wazua Sun, Dec 16, 2018
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What to do with my chama's 2M?
Multipod
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:06:59 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Hi Wazua

So members in my chama have been faithfully contributing monthly and we currently have about 2M to invest. We're open to investing in anything and have the advantage of age and few obligations.

What would you advise us to invest in?
watesh
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:34:38 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 694
Location: Kenya
How long term can the investment be in terms of years?
deadpoet
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:44:01 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/27/2006
Posts: 401
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.
Multipod
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:50:09 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
watesh wrote:
How long term can the investment be in terms of years?


I would say over 5-10 years.
Chaka
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:53:24 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,014
So, where have you "parked" the cash as you wait to invest it?
Multipod wrote:
Hi Wazua
So members in my chama have been faithfully contributing monthly and we currently have about 2M to invest. We're open to investing in anything and have the advantage of age and few obligations.

What would you advise us to invest in?

Multipod
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:54:13 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.


This is very interesting. I have never considered this. Are there any other Middle Eastern countries that are good to trade with? Aside from UAE.
Multipod
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 10:56:38 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Chaka wrote:
So, where have you "parked" the cash as you wait to invest it?
Multipod wrote:
Hi Wazua
So members in my chama have been faithfully contributing monthly and we currently have about 2M to invest. We're open to investing in anything and have the advantage of age and few obligations.

What would you advise us to invest in?



We parked it in a money market fund. Well, half of it. The rest we're considering trading it in shares.
deadpoet
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 11:10:18 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/27/2006
Posts: 401
Multipod wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.


This is very interesting. I have never considered this. Are there any other Middle Eastern countries that are good to trade with? Aside from UAE.


I can't say for certain, but because those countries are all deserts, its a given they import everything they need/want. The Kingdom, UAE, Qatar and the like are all economic powerhouses to boot.
Chaka
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 11:21:27 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,014
I am thinking that exporting goats and sheep for e,g during the haj may work..?Also wondering how one may know what's currently exported from Mombasa as that may give an idea where to start..
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.

Multipod
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 11:42:26 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Chaka wrote:
I am thinking that exporting goats and sheep for e,g during the haj may work..?Also wondering how one may know what's currently exported from Mombasa as that may give an idea where to start..
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.



I'm thinking of all the paperwork involved in exporting livestock. Also, is that done from Mombasa port? I'm sure it's cheaper to do this from Somalia.
Kili
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 1:06:42 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/10/2015
Posts: 99
Multipod wrote:
Chaka wrote:
I am thinking that exporting goats and sheep for e,g during the haj may work..?Also wondering how one may know what's currently exported from Mombasa as that may give an idea where to start..
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.



I'm thinking of all the paperwork involved in exporting livestock. Also, is that done from Mombasa port? I'm sure it's cheaper to do this from Somalia.

I import livestock frequently & the process is very simple/fast.So is exporting.Permits are now approved online
Multipod
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 1:22:07 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Kili wrote:
Multipod wrote:
Chaka wrote:
I am thinking that exporting goats and sheep for e,g during the haj may work..?Also wondering how one may know what's currently exported from Mombasa as that may give an idea where to start..
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.



I'm thinking of all the paperwork involved in exporting livestock. Also, is that done from Mombasa port? I'm sure it's cheaper to do this from Somalia.

I import livestock frequently & the process is very simple/fast.So is exporting.Permits are now approved online


Do you run a ranch? Or are you sourcing from farmers in the region. I hear some shipping companies only have export permits for certain ranches.
Kili
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 2:38:43 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/10/2015
Posts: 99
I do it to upgrade my gene pool.What you are talking about is freighting.I was alluding to getting permits from the office of the director of veterinary services (DVS) Kabete
sparkly
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 5:46:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 6,498
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Multipod wrote:
Chaka wrote:
So, where have you "parked" the cash as you wait to invest it?
Multipod wrote:
Hi Wazua
So members in my chama have been faithfully contributing monthly and we currently have about 2M to invest. We're open to investing in anything and have the advantage of age and few obligations.

What would you advise us to invest in?



We parked it in a money market fund. Well, half of it. The rest we're considering trading it in shares.


Send me your email to 0708733938. I will share some material for your consideration.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 7:43:57 PM
Rank: User


Joined: 8/15/2013
Posts: 12,713
Location: Vacuum
Pesa ni pesa.

If your chama members are not too judgemental,buy three Samantha's at 700K each.

A Samantha in kilimani,kileleshwa will fetch you 5K each on a bad day remove 2K for operational costs na ufanye hesabu.

#pesanipesa#
Poverty is the root of all evil
Multipod
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:42:51 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Swenani wrote:
Pesa ni pesa.

If your chama members are not too judgemental,buy three Samantha's at 700K each.

A Samantha in kilimani,kileleshwa will fetch you 5K each on a bad day remove 2K for operational costs na ufanye hesabu.

#pesanipesa#


Banange! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Multipod
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 8:49:10 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/25/2015
Posts: 36
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
sparkly wrote:
Multipod wrote:
Chaka wrote:
So, where have you "parked" the cash as you wait to invest it?
Multipod wrote:
Hi Wazua
So members in my chama have been faithfully contributing monthly and we currently have about 2M to invest. We're open to investing in anything and have the advantage of age and few obligations.

What would you advise us to invest in?



We parked it in a money market fund. Well, half of it. The rest we're considering trading it in shares.


Send me your email to 0708733938. I will share some material for your consideration.


Will do.
Mukiri
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 4:06:31 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/11/2012
Posts: 5,198
Kili wrote:
Multipod wrote:
Chaka wrote:
I am thinking that exporting goats and sheep for e,g during the haj may work..?Also wondering how one may know what's currently exported from Mombasa as that may give an idea where to start..
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.



I'm thinking of all the paperwork involved in exporting livestock. Also, is that done from Mombasa port? I'm sure it's cheaper to do this from Somalia.

I import livestock frequently & the process is very simple/fast.So is exporting.Permits are now approved online

Could I trouble you for a dairy sheep or two? Or advice of what the import process entails

Proverbs 19:21
deadpoet
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 10:44:57 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/27/2006
Posts: 401
deadpoet wrote:
Multipod wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
I was reading about this story the other day and mulling over its implications:

http://invest.go.ke/sixt...es-weekly-mombasa-line/

Perhaps you or a member of your chama could use 5% of the funds you've accumulated to fly to Saudi Arabia and identify products to export there? Could be something as simple as crisps.


This is very interesting. I have never considered this. Are there any other Middle Eastern countries that are good to trade with? Aside from UAE.


I can't say for certain, but because those countries are all deserts, its a given they import everything they need/want. The Kingdom, UAE, Qatar and the like are all economic powerhouses to boot.


Hey Multipod, what did you opt for several months down the line?

In case you still find exports interesting, in the intervening months I've found that the Exports Promotion Council (EPC) can be quite helpful. Here's their twitter handle: https://twitter.com/ExportsKenya

Also, some interesting trade stats can be found here: http://kenyatradeportal.go.ke/statistics

Let us wazuans know how you're getting on.
MugundaMan
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:10:11 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 1,000
Location: Future Dustbowl Citizen
Dunia kuna mambo
Multipod I hope you listed to none of the advice above about exporting and importing goats and the like!
Jamaneni this is how nightmares begin. If you did listen to them I already know you got burned, sindio?
Why would you engage in risky ventures in which your chama prolly has zero experience in?
Do the right thing and invest in safe and sure assets and those do not include the ones found in the Casino (NSE)!
Shalom
"The best investment on earth is earth" **Target 1000**
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.