#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:00:52 AM

Chaka wrote:
@WaP,
Can you expound on #3..

Wa P ,kindly explain.
Africa belongs to Africans.
wazuaguest
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:03:00 AM

So Mr Brookside may enter the Milk Hawking business?
Africa belongs to Africans.
Chaka
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:27:50 AM

wazuaguest wrote:

That would be a major downgrade?
wa P
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:35:47 AM

wazuaguest wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@WaP,
Can you expound on #3..

Wa P ,kindly explain.

To get milk you need a container. Earlier on the supermarkets were providing that thin polythene juala.

They started stocking clear plastic containers.

Most people either do not remember to carry an empty container from home or they find it messy, so they buy a new one.

1. if you obtain them bulk from manufacturer at 20% margin....

2. you can run a buy back offer from haplessly stocked milk consumer, wash and resell.

visit Tuskys Adams, a tiny branch and see the shelf space dedicated for those containers.

Get it from horse mouth. I have dozens of those bottles in the house
radio
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:46:56 AM

This is what annoys me about our universities and their engineers.

You mean they can build a MD or other simple engines? They should drop the word engine in their name.

Sad
wa P
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:50:30 AM

Chaka wrote:
wazuaguest wrote:

That would be a major downgrade?

They may not share with you the same perception to what you call hawking. That is the future of food distribution.

Study Danone' s business model, their global yoghurt value chain pedigree and our fragmened yoghurt market. think solar fridges. think live culture regulations...
Danone's investment in mimicking gastrointestinal tract...

I don't hold their brief. just speculating.
heri
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 1:29:44 PM

Impunity wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
wazuaguest wrote:
milk dispensers cost from 350k to 600k,that is second hand being the cheapest but you can also import.
Milk must be pasteurized to be dispensed by this machine.(I can connect you with a guy who sells pasteurised milk)
You don't need to keep cows to do that.
Its a very good business.

@Wazuaguest,
I beg to differ with you. Milk dispensers do handle raw milk thus making it cheaper to consumers.I guess that is where the money is as long as you are not far from your milk source.

@Heri,
I do not know of a local person/organisation dealing with MDs but one thing i am certain is that the best dispensers are Italian.

The milk dispensers in Nairobi if not the whole of Kenya only vend pasteurized milk. That is the Kenya Dairy Board specification.....only processed milk to be sold!!!

Exactly! You cannot do raw milk. It is illegal to sell unprocessed milk. KDB officials told me it's OK to boil if you can afford it.

The main thing is to protect consumers from diseases brought about by consuming raw milk

Milk pasteurization is heating miok to temps up in the region of 72 degrees centigrade...Now the miok usually being dispensed is very cold...this means the machine could be consuming a lot of energy in terms of electricity.

Heating the miok to 72 deg cels and then cooling it down to 4 degrees is not a juok...this could easily eat into your perceived earnings.

On must really consider the cost of energy before setting up this business.

My cents!

Thanks. @ Wa P Can you comment on this? i was under the impression that you buy the milk from the supplier when it is already pasteurised?
wa P
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:36:27 PM

heri wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
wazuaguest wrote:
milk dispensers cost from 350k to 600k,that is second hand being the cheapest but you can also import.
Milk must be pasteurized to be dispensed by this machine.(I can connect you with a guy who sells pasteurised milk)

@Wazuaguest,
I beg to differ with you. Milk dispensers do handle raw milk thus making it cheaper to consumers.I guess that is where the money is as long as you are not far from your milk source.

@Heri,
I do not know of a local person/organisation dealing with MDs but one thing i am certain is that the best dispensers are Italian.

The milk dispensers in Nairobi if not the whole of Kenya only vend pasteurized milk. That is the Kenya Dairy Board specification.....only processed milk to be sold!!!

Exactly! You cannot do raw milk. It is illegal to sell unprocessed milk. KDB officials told me it's OK to boil if you can afford it.

The main thing is to protect consumers from diseases brought about by consuming raw milk

Milk pasteurization is heating miok to temps up in the region of 72 degrees centigrade...Now the miok usually being dispensed is very cold...this means the machine could be consuming a lot of energy in terms of electricity.

Heating the miok to 72 deg cels and then cooling it down to 4 degrees is not a juok...this could easily eat into your perceived earnings.

My cents!

Thanks. @ Wa P Can you comment on this? i was under the impression that you buy the milk from the supplier when it is already pasteurised?

Yes. The supplier should provide pasteurized milk. Yours is to keep it cool.

Will write to you later this week.
Chaka
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:29:04 PM

wa P wrote:

How would one confirm that the milk has actually been pasteurised?
Impunity
#30 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2015 6:30:04 PM

Chaka wrote:
wa P wrote:

How would one confirm that the milk has actually been pasteurised?

I cant fathom how @wanjiku will pasteurized her miok using open firewood stove in her backyard!

Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

heri
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:19:18 PM

wa P wrote:
heri wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
wazuaguest wrote:

@Wazuaguest,

@Heri,

My cents!

@Wa P, i am still waiting for your email. Please appreciate if you can send it
Eugene_
#32 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 9:18:57 PM

heri wrote:
i would like to buy a milk ATM to start selling milk

my little research so far shows that i can make good money. Buying a litre at sh 50 and selling at sh 70 while the packed milk goes for sh 100 per litre

anyone who can share any more on this i would appreciate

how did it go?
tinker
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:53:19 PM

We had a bar discussion on the mushrooming Milk 'ATM' dispenser business and one guy came-up with a fresh idea, worth our dissecting.

Where was all this milk being dispensed 3 years ago?. Are our daily farmers getting the benefits of this dispenser?, Are we buying real milk from all this 'ATMs', If the milk from ATM is supposed to be pasteurized, how come it taste so different from sachet packed 'Fresha', 'Tuzo' etc?.
How come you rearly get 'no stock' on this dispensers?.

Could we be drinking something else other than the milk as we know it?.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
mmarto
#34 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 5:00:21 PM

tinker wrote:
We had a bar discussion on the mushrooming Milk 'ATM' dispenser business and one guy came-up with a fresh idea, worth our dissecting.

Where was all this milk being dispensed 3 years ago?. Are our daily farmers getting the benefits of this dispenser?, Are we buying real milk from all this 'ATMs', If the milk from ATM is supposed to be pasteurized, how come it taste so different from sachet packed 'Fresha', 'Tuzo' etc?.
How come you rearly get 'no stock' on this dispensers?.

Could we be drinking something else other than the milk as we know it?.

hiyo ya atm ndio original taste. Za akina 'Fresha', 'Tuzo' ndio fake
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
Stiffler
#35 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 8:49:44 PM

Read an article a while back of how unscrupulous business men were selling artificial milk especially in Urban areas. The chemical concentration of the ATM milk is way higher than the conventional large scale processors

But generally I think we have become a man eat Man society

An example
https://www.standardmedi...-prolong-milk-shelf-life