Unga limited takeover
VituVingiSana
#161 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:09:03 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
tandich wrote:
Comparatively big volumes moving in the past few days. I wonder what is afoot.

It is Seaboard executing the Greater Fool Theory in perfection. Watch this share very closely over the next seven trading days

may be willing sellers selling to seaboard

Hopefully it will end well but it's looking more and more unlikely

Day 2 of the 7 day exchange bar window and I can tell you that more blood shall ooze on this corner of the NSE streets http://live.mystocks.co.ke/m/stock=UNGA

I think @Obiero worries more about Unga than I do! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Folks (Minorities) will be fine if the status quo is maintained.
Seaboard has made it official re: takeover and it makes sense to look at similar businesses in Kenya and the region as comparables. I believe Unga will be valued at more than 40/- by an independent valuer/advisor.

1H 2017-18 results are due. Last year they were dated 23 Feb 2017 and published the next day.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kawi254
#162 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 11:57:16 PM

Turns out GoK hasn't yet paid millers for the subsidised 'Unga' -> State yet to pay millers billions for subsidised flour

Does this mean Unga's recently recently released super profits are understated or overstated?
VituVingiSana
#163 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 1:24:43 AM

kawi254 wrote:
Turns out GoK hasn't yet paid millers for the subsidised 'Unga' -> State yet to pay millers billions for subsidised flour

Does this mean Unga's recently recently released super profits are understated or overstated?

It's a tough one.

KRA insists that "profits" are booked even if a payment has not been made i.e. Unga cannot write-off/provide, for tax purposes, unpaid amounts until significant efforts are made to recover the debt.
Ask KK or Total about the futility of suing GoK.
CMA went to Finance/Agriculture/NCPB to pay up BUT #ThisIsKenya mta-do?

From a (taxable) profit perspective - Super profits
From a cashflow perspective - overstated

Of course, if GoK pays up soon [Liar Liar Liar ] then it's all good.

Banks also face this dilemma with construction firms with GoK contracts.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#164 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 1:46:56 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

It's a tough one.

KRA insists that "profits" are booked even if a payment has not been made i.e. Unga cannot write-off/provide, for tax purposes, unpaid amounts until significant efforts are made to recover the debt.

No problem.Gok is waiting for eurobond 2 cash to clear all outstanding payments.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#165 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 2:40:05 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

It's a tough one.

No problem.Gok is waiting for eurobond 2 cash to clear all outstanding payments.
Eurobond 2 cash was targeted to repay earlier loans and KPLC. Plus some tenderpreneurs.

Unga is expanding its wheat milling business so maize milling is a sideline. Maize milling in Kenya is untenable coz of the politics. The major benefit of maize milling is the by-product used to make animal feeds.
VituVingiSana
#166 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:38:11 AM

Good news for Unga
https://www.businessdail...38864-tmka0j/index.html
The availability of quality maize at reasonable prices benefits both the human and animal nutrition divisions of Unga.
VituVingiSana
#167 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:59:32 AM

Unga prices set to fall below Sh100 on cheap Uganda grain
https://www.businessdail...8598-lm8o6kz/index.html

Good news for Unga as the cost of inputs drop on cheaper grain.
The retail price of flour will also drop but margins may be better. Plus Unga benefits from the "waste" for its animal feeds business.
Pesa Nane
#168 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 11:02:53 AM

Quote:
CBA Capital Limited is the appointed Transaction Advisor and Sponsoring Brokers for Seaboard Corporation (acting in concert with Victus Limited) for the acquisition of 34,939,396 ordinary shares (46.15%) of Unga Group Plc being all the shares not already held by Seaboard and Victus at the Offer Price of KES 40 per share.

The Offer is made by Seaboard Corporation a global food, energy and transportation Fortune 500 company.

As a shareholder of Unga Group Plc (“Unga”), CBA Capital Limited wishes to inform you that Seaboard has received regulatory approval from the Capital Market’s Authority to proceed with the proposed takeover of Unga (the “Offer”). The Offer period opened on 30 May 2018 and is scheduled to close on 13 June 2018.

In the next couple of days, you will receive an information pack comprising (i) the Offer Document prepared by Seaboard and (ii) the Shareholder’s Circular prepared by Unga for review as you make your decision to take up the Seaboard Offer.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
mlennyma
#169 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:05:59 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:
CBA Capital Limited is the appointed Transaction Advisor and Sponsoring Brokers for Seaboard Corporation (acting in concert with Victus Limited) for the acquisition of 34,939,396 ordinary shares (46.15%) of Unga Group Plc being all the shares not already held by Seaboard and Victus at the Offer Price of KES 40 per share.

The Offer is made by Seaboard Corporation a global food, energy and transportation Fortune 500 company.

As a shareholder of Unga Group Plc (“Unga”), CBA Capital Limited wishes to inform you that Seaboard has received regulatory approval from the Capital Market’s Authority to proceed with the proposed takeover of Unga (the “Offer”). The Offer period opened on 30 May 2018 and is scheduled to close on 13 June 2018.

In the next couple of days, you will receive an information pack comprising (i) the Offer Document prepared by Seaboard and (ii) the Shareholder’s Circular prepared by Unga for review as you make your decision to take up the Seaboard Offer.

So why would any Tom buy at 40 or even 39 from the market?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#170 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:10:40 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:

Closing price on Friday was 39.75.
Basically the retail shareholders have been conned.

Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
muandiwambeu
#171 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:19:36 PM

Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:

Closing price on Friday was 39.75.
Basically the retail shareholders have been conned.

So that they can be bought out at 40/= by seabunny. Equite being bought here with being married and you have some sense why being bought is a clever idea.aApplause
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Sir invest
#172 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:20:50 PM

CMAs must have been bribed to allow this takeover!!!!
RIEK01
#173 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 1:13:40 PM

https://www.cma.or.ke/in...mp;id=14&Itemid=188

See who is chairman of the CMA. I think the small share holders should contest to ensure that the minimum payoff is book valuation based on the last financials ( after revaluation of the assets). I think with alot of NOISE the price can be improved, otherwise, a RESISTS from Unga products can make Sea Board get serious on the matter.
Ebenyo
#174 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 4:54:13 PM

RIEK01 wrote:
https://www.cma.or.ke/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=188

See who is chairman of the CMA. I think the small share holders should contest to ensure that the minimum payoff is book valuation based on the last financials ( after revaluation of the assets). I think with alot of NOISE the price can be improved, otherwise, a RESISTS from Unga products can make Sea Board get serious on the matter.

The report on Unga valuation which was ordered by CMA should be made public too.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Angelica _ann
#175 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 5:09:09 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
https://www.cma.or.ke/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=188

The report on Unga valuation which was ordered by CMA should be made public too.

Fighting a losing battle, chukueni pesa & move on smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#176 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 10:21:55 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:

Unga Group (not CMA) ordered the valuation report. Now we wait to see what it said! I wonder if an abridged or full version will be provided in the circular.
VyaBureSiachi
#177 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:30:32 AM

I just received an email from CBA on the takeover offer but I had sold my unga shares after the trading suspension had been lifted.
Am I entitled to the offer? @VVS please advise kunaenda aje.
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
VituVingiSana
#178 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:41:22 AM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
I just received an email from CBA on the takeover offer but I had sold my unga shares after the trading suspension had been lifted.

If you sold your shares then why would you expect to be paid again for the same shares?
obiero
#179 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:19:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:

If you sold your shares then why would you expect to be paid again for the same shares?

@vbs urgently submit the same to your broker for reconciliation of that communication to its new owner, being the one who bought your shares

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muandiwambeu
#180 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:21:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly unauliza VyaBureSiachi nini @vvs
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....