Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<476477478479480>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#9541 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 2:32:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
http://kenyanwallstreet.com/kenya-airways-launches-four-weekly-flights-mauritius

Kenya Airways has launched four weekly flights to Mauritius saying this is part of its broad strategy to expand its footprint across Africa.

That NYC flight has 76 bookings so far...

What's the fare in Economy?
[BTW, @obiero do you still get free upgrades or Mikosz put a stop to that?]

I am part of the team that facilitated the CEO shortlisting so your guess is a good as mine https://www.businessdail...293588-r3nf5m/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#9542 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 12:51:00 AM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
http://kenyanwallstreet.com/kenya-airways-launches-four-weekly-flights-mauritius

Kenya Airways has launched four weekly flights to Mauritius saying this is part of its broad strategy to expand its footprint across Africa.

By October, it will be a full flight.

I expect to see more destinations under Mikosz. The only way to grow revenue is to add more destinations and task the sales guys to produce results.
Impunity
#9543 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 1:34:11 AM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

76 pax on the maiden flight,what about the subsequent days?
That's more important too.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#9544 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:54:00 AM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I believe @maka means 76 flights and not 76 pax.. The maiden flight was sold out during the launch

ArrestedDev
#9545 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:06:08 AM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I believe @maka means 76 flights and not 76 pax.. The maiden flight was sold out during the launch

Must be 76 confirmed pax on the maiden flight.

Mauritius flight will be a game changer for this New York Flight.

I expect to see Ethiopian launching this route soon as it seems they do not fly there. You will know they just copy from KQ and they should never have overtaken KQ.
obiero
#9546 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:18:17 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I expect to see Ethiopian launching this route soon as it seems they do not fly there. You will know they just copy from KQ and they should never have overtaken KQ.

Kabisa. Plus what exactly is there to see in Ethiopia apart from the women. They killed all the wildlife and they lack a vibrant tourist circuit

VituVingiSana
#9547 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 8:37:54 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Kabisa. Plus what exactly is there to see in Ethiopia apart from the women. They killed all the wildlife and they lack a vibrant tourist circuit

Isn't that [the women] a compelling reason? Drool Drool Drool
Ethiopia has a lot of offer as well. It was the only African country not colonized [I am not counting Liberia] and fought & defeated the Italians! I would like to see GERD as well. I hear the hills/mountains [source of the Blue Nile] are beautiful.

I would like to visit Addis/Ethiopia. The flight is only $200 or so on Ethiopian Airlines.

As for the "vibrant tourist circuit" one has be cautious coz our advantages can be easily negated in 10-20 years as countries woo tourists.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9548 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 9:21:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Isn't that [the women] a compelling reason? Drool Drool Drool
Ethiopia has a lot of offer as well. It was the only African country not colonized [I am not counting Liberia] and fought & defeated the Italians! I would like to see GERD as well. I hear the hills/mountains [source of the Blue Nile] are beautiful.

I would like to visit Addis/Ethiopia. The flight is only $200 or so on Ethiopian Airlines.

As for the "vibrant tourist circuit" one has be cautious coz our advantages can be easily negated in 10-20 years as countries woo tourists.

Are you saying that Mt Kenya will be extinct? Or Indian Ocean will be no more? What about Lake Victoria? Or Masaai Mara? I have been to Ethiopia and trust me it's not worth visiting apart from eye candy which is being rivalled by Rwanda. Other African powerhouses of tourism include Egypt, South Africa, Seychelles, Zanzibar, Mauritius, Namibia and even Zimbabwe but not Ethiopia https://www.africa.com/a...-10-travel-destinations/

VituVingiSana
#9549 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 10:12:27 AM

@obiero - I don’t know of many tourists who visit Kenya to go see Lake Victoria

Maasai Mara - It’s counterpart on the TZ side is actually much larger.
Mt Kenya - Yes, but Kili is higher. Ethiopia is also safer for hikers.
Indian Ocean - We have but a small portion. Sure Ethiopia doesn’t have access to the sea but our other competitors do.

You can thump your chest all you want but Kenya cannot remain complacent as others pick up the pace. Rwanda, Tanzania and Ethiopia all want to eat our lunch. A slow leak can sink a ship.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9550 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 11:07:12 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@obiero - I don’t know of many tourists who visit Kenya to go see Lake Victoria

Maasai Mara - It’s counterpart on the TZ side is actually much larger.
Mt Kenya - Yes, but Kili is higher. Ethiopia is also safer for hikers.
Indian Ocean - We have but a small portion. Sure Ethiopia doesn’t have access to the sea but our other competitors do.

You can thump your chest all you want but Kenya cannot remain complacent as others pick up the pace. Rwanda, Tanzania and Ethiopia all want to eat our lunch. A slow leak can sink a ship.

Our country is beautiful.. If you actually do travel, you will know that this is a globally accepted fact

Swenani
#9551 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 12:31:30 PM

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
VituVingiSana
#9552 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 1:06:34 PM

Swenani wrote:

What does that mean? "Road Shows"?
Offer reasonable fares, good connections and good service... and folks will follow!

Road shows make sense to promote tourism [in conjunction with KQ] but not a road show to promote a flight segment.
maka
#9553 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 5:01:20 PM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Boss you know you cant argue with me on this things...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#9554 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 5:59:28 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

It's called hoping against hope.. 76 is a very small number considering that they are looking at a daily schedule..

VituVingiSana
#9555 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 6:03:57 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

It's called hoping against hope.. 76 is a very small number considering that they are looking at a daily schedule..

Isn't that @Maka's point?

BTW, what is the fare for the maiden flight? [Econ since I wasn't part of the transition team Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ]
Impunity
#9556 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 6:21:06 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

76 can got in that mombasa aircraft.
This could be another "Mombasa-Nairobi SGR cargo train"
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

VituVingiSana
#9557 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:58:06 PM

Jokes aside, I think that a REASONABLE price, the NBO-JFK route can fly full most of the year...

Then there are the UN/UNEP folks flying to/from NYC to myriad East African destinations.

If KQ charges crazy high prices then it will be a challenge.
hardwood
#9558 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 11:11:18 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Most visas are issued (and applied for) a few days/weeks before travel date so plane will be full with lots of last minute bookings.
obiero
#9559 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 7:13:07 AM

hardwood wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Most visas are issued (and applied for) a few days/weeks before travel date so plane will be full with lots of last minute bookings.

Makes sense..

obiero
#9560 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 5:41:25 PM

Four months deep after the restructuring finalization and still no sight of the Open Offer circular.. Knowing Mr 10% and his Mobitelea exploits, you can bet your wife and first born child that a racket is being organized