You can say that again. They sent KDF to capture Kismayo - The original Kenyan port city

This was ours? We need to get it back ASAP. smile
sanity
#48 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:07:53 PM

Much Know wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

Bad history. There are Chinese maps of Kenya before even mzungu came, and the Periplus of the Erythrean sea is by the Greeks from around 1AD and has Kenyan locations on it and possibly Mt. Kenya. Some of the wealthy 'Kikuyu' or what you unknowingly call "shenzi" (nigger) today, lived at the coast before Vasco go da Gamas invasion of 'Mombaza' (according to chinese) around 1500, they still had a name for Mt. Kenya, the Arab traders who broadly called this people "Zanj/Zinj"(Pre-600AD to several years BC), including interludes with the Romans, Persians, Chinese and maybe more, say they lived in coastal 'bantu cities', which the Persians corrupted to Zinj (post Muhammed era), ended up as shenzi from "Zenji" in early swahili in reference to the bush type bantu disdainful "watu wa bara", whom even the rich type coastal Arab, kikuyu/Bantu e.t.c would capture as slaves, get tasks from the interior e.t.c. This Zinj name is the reason the Leakey's dug up monkey bones in their pseudoscience to show Africans as "inferior" and labelled the Zinjathropus (original blck man), an insult to our intellect. Prior to the transatlantic slave trade, the zinj (kikuyu) was described as "beautiful" with gold earrings, (samples can be seen at archives, the trade kicked of racism around 1400 a/d and all shenzis rich or poor became fair game, especially the beautiful ladies. Merus at the coast (then the Zinj inlaws to Kikuyu around mombasa) called the Portugese "nguu tune" (red cloth), because of the red cross o their flags, they enslaved us somewhere in lamu (Mbwa), and we escaped around 1709, during the reign of the omanis and the chaos, we were lucky we had a few literate people/craftsmen to aid in escape and tell the story......variously known as the Kush (Hebrew), Ethopians (Greeks)...e.t.c e.t.c....in short Mt. Kenya has been known by people for thousands and thousands of years all the way to Noah and Abraham and it was called in different languages "The Throne of God", therefore the mzungu new exactly what Mt. Kenyas historical name is and that is what the name means, "the seat of God" e.t.c in local languages, even if yoou wake up a scholar from Cairo University in 1500 AD, he will tell you that, hizi za akini Dr. Livingstone, Stanly Morton ni ujinga ya racist wazungu!

Good history..
Hope is not a strategy
Lolest!
#49 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:47:17 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:

In which case we need to give back Naivasha westwards to Ugandasmile
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Wainadi
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:01:29 AM

Much Know wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
Njung'e wrote:

Where can I get this information @ Much Know
Its all good.
masukuma
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:17:16 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
innairobi wrote:

In which case we need to give back Naivasha westwards to Ugandasmile

yao ni yetu... yetu ni yetu!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Much Know
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:50:51 AM

sanity wrote:
Good history..

Thank you smile
Wainadi wrote:

Perhaps on wazua coz most of the information is simply tacit knowledge, but there are a wide range of explicit sources from google, relatives, Archives, Torah and new testament Bible, Kebra Negest, Homer, Egyptian pyramid art and writings e.t.c several sources, but scattered (hidden in history by racism), but it melts and forms inside you, kwangu history huwa tamu sana so it's hard to fool me Shame on you ! So if admin behave, then slowly we can share here and i will give some sources next time within the post, it's just a bit cumbersome going back to the exact sources to quote, but it's true.
A New Kenya
Rahatupu
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:38:48 AM

Much Know wrote:
sanity wrote:
Good history..

Thank you smile
Wainadi wrote:

Perhaps on wazua coz most of the information is simply tacit knowledge, but there are a wide range of explicit sources from google, relatives, Archives, Torah and new testament Bible, Kebra Negest, Homer, Egyptian pyramid art and writings e.t.c several sources, but scattered (hidden in history by racism), but it melts and forms inside you, kwangu history huwa tamu sana so it's hard to fool me Shame on you ! So if admin behave, then slowly we can share here and i will give some sources next time within the post, it's just a bit cumbersome going back to the exact sources to quote, but it's true.

A reading of the historiography of African will elucidate on what @muchknow says. Simply put the history taught to us I school is as written by the racist colonialists mostly subscribing to earlier pragialism of the Temple of Luxor libraries by the Greeks and subsequent historical justification of slavery and colonialism by historical philosophers like Hegel who averred that all history of mankind starts in the Orient and by passes Africa ("....darkness is not a subject of history...") to find its climax in Germany. Subsequent scholars eg Hugh T. Roper was famous for denigrating African history. Mind you I've not even touched on American perspective on the same.
masukuma
#54 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:23:39 AM

I know people are hugging, holding hands and singing Kumbaya
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!