wazua Mon, Feb 19, 2018
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
2018 Best Stock To Own......What's Your Prediction?
watesh
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 12:31:20 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
You are asking the wrong question brother.

You should be asking about 10 or 20 years from now. Not a pata potea 1 year which is the burial ground for those who buy and sell daily and find themselves in the red always.

If I could own one single stock to hold for 30 years, it would without a doubt be SCOM.

Unfortunately it is too pricey for my budget based on basic FA. But if I was to get a ksh 5m windfall. I would invest 4m of it on serious things and then gamble 1m of it on holding overpriced SCOM for thirty years.

EVRD is my other long term gamble. It's a turnaround situation whose merits I have argued elsewhere. Holding this one for 10 years minimum.

The other stock I would pick is a no brainer. I have mentioned it before; ICDC. In fact this is the single most attractive stock on all counts;

- Price to Book
- Booming Revenues
- Political connections
- Vision 2030 project links
- Super diversified
- Sharp management. In fact I'd argue that the Centum CEO is the sharpest tool in the NSE shed IMHO. And I'm not talking theoretical sharpness alone..he has unmatched practical smarts as well.

I foolishly bought ICDC back when it was still called ICDC for 6 bob, then sold at 12 a year later thinking I was a genius (my dummy days when my horizon was short term). Wapi? It soared to 20, then 30 shortly after! Bought back in at under 35 and will hold for the next 100 years assuming I will be still alive by then.

SCOM is a tech stock and technology changes so fast. My policy on Safcom, buy and hold when the party is on. A single change in technology can wipe out a large chunk of their revenue if they dont adapt. Otherwise, its a fantastic stock with AMAZING cashflows
S.Mutaga III
#42 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 1:01:42 PM

watesh wrote:
Which stocks do you predict will be the best picks for 2018?

Total is currently leading the pack as I said.

Happy Hunting!
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Ericsson
#43 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 7:24:17 AM

https://www.businessdail...4259442-4294668-gdln1p/

Which listed counters benefitted from the rally.
On my list I have the following which are heavily listed in the NSE
--CIC Insurance
--Kenya Re
--Sanlam Kenya
--Jubilee Insurance

Britam is skewed so much towards Housing Finance and Equity bank;that's why they even issued a profit warning.
The rest didn't.
Ebenyo
#44 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 9:09:00 AM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/capital/NSE-equity-rebound-lifts-pension-returns-to-18pc/4259442-4294668-gdln1p/

Which listed counters benefitted from the rally.
On my list I have the following which are heavily listed in the NSE
--CIC Insurance
--Kenya Re
--Sanlam Kenya
--Jubilee Insurance

Britam is skewed so much towards Housing Finance and Equity bank;that's why they even issued a profit warning.
The rest didn't.

CIC looks sharp in the business as they have both captured the lower and higher segment.
Dont work for money.Let your money work for you.
Aguytrying
#45 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 1:01:31 PM

pan africa insurance, nation media group and flame tree. All undervalued and decent management. pan Africa in addition is a recovery story. flame tree yet to really taste a rally since listing.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself