wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

fast food business-kenchic
gold
#1 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 6:11:20 PM

Hi. Why did Kenchic fail in their fast food business and yet other international brands are opening shop right left and center? Their prices were way better than what the international players are offering. They also had the financial muscle ( i think) and had a dominance in the fast food business. What really happened? did our tastes and preference change? did they fail to adapt to this quick enough?
Swenani
#2 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2018 6:35:33 PM

gold wrote:
Hi. Why did Kenchic fail in their fast food business and yet other international brands are opening shop right left and center? Their prices were way better than what the international players are offering. They also had the financial muscle ( i think) and had a dominance in the fast food business. What really happened? did our tastes and preference change? did they fail to adapt to this quick enough?

They were unable to guarantee/enforce quality on franchise holders
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Chaka
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 10:32:42 AM

If I recall,some franchise holders were getting the broilers from elsewhere i/o Kenchic as per agreement..

[/quote]
[/quote]
kawi254
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 11:53:01 AM

Swenani wrote:
gold wrote:

Kenchic is focusing on big business i.e supplying chicken to KFC Kenya &Uganda and other multi-national fast food business that have setup in Kenya. They so no need of competing with their largest Customers (i.e KFC). They are also big on day old chicks. I believe the margins are bigger on selling day old chicks and supplying to KFC and others.
Swenani
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 4:18:54 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Swenani wrote:
gold wrote:

Kenchic is focusing on big business i.e supplying chicken to KFC Kenya &Uganda and other multi-national fast food business that have setup in Kenya. They so no need of competing with their largest Customers (i.e KFC). They are also big on day old chicks. I believe the margins are bigger on selling day old chicks and supplying to KFC and others.

Quote:
Kenchic, in a statement to its franchisees, said it had decided to exit the agreement “due to Kenya’s rapidly evolving local fast food market”.
International fast-food chains such as Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Subway and Pizza Hut have recently opened shop in Kenya, offering an expanded market for Kenchic whose core business is to hatch and sell chicken.
The franchisees are accused of disregarding quality standards at their restaurants, which Kenchic feared would impact negatively on its brand and possibly hurt its sales.
“Effective March 31, Kenchic will discontinue the use of the brand Kenchic Inn,” Philip Carolan, Kenchic’s processing and sales distribution operations manager said in the letter.
“At the end of the period, the Kenchic Inn brand will no longer be used nor will any of the Kenchic-associated logo’s brands or colours.”

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?