wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Raila's presidency
Fundaah
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:33:36 AM

@ all

as you give your opinions .... beware of hate speech ....the NSIS is watching
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
cruso
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:54:10 AM

If I had to choose someone to via for the top seat, I would go for Mr. Otiato - the speaker of the national assembly, atleast from the bunch of the current politicians.
RELIGION = MAN LOOKING FOR GOD AND SALVATION = GOD LOOKING FOR MAN.
Seeders
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:27:23 AM

odm never rigged, cheated or fanned violence in 2007. in fact all odm agents were always seen clad in brilliant white with angelic wings and a halo over their heads flying over the polling stations. when the elections were concluded they ascended back to heaven from whence they came.
Njung'e
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:34:40 AM

@Seeders,
And that's how Kamanda beat "Bishop" Wanjiru......Brari drumhead!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Surealligator
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:35:56 AM

Seeders wrote:
odm never rigged, cheated or fanned violence in 2007. in fact all odm agents were always seen clad in brilliant white with angelic wings and a halo over their heads flying over the polling stations. when the elections were concluded they ascended back to heaven from whence they came.

@Seeders.

In Kisumu, dead voters ‘showed up’ at the polls

Reports say Nyanza Province experienced cases of massive rigging in presidential elections during the 2007 General Election.
The rigging ranged from deceased voters casting their votes, polling station staff colluding with agents to mark ballot papers of those who did not turn up to vote and illiterate people being guided to vote for a certain presidential candidate, among others forms of irregularities.
It is alleged PNU agents were chased away from polling stations while others failed to report at the stations for fear of their lives.
According to the Kriegler Report, six constituencies recorded more than 94 per cent voter turn out during the elections.
Bondo, the Prime Minister’s home and Kisumu Rural constituencies had a record 102 per cent voter turn out. Karachuonyo had 94 per cent, Rangwe 93, Nyatike 95 and Mbita 95 per cent.
Mr Benjamin Tolo who was a PNU point man in the province and a parliamentary candidate for Kisumu Town East said election irregularities were rampant in the area.
Bribery claims
Kriegler report further revealed that 1.2 million dead registered voters cast their votes in the region.
"In some areas voter turnout was 100 per cent, this clearly suggesting ballot stuffing, which requires collusion between polling station staff and agents," said the report in part.
In Kisumu Town East at Migosi polling station, it is alleged an official of the defunct ECK was given a bribe of Sh15,000 to facilitate marking of ballot papers of people who failed to turn up, including dead ones.
"The station had low voter turnout and something had to be done," said a source who witnessed the electoral scandal.
Investigation revealed that at Siaya County Council polling station those who streamed in as early as 6am were allowed to cast their ballots without voters card and national IDs as required by the law.
In another station, it is alleged officials marked ballots for voters who did not show up. "I was late and an ODM agent called me to inform me he has already voted on my behalf," says a resident who sought anonymity.

http://www.standardmedia...00008868&cid=4&
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Seeders
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:33:28 AM

surealligator, in case you missed it

defn. sarcasm - heavy use of apparent praise for an actual dispraise. A verbal tone in which it is obvious from context that the speaker means the opposite of what he or she says. raw use of apparent approval to express disapproval.
Ngalaka
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:20:55 PM

Since no agents for PNU or other ‘enemy’ parties were permissible in certain areas, lest necks get wringed, APs were sent to stand in and ensure no rigging was done.

As fate would have it, ODMs propaganda machine orchestrated the poor APs attack resulting in death for some.

With no dissenting voice, the plan for ballot stuffing was executed smoothly, resulting in betraying numbers.
With such concurrence of all officials the results from such areas came in, in quick succession, growing the tally for the beneficiary to ‘insurmountable numbers’ in record time!

Playing around with the intellect of Kenyans!

PNU of course saw what was happenning and the rest is history.

Someone help me understand what they mean with the cliché -
A team of APs was trained sent to various parts of the country to act as agents for PNU - their job was cut out of for them, some lost their lives.

I find this rather vague and irrelevant insofar as PEV is concerned.

Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Rahatupu
#28 Posted : Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:08:46 PM

I am tempted to view this debate as one of the past. Since most arguments display the fact that the real winner of the 2007 election will never be known its better we focus on Raila Presidency.

Did someone say Otiato??? Think again. Do you recall what he said when asked about MPs being taxed?? its unbelievable. cant recall the exact words but something like: "Do you want us to be as poor as our constituents?". The man is arrogant beyond words.

As for Kalonzo,javascript:insertsmiley('Pray%20','/Images/Emoticons/eusa_pray.gif') pole sana there will be no katikati this time - demagogue!

Uhuru,javascript:insertsmiley('Shame on you%20','/Images/Emoticons/eusa_naughty.gif') maybe 3rd time lucky kama Kibaki but not 2012. He is not strategic enough and the ethnic card is against him.

Martha Karua, I'd vote for her, if our politics was about ideologies.

Saitoti - His style is too classroom like.

RAILA javascript:insertsmiley('Applause%20','/Images/Emoticons/eusa_clap.gif')- He'll deliver the new constitution, will be doing his last lap of the 2012 marathon by September 2010. Who can catch him? Well the jury is out there.