wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
KCB FY2017
mlennyma
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 1:39:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ksh.50 per share smashed while vvs continues having a negative outlook on the bank

65 where it was before rate cap
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:42:38 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ksh.50 per share smashed while vvs continues having a negative outlook on the bank

Anything is possible but irrationality is just about to set in..

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Horton
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:16:19 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Anything is possible but irrationality is just about to set in..

There’s 51/- limited supply
ngapat
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:30:24 PM

kcb tibim
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
watesh
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:41:14 PM

When you bought thousands of stocks at 40/- its so tempting to want to start cashing in.
Ericsson
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 1:04:34 PM

Kcb to close kericho east branch,ICD Kibarani and Moi international airport branch by June 30 this year.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 1:32:25 PM

watesh wrote:
When you bought thousands of stocks at 40/- its so tempting to want to start cashing in.

in our market cashing in has been proven a health practice
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mulla
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 2:53:48 PM

mlennyma wrote:
watesh wrote:

With the pending review of interest rate caps it might be worth considering holding on for an exponential spike in price for a few days after the official announcement is made. Plus you would have enjoyed dividends.
Aguytrying
#29 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:01:22 PM

mlennyma wrote:
watesh wrote:

Old friend, you can imagine the size of the smile on my face when equity is at 50. i bought at 27.00 immediately when rate cap hit. you know how long some of us waited to enter some of these bluechips.

With rate cap being lifted and politics "normalising" i think banks will rally hard. Bear in mind the rally to 40 was before rate cap lifting. ka ching ching.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Aguytrying
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:03:49 PM

mulla wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
watesh wrote:

With the pending review of interest rate caps it might be worth considering holding on for an exponential spike in price for a few days after the official announcement is made. Plus you would have enjoyed dividends.

From what i have seen, shares react before the announcement ie rumours. hence the " buy the rumour, sell the news " quote. but i would wait for the full rally based on profit growth going forward due to the cap being lifted
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
watesh
#31 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:14:52 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mulla wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
watesh wrote:

From what i have seen, shares react before the announcement ie rumours. hence the " buy the rumour, sell the news " quote. but i would wait for the full rally based on profit growth going forward due to the cap being lifted

The dividend yield on this stock has always been very juicy. I think it will be fully priced at 60 - 65 which is where it was hovering before rate cap....I will sell 25% of the stock at 55, send the money to park at Safcom stock
obiero
#32 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:17:58 PM

watesh wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mulla wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
watesh wrote:

The dividend yield on this stock has always been very juicy. I think it will be fully priced at 60 - 65 which is where it was hovering before rate cap....I will sell 25% of the stock at 55, send the money to park at Safcom stock

Excuse you? 2 bob dividend for a KES 60 share is juicy

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:16:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Enjoy. I picked Equity over KCB. No complaints.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gatheuzi
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:30:24 AM

obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mulla wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
watesh wrote:

He bought at 40, so he is yielding 5%. This is quite decent. The case is different for anyone buying at 60 whose entry yield drops to 3.3%.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
watesh
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:19:54 AM

obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mulla wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
watesh wrote:

But mathematically with a total dividend of 3bob it will be at 5% while at 60....The highest dividend yield for in the NSE stock with an almost guaranteed dividend payout. If sb wants to buy a stock for dividend, THIS IS IT.
Fyatu
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:53:14 AM

Insurance stocks show no sign of movement? They were trading at double their prices today when the banks were at the current prices back in 1st April 2015(Yes the bear has been that long). My ABP for KCB is 43. A 2bob dividend is 4.65% not bad at all combined with the modest 18% capital gain.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#37 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 6:41:54 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

No complaints. Equity touched 53.50 today for some decent volumes at 53.50
I picked Equity over KCB. It may be a mistake to alight from Equity at this stage but I shall do so and hold cash.

P.S. I still remain a fan of Equity over KCB.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Horton
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:46:16 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I picked Equity over KCB. It may be a mistake to alight from Equity at this stage but I shall do so and hold cash.

Hmmm I thought u were a buy and hold kinda guy. Dude ur protege does not sell unless economics of the business have severely deteriorated or so he says.
VituVingiSana
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:30:10 AM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Hmmm I thought u were a buy and hold kinda guy. Dude ur protege does not sell unless economics of the business have severely deteriorated or so he says.

Yes, I am and it pains Sad me to sell Equity but I am also looking at another (better?) investment. The "cash on hand" is a temporary situation for me. I am not "trading" Equity shares.

BTW, I may be forced to sell Sad NIC too [not a core holding but one I like] if I need more cash. Based on my perception (PER, P/B) of NIC vs Equity, I chose to sell Equity first.

If we had options in Kenya, then I would not sell Equity/NIC and hold cash but execute the Puts when the "other" investment was ready to be funded.

My mentor has (operating) businesses that generate a lot of cash but alas I do not. Nor do I have his ability to raise (cheap) funds from banks/bonds as needed. Ideally, I should be able to borrow to fund my investments but that's not possible/feasible and the cost (13.5% + 2.5% fees) remains scary.

If I had (unleveraged) "cash" I would not sell Equity, NIC, etc.
In 2017, I started "cleaning up" my portfolio and sold off many "orphans" that were laggards.

I hope when I have "free cash" I can re-enter Equity at a reasonable valuation.

Anyway, this is a KCB thread. Enjoy.
watesh
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:42:10 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

This morning demand for Equity stock is drying up...so far I have sold 60% of my holding at 52 - 53.50 after buying at 36...its currently overpriced past 50, relative to the other banking stocks.