Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#9561 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:38:06 PM

Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...05880-bea0jjz/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#9562 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:16:34 PM

obiero wrote:
Four months deep after the restructuring finalization and still no sight of the Open Offer circular.. Knowing Mr 10% and his Mobitelea exploits, you can bet your wife and first born child that a racket is being organized

Who is this Mr 10% you speak of?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Spikes
#9563 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:21:37 PM

[quote=obiero]Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...5880-bea0jjz/index.html[/quote]

Nothing tangible to brag about in the short run. Traders and speculators are susceptible to restructuring shocks most likely to erode their hardly earned capital. Watch out this space.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#9564 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:10:22 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Four months deep after the restructuring finalization and still no sight of the Open Offer circular.. Knowing Mr 10% and his Mobitelea exploits, you can bet your wife and first born child that a racket is being organized

The one and only

VituVingiSana
#9565 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:17:36 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

The one and only

I gotta admit... I have no idea. Biwott has died. Moi is still around but I doubt he in the picture.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#9566 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:58:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

The one and only @karasinga

I gotta admit... I have no idea. Biwott has died. Moi is still around but I doubt he in the picture.

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#9567 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:01:12 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Damn! Is there any pie he doesn't have his fingers in?
A strong and profitable KQ is necessary for Kenya since we need to bring in tourists and export flowers/horticultural products. It's a golden goose that should be well fed and nurtured.
[BTW, no, I am not saying you buy KQ shares at 16/-]
obiero
#9568 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 3:50:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

A strong and profitable KQ is necessary for Kenya since we need to bring in tourists and export flowers/horticultural products. It's a golden goose that should be well fed and nurtured.

By the way, there's no minority shareholder who believes KQ is worth less than KES 27.. See the volume action https://live.mystocks.co.ke/m/stock=KQ

VituVingiSana
#9569 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 4:13:22 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

By the way, there's no minority shareholder who believes KQ is worth less than KES 27.. See the volume action https://live.mystocks.co.ke/m/stock=KQ

So are there "majority" [significant] shareholders who think KQ is worth less than 27?
obiero
#9570 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 6:26:34 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

So are there "majority" [significant] shareholders who think KQ is worth less than 27?

The majority shareholders paid KES 8.52 but they were never meant to be traders so the free float exchange shall always be driven via minority shareholders trade activities

obiero
#9571 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 10:05:47 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Nothing tangible to brag about in the short run. Traders and speculators are susceptible to restructuring shocks most likely to erode their hardly earned capital. Watch out this space.

Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...06462-80pjumz/index.html

VituVingiSana
#9572 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:02:37 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

The majority shareholders paid KES 8.52 but they were never meant to be traders so the free float exchange shall always be driven via minority shareholders trade activities

But at some point they will cash out... As some of the banks [KQLC] need cash for expansion or "Shareholders Capital" as IFRS 9 kicks in.
obiero
#9573 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:23:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

But at some point they will cash out... As some of the banks [KQLC] need cash for expansion or "Shareholders Capital" as IFRS 9 kicks in.

That's undeniable but by that time the firm will be profitable and a price of KES 30 shall look cheap!

VituVingiSana
#9574 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 2:50:52 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

That's undeniable but by that time the firm will be profitable and a price of KES 30 shall look cheap!

Ceteris Paribus it is unlikely to happen soon. Good luck.
obiero
#9575 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 3:06:04 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Ceteris Paribus it is unlikely to happen soon. Good luck.

Thanks boss. But note that KES 24 shall be sighted in next two months! This is prior to dilution by the Open Offer shares which shall then pull the price down to KES 12.5 - KES 14.. So indeed KES 30 may take a while but it will happen. Not more than 2 years. Watch and learn

obiero
#9576 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 11:26:00 AM

The KQ share is currently in a deep coma, hence we just cannot let one whole week go by without saying something on this long living thread.. Jambo KQ! 😁

sparkly
#9577 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:46:19 PM

obiero wrote:
The KQ share is currently in a deep coma, hence we just cannot let one whole week go by without saying something on this long living thread.. Jambo KQ! 😁

Lipa pesa ya @VVS.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#9578 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 9:47:07 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Lipa pesa ya @VVS.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly And I can even give tips on how to go about it!
I did look into cryptocurrencies but it isn't as easy [or anonymous] as some make it out to be. Or I wasn't going about it the right way.

The other options I was provided eg PesaLink aren't [& should not be] anonymous.

Nor is M-Pesa but I managed Laughing out loudly though not something I would want to do again! The jamaa may look at me with suspicion!
VituVingiSana
#9579 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 9:49:22 PM

obiero wrote:

Well... "Kenyan business people reach out to the Emirates"

https://www.businessdail...8752-13k01dr/index.html
[Will Emirates/Etihad/FlyDubai be offered more slots/flights?]
obiero
#9580 Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 10:40:22 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Lipa pesa ya @VVS.

Huyu mzee @vvs alikwishanisamehe hio deni