wazua Sun, Dec 16, 2018
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Uchumi HY 2018, the disaster
hardwood
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:07:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/28/2015
Posts: 7,901
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Carrefour-revenue-hits-Sh8bn-in-2-years-/539546-4329828-yv568wz/index.html

Majid Al Futtaim, the exclusive holder of French retailer Carrefour’s franchise in Kenya, last year recorded Sh8.2 billion in sales from its local business riding on accelerated expansion of the supermarket chain.


How I wish that such cash was being made by indigenous Kenyan companies and remained in the country instead of the cash being "deported" to dubai and paris?
Wororo
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:18:27 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/30/2011
Posts: 199
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Carrefour-revenue-hits-Sh8bn-in-2-years-/539546-4329828-yv568wz/index.html

Majid Al Futtaim, the exclusive holder of French retailer Carrefour’s franchise in Kenya, last year recorded Sh8.2 billion in sales from its local business riding on accelerated expansion of the supermarket chain.


I believe that's just a tip of the iceberg as still some branches like TRM are operating as mere convenience stores - as they carry out a major revamp of the ground-floor premises while others like Sarit centre are yet to be opened...

And the Shoprite which is a discount store is planning to open several stores within Nairobi...

It might be tough times for the likes of Tuskys & Naivas going forward...

Quite sad for local investors
sparkly
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:20:15 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,499
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
hardwood wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Carrefour-revenue-hits-Sh8bn-in-2-years-/539546-4329828-yv568wz/index.html

Majid Al Futtaim, the exclusive holder of French retailer Carrefour’s franchise in Kenya, last year recorded Sh8.2 billion in sales from its local business riding on accelerated expansion of the supermarket chain.


How I wish that such cash was being made by indigenous Kenyan companies and remained in the country instead of the cash being "deported" to dubai and paris?

Life is short. Live passionately.
kiash
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 8:53:45 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/27/2010
Posts: 951
Location: Nyumbani
sparkly wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Carrefour-revenue-hits-Sh8bn-in-2-years-/539546-4329828-yv568wz/index.html

Majid Al Futtaim, the exclusive holder of French retailer Carrefour’s franchise in Kenya, last year recorded Sh8.2 billion in sales from its local business riding on accelerated expansion of the supermarket chain.


How I wish that such cash was being made by indigenous Kenyan companies and remained in the country instead of the cash being "deported" to dubai and paris?



At the moment Carrefour is planning to close those local supermarkets found in town centers and residential areas.They had bought the stores and refurbished them into carrefour markets but seems to be the end to some of them. Maybe they have seen big money elsewhere. Labda Kenya where they are sure to make a kill.
obiero
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 8:57:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
kiash wrote:
sparkly wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Carrefour-revenue-hits-Sh8bn-in-2-years-/539546-4329828-yv568wz/index.html

Majid Al Futtaim, the exclusive holder of French retailer Carrefour’s franchise in Kenya, last year recorded Sh8.2 billion in sales from its local business riding on accelerated expansion of the supermarket chain.


How I wish that such cash was being made by indigenous Kenyan companies and remained in the country instead of the cash being "deported" to dubai and paris?



At the moment Carrefour is planning to close those local supermarkets found in town centers and residential areas.They had bought the stores and refurbished them into carrefour markets but seems to be the end to some of them. Maybe they have seen big money elsewhere. Labda Kenya where they are sure to make a kill.

Hii post sijaelewa
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Wororo
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 3:24:10 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/30/2011
Posts: 199
obiero
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 6:04:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi

That brand has been irreparably damaged. No coming back. Adios. Cheerio. Au revior. Goodbye. Kwaheri. Oriti
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Ericsson
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:08:36 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
Uchumi supermarket workers down tools to protest non-payment of their salaries for two months
sparkly
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 5:31:22 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,499
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket workers down tools to protest non-payment of their salaries for two months


Kenyans are funny, ati down tools instead of taking the tools elsewhere...
Life is short. Live passionately.
winmak
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:14:17 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 390
Location: Nakuru
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket workers down tools to protest non-payment of their salaries for two months


Kenyans are funny, ati down tools instead of taking the tools elsewhere...


This 'elsewhere' is not easy to come by during these tough times
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Stiffler
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 9:37:45 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/7/2017
Posts: 181
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket workers down tools to protest non-payment of their salaries for two months


Kenyans are funny, ati down tools instead of taking the tools elsewhere...


Not everyone has the luxury of choices/options
VituVingiSana
#32 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:01:00 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
Auctioneers storm Uchumi outlet in Kisumu
https://www.businessdail...349954-4firjb/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 10:27:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c
Ericsson
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 4:44:11 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
obiero
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:12:57 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
KaunganaDoDo
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:03:44 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 105
Ericsson
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:47:50 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
KaunganaDoDo
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:01:50 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 105


https://www.businessdail...94742-p5ityt/index.html[/quote]

This was a day for stock optimization...Dont believe every headlines...Some headlines are meant to cause positions for shorting securities ....Visit the Aga Khan walk and confirm yourself Msenangu....
Pesa Nane
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:07:40 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c


Passed by Uchumi Buruburu few days ago and it's doors were open but only dust on the shelves and idle staff. Easy coach desk that squats within the branch still operating. I keep wondering why continue to pay rent and salaries while selling nothing d'oh! d'oh!
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
KaunganaDoDo
#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:15:19 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 105
Pesa Nane wrote:


Passed by Uchumi Buruburu few days ago and it's doors were open but only dust on the shelves and idle staff. Easy coach desk that squats within the branch still operating. I keep wondering why continue to pay rent and salaries while selling nothing d'oh! d'oh!


They are finalizing their deal with strategic investors....Still working on Conditions Precedent to satisfy the investor. They requiree aditional money almost 300M-500M(Which they expect to get from their langata 3.7 acre sale).....
Users browsing this topic
Guest
5 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.