772 Pages«<479480481482483>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
#9601 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 11:12:50 AM

Straight from the exchange bar.. Four new shares shall be offered for each share currently held by the minority shareholders, at a price of KES 1.8 per share.. Seems fair to me

Slowly by slowly @Obiero is coming to the conclusion that ksh.8.52 per share on 29th November is a mirage

Cough cough

@fyatu kuuliza si ujinga

Thanks man. Oigara's piece on KQ is quite encouraging. Waiting for final year results so as to make my mind whether KQ is a buy or not.
#9602 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 12:21:03 PM

http://kenyanwallstreet.com/joshua-oigara-for-kq-every-cloud-has-a-silver-lining

A good read @Ebenyo.. Thanks for the share

We have seen internationally recruited senior management put in place meaning that operationally, the airline is fixing some of the shortcomings that led it to the current challenges.

a confirmation that Africa’s solutions will only be resolved locally, by Africans.

#9603 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 2:44:16 PM

Straight from the exchange bar.. Four new shares shall be offered for each share currently held by the minority shareholders, at a price of KES 1.8 per share.. Seems fair to me

Slowly by slowly @Obiero is coming to the conclusion that ksh.8.52 per share on 29th November is a mirage

Cough cough

@fyatu kuuliza si ujinga

Thanks man. Oigara's piece on KQ is quite encouraging. Waiting for final year results so as to make my mind whether KQ is a buy or not.

Oigara needs to talk up KQ so that KCB can dump its shares [via KQLC] in KQ ASAP.
#9604 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 2:55:37 PM

Cough cough

@fyatu kuuliza si ujinga

Oigara needs to talk up KQ so that KCB can dump its shares [via KQLC] in KQ ASAP.

Who would blame such an idea.. Everyman for himself and God for us all.. By the way KQLC is up 68% upon restructuring and touched a high of 111% in gains

#9605 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 9:37:50 AM

Jambojet to Buy 4 Planes to Facilitate Expansion Plans

Jambojet, a low-cost brand of Kenya Airways, has announced plans to purchase four aircraft to facilitate its expansions locally and regionally.

Jambojet’s CEO, Willem Hondius said that two used Bombardier Q400 aircraft will be delivered in June and two other new ones in 2019. The CEO said this during Jambojet’s maiden international flight to Entebbe on February 15.

Additionally, he said the Kenyan government has already made applications for Jambojet to receive the rights to fly to Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, Ethiopia, Congo, and Tanzania.

http://kenyanwallstreet....cilitate-expansion-plans
Stiffler
#9606 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 10:24:22 AM

[quote=Ericsson]Jambojet to Buy 4 Planes to Facilitate Expansion Plans

Jambojet, a low-cost brand of Kenya Airways, has announced plans to purchase four aircraft to facilitate its expansions locally and regionally.

Jambojet’s CEO, Willem Hondius said that two used Bombardier Q400 aircraft will be delivered in June and two other new ones in 2019. The CEO said this during Jambojet’s maiden international flight to Entebbe on February 15.

Additionally, he said the Kenyan government has already made applications for Jambojet to receive the rights to fly to Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, Ethiopia, Congo, and Tanzania.

http://kenyanwallstreet....ilitate-expansion-plans[/quote]

I hope this helps the current Jambojet mess, especially for the Nairobi Mombasa route. Aside from the Early morning flights you are guaranteed to get a delay of at least an hour on that route, if you are unlucky to fly Jambojet. I think they are stretched too thin at the moment...
#9607 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 6:10:49 PM

Ngunze lands job at Safarilink Aviation [@Obiero - Your free upgrades are back!]

https://www.businessdail...33904-wfkc5mz/index.html
#9608 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 7:54:12 PM

Ngunze lands job at Safarilink Aviation [@Obiero - Your free upgrades are back!]

https://www.businessdail...3904-wfkc5mz/index.html

They were never cut off @vvs 😁
Meanwhile, congratulations to my long time friend Mbuvi Ngunze.. Class is permanent

#9609 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 10:11:14 PM

What sort of shareholding does the jamaa have in KQ?

[quote=VituVingiSana]Ngunze lands job at Safarilink Aviation [@Obiero - Your free upgrades are back!]

https://www.businessdail...3904-wfkc5mz/index.html[/quote]
#9610 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 10:47:32 PM

Meanwhile, congratulations to my long time friend Mbuvi Ngunze.. Class is permanent

Class and reputation are inseparably relative.
ArrestedDev
#9611 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2018 6:15:14 AM

This is just as a board chair . Naikuni on the Airtel/ RVR board. Experts in facilitating registration of shell companies to avoid tax/steal/ used as conduits to win contracts from the government. The masters they were serving are in government.

#9612 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2018 6:47:55 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:

This is just as a board chair . Naikuni on the Airtel/ RVR board. Experts in facilitating registration of shell companies to avoid tax/steal/ used as conduits to win contracts from the government. The masters they were serving are in government.

There's nothing wrong in being connected. Ngunze has done no wrong.. While at it I would be interested in finding out which alleged governmental control is held over Safarilink

ArrestedDev
#9613 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2018 8:17:48 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:

There's nothing wrong in being connected. Ngunze has done no wrong.. While at it I would be interested in finding out which alleged governmental control is held over Safarilink

Ngunze and Co. mismanaged KQ.

I am not going to argue with you about it.

Not referring to any gov't control in Safarilink. His connection with the masters in Gov't makes him sought after.

Serious individuals with the knowledge/ details of the bad governance he oversaw in KQ won't give him any managerial position.

As a board chair of safarilink, he will not be able to exercise any executive powers. Whatever he put forward as the Chairman will be vetted before implementation.
#9614 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:16:18 AM

Fair value of sh.12.50 about to be breached
#9615 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:29:21 AM

I'd be making fun of @Obiero if my only GoK investment (KenRe) wasn't going to be screwed over...

Sigh, I should have stuck with the quality private sector listings like KK which has risen 25% over the past 18 months. Even loaded up on more Unga. Or Safaricom. Even KCB! [Or more Equity]

So @Obiero, learn from my mistakes, and even though Joseph/Mikosz are good people, those who can fire them are not. Once KQ is on its feet, Mikosz will be fired coz he is a "foreigner" and Joseph will be hounded out coz he is a mzungu who brought in another mzungu to run the "national" airline.

KQ is not being run for Kenyans but a few crooks.
#9616 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:37:15 AM

I'd be making fun of @Obiero if my only GoK investment (KenRe) wasn't going to be screwed over...

Sigh, I should have stuck with the quality private sector listings like KK which has risen 25% over the past 18 months. Even loaded up on more Unga. Or Safaricom. Even KCB! [Or more Equity]

So @Obiero, learn from my mistakes, and even though Joseph/Mikosz are good people, those who can fire them are not. Once KQ is on its feet, Mikosz will be fired coz he is a "foreigner" and Joseph will be hounded out coz he is a mzungu who brought in another mzungu to run the "national" airline.

Gosh you are now talking about KCB yet you have been a hater
#9617 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:49:26 AM

"Even KCB" [vs KenRe] but I would choose Equity over KCB. My gut feeling on KCB is to be cautious.
#9618 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:43:30 AM

"Even KCB" [vs KenRe] but I would choose Equity over KCB. My gut feeling on KCB is to be cautious.

Caution in excess leads to poverty.. Risk should be rewarded. For KQ KES 12.5 has always been fair value and serious people have the chance of a lifetime to purchase a quality share. The lack of volumes shows KES 21 remains the psychological ceiling but now that it's down close to the restructuring price, then the Open Offer has to be dirt cheap to enable success. All said and done, it's not the average man stock pick.

#9619 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:03:17 PM

Caution in excess leads to poverty.. Risk should be rewarded. For KQ KES 12.5 has always been fair value and serious people have the chance of a lifetime to purchase a quality share. The lack of volumes shows KES 21 remains the psychological ceiling but now that it's down close to the restructuring price, then the Open Offer has to be dirt cheap to enable success. All said and done, it's not the average man stock pick.

It's about market timing ...Other observations is simply salamander noise in a big river. I urge all speculators, traders and investors to be cautious about dubious noise makers masquerading as stock analysts while themselves are serially in the red.
#9620 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:48:57 PM

It's about market timing ...Other observations is simply salamander noise in a big river. I urge all speculators, traders and investors to be cautious about dubious noise makers masquerading as stock analysts while themselves are serially in the red.

Dear daughter what's wrong with the color red. That's your mum's favorite color. Inaonekana hapa ni lazima nitukane hutu tu late comers, ndio wajulikane. Pole lakini sikuchukii, nakudharau!