wazua Sun, Dec 16, 2018
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

National Bank Group 1Q17
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:57:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 5/25/2012
Posts: 3,938
Location: 08c

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
stock.enigma
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:59:42 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 242
I am used to results which shows comparatives with similar period a year before. These ones are really trench
Gatheuzi
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:57:01 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/16/2009
Posts: 968
Sooner or later, this one too may slide into loss making. This may be as early as this year.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse!
obiero
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:19:28 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
Gatheuzi wrote:
Sooner or later, this one too may slide into loss making. This may be as early as this year.

To imagine this nyani once stood tall at KES 71 per share, just a few years ago
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
stock.enigma
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:37:48 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 242
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Sooner or later, this one too may slide into loss making. This may be as early as this year.

To imagine this nyani once stood tall at KES 71 per share, just a few years ago


I remember had this share and sold at KES 50 around yr 2007
Ericsson
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 8:01:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
The sh.3bn loan given to NBK by NSSF;it will be hard for NBK to repay based on it's weak business and statutory ratios
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 9:50:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
The National Bank of Kenya (NBK) won the Sh 2.1 Billion contract on digitalisation of the driving licences

http://kenyanwallstreet....s-smart-driving-licences
Ericsson
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:37:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
KulaRaha
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:56:42 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/26/2007
Posts: 6,357
Overdue for sale. Kept alive for corruption reasons only.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Ericsson
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 9:09:55 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
National Bank Kenya Considering Branch Closures to Cut Costs

National Bank of Kenya Ltd., which has the biggest bad-loan book in the Kenyan banking industry, is considering closing some of its 85 branches to cut costs, Chief Executive Officer Wilfred Musau said.


Lenders in East Africa’s biggest economy are being forced to lower expenses after a government-imposed cap on commercial lending rates impaired their ability to provide loans and as consumers embrace digital banking, including Safaricom Ltd.’s M-Pesa platform. Banks have closed at least 39 branches and cut 1,620 jobs since the caps were announced in August 2016, according to Cytonn Investment Management Ltd., a Nairobi-based money manager.

NBK will make a decision early in the second quarter on the number of outlets it will shut, Musau said Monday in an emailed response to questions.

“This is a decision based on the strategic positioning and profitability of a branch,” Musau said. The lender cut 150 jobs last month.

NBK, in which the Kenyan Treasury and the state-run National Social Security Fund own a 64 percent stake, had the worst non-performing loan book in Kenya in the third quarter at 44 percent of total loans, according to Cytonn. Co-Operative Bank of Kenya Ltd., the third-biggest Kenyan bank by market value, has the lowest ratio at 6.4 percent.

NBK shares have dropped 12 percent this year, under-performing the Nairobi Securities Exchange All Share Index, which has risen 5.9 percent over the same period.
slick
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 6:11:18 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/1/2017
Posts: 20
Ericsson wrote:
National Bank Kenya Considering Branch Closures to Cut Costs

National Bank of Kenya Ltd., which has the biggest bad-loan book in the Kenyan banking industry, is considering closing some of its 85 branches to cut costs, Chief Executive Officer Wilfred Musau said.


Lenders in East Africa’s biggest economy are being forced to lower expenses after a government-imposed cap on commercial lending rates impaired their ability to provide loans and as consumers embrace digital banking, including Safaricom Ltd.’s M-Pesa platform. Banks have closed at least 39 branches and cut 1,620 jobs since the caps were announced in August 2016, according to Cytonn Investment Management Ltd., a Nairobi-based money manager.

NBK will make a decision early in the second quarter on the number of outlets it will shut, Musau said Monday in an emailed response to questions.

“This is a decision based on the strategic positioning and profitability of a branch,” Musau said. The lender cut 150 jobs last month.

NBK, in which the Kenyan Treasury and the state-run National Social Security Fund own a 64 percent stake, had the worst non-performing loan book in Kenya in the third quarter at 44 percent of total loans, according to Cytonn. Co-Operative Bank of Kenya Ltd., the third-biggest Kenyan bank by market value, has the lowest ratio at 6.4 percent.

NBK shares have dropped 12 percent this year, under-performing the Nairobi Securities Exchange All Share Index, which has risen 5.9 percent over the same period.


As usual they will blame interest rate caps for their woes yet in reality its a corrupt management with bogus insider loans that have resulted in high NPLs that are really the problem
obiero
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2018 7:19:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
slick wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
National Bank Kenya Considering Branch Closures to Cut Costs

National Bank of Kenya Ltd., which has the biggest bad-loan book in the Kenyan banking industry, is considering closing some of its 85 branches to cut costs, Chief Executive Officer Wilfred Musau said.


Lenders in East Africa’s biggest economy are being forced to lower expenses after a government-imposed cap on commercial lending rates impaired their ability to provide loans and as consumers embrace digital banking, including Safaricom Ltd.’s M-Pesa platform. Banks have closed at least 39 branches and cut 1,620 jobs since the caps were announced in August 2016, according to Cytonn Investment Management Ltd., a Nairobi-based money manager.

NBK will make a decision early in the second quarter on the number of outlets it will shut, Musau said Monday in an emailed response to questions.

“This is a decision based on the strategic positioning and profitability of a branch,” Musau said. The lender cut 150 jobs last month.

NBK, in which the Kenyan Treasury and the state-run National Social Security Fund own a 64 percent stake, had the worst non-performing loan book in Kenya in the third quarter at 44 percent of total loans, according to Cytonn. Co-Operative Bank of Kenya Ltd., the third-biggest Kenyan bank by market value, has the lowest ratio at 6.4 percent.

NBK shares have dropped 12 percent this year, under-performing the Nairobi Securities Exchange All Share Index, which has risen 5.9 percent over the same period.


As usual they will blame interest rate caps for their woes yet in reality its a corrupt management with bogus insider loans that have resulted in high NPLs that are really the problem

They need to retrace their steps and Musau is the best man for the job
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Ericsson
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2018 11:03:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
http://kenyanwallstreet....ches-across-the-country

According to reports reaching us from reliable sources, National Bank of Kenya (NBK) is planning to close no fewer than ten of its branches in the coming weeks. This exercise, expected to be completed in the second quarter will lead to undisclosed number of job losses in addition to the recent early retirement exercise which targeted 150 employees aged above 35.
Angelica _ann
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:43:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 9,708
https://www.businessdail...340510-l3ysve/index.html
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:32:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/National-Bank-boss-in-staff-sexual-assault-case/4003102-4340510-l3ysve/index.html

Sad if true. Kicking of the landing area, punching of the holding grounds.. Sad
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Ericsson
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:33:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
Wonders never cease to amaze at this bank
Metch
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:10:26 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/22/2015
Posts: 133
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Ericsson wrote:
Wonders never cease to amaze at this bank


The unfolding tale of national bank is one painful soap opera to watch. now in its Nth season...
Start!
VituVingiSana
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:20:41 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
Another successful GoK controlled firm. #Sarcastica
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:33:04 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
Yikes!
https://www.businessdail...340510-l3ysve/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:22:02 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi

Mzee bwana. This thing was shared here yesterday!!! But guess the details are forever shocking
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.