wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Faiba Mi-Fi dongle losing customized settings
Alfylavie
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 4:30:54 PM

I bought the 4G Mi-Fi hotspot but when I change my wifi name and password then save/apply settings, it goes back to default settings after restarting the device... Any else who has encountered this and what's the solution?
Making money never gets boring
Stiffler
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:18:55 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
I bought the 4G Mi-Fi hotspot but when I change my wifi name and password then save/apply settings, it goes back to default settings after restarting the device... Any else who has encountered this and what's the solution?

I have had mine for almost two months now. The device only reset itself once in the said period
Mukiri
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:19:17 PM

Any unlimited offer?

Proverbs 19:21
Alfylavie
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 9:41:33 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Any unlimited offer?

150/= for 1hr unlimited at a speed of 10mbps
They only accept m-pesa mode of payment when buying data which is a screaming irony considering saf being their biggest competitor.
Stiffler
#5 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 5:57:26 AM

Alfylavie wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Any unlimited offer?

150/= for 1hr unlimited at a speed of 10mbps
They only accept m-pesa mode of payment when buying data which is a screaming irony considering saf being their biggest competitor.

Also found that to be weird. Relying on your competitor for payment solutions
Alfylavie
#6 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 2:57:31 PM

Stiffler wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

I have had mine for almost two months now. The device only reset itself once in the said period

It happens when you switch off the device completely by holding the power switch for 3 seconds.. am now forced to keep it on throughout even when not in use. I contacted them and their response was they're still working on it
holycow
#7 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 6:24:20 PM

They can send you updated firmware. Contact them through Twitter they will email the software.
I bought the Mifi immediately Faiba launched, mine has no software issue but the charger failed within a month.
Alfylavie
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:14:22 PM

holycow wrote:
They can send you updated firmware. Contact them through Twitter they will email the software.
I bought the Mifi immediately Faiba launched, mine has no software issue but the charger failed within a month.

I took it to their Head office in upper hill and it was rectified but something caught my eye.. I found their technical team using a Faiba branded ZTE dongle which is much good-looking. I asked them if I could get one of those but they said no coz they're planning to launch it soon.. So it seems like mango-technologies Dongle is gonna be replaced by ZTE much faster than we thought.
Wororo
#9 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 8:23:10 AM

Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

I took it to their Head office in upper hill and it was rectified but something caught my eye.. I found their technical team using a Faiba branded ZTE dongle which is much good-looking. I asked them if I could get one of those but they said no coz they're planning to launch it soon.. So it seems like mango-technologies Dongle is gonna be replaced by ZTE much faster than we thought.

I always believe it's way cheaper just importing a proper unlocked mifi or router that one can swap SIM cards depending on the network coverage/strength, budgets/offers etc - instead of buying multiple locked routers/mifi's severally ...
KulaRaha
#10 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 8:37:27 AM

Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

I always believe it's way cheaper just importing a proper unlocked mifi or router that one can swap SIM cards depending on the network coverage/strength, budgets/offers etc - instead of buying multiple locked routers/mifi's severally ...

Agreed. Any specs that we need to look out for?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Stiffler
#11 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 9:52:44 AM

Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

Stiffler
#12 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 9:56:17 AM

Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

Any specific recommendations. Been looking for one, but didnt see any that matched the Faiba dongle price offering..
Wororo
#13 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 10:09:56 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

The most important feature is carrier aggregation. Safcom uses 800mhz and 1800mhz for it's 4G network. 800 is for wide coverage but the 1800mhz is to boost capacity hence ensure or increase speeds during peak times

Netgear 801s 4GX is a co...it from several sources Netgear 810s and it has to be 4GX variant/model to be Faiba compliant. The price varies depending on the seller etc

Source 1

https://www.4gltemall.com/netgear-aircard-ac810s-4g-lte-cat11-mobile-hotspot.html

Source 3

Source 4
Alfylavie
#14 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 10:41:03 PM

Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

The most important feature is carrier aggregation. Safcom uses 800mhz and 1800mhz for it's 4G network. 800 is for wide coverage but the 1800mhz is to boost capacity hence ensure or increase speeds during peak times

Netgear 801s 4GX is a co...it from several sources Netgear 810s and it has to be 4GX variant/model to be Faiba compliant. The price varies depending on the seller etc

Source 1

https://www.4gltemall.com/netgear-aircard-ac810s-4g-lte-cat11-mobile-hotspot.html

Source 3

Source 4

Is Netgear available in local market
Wororo
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:18:14 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

Source 1

Source 3

Source 4

Yes. Did some investigation after you enquired and managed to find Data Guard Ltd ( and Shop It) but they mainly stock Netgear devices for corporates not individuals...
Alfylavie
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 11:12:24 PM

Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

Source 1

Source 3

Source 4

Yes. Did some investigation after you enquired and managed to find Data Guard Ltd ( and Shop It) but they mainly stock Netgear devices for corporates not individuals...

Thanks for the info I'll pay them a visit
Stiffler
#17 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 5:46:11 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
Wororo wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Wororo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
holycow wrote:

Source 1

Source 3

Source 4

Thanks for the info I'll pay them a visit

Did you pay them a visit. Anything interesting that came off it ....
Alfylavie
#18 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 6:55:20 PM

Here's the new Faiba ZTE Dongle to be launched

Stiffler
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:09:17 AM

Alfylavie wrote:

I hope that one can atleast show you the actual battery status and network strength, unlike the bricks we have now
Alfylavie
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 2:06:31 AM

Stiffler wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

I hope that one can atleast show you the actual battery status and network strength, unlike the bricks we have now

I hope so too coz currently the only way to get actual network strength you have to log-in in its web-based utility which is a bit involving