wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Car & General FY17
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 8:47:20 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#2 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:40:57 PM

1) Do the 2016 (turnover) numbers include Cummins? [2017 they say does not]
2) What's the Other Income? [Cummins?]
3) I always remove the "Gain in FV on Investment Properties" from the profits. [Loss for 2016 and 2017]

I do own some C&G and I hope they start cashing in on those "Investment Properties" to reduce their debt.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:43:53 PM

Not talking
Quote:
"the investment property valuations are now stabilising and the objective is to embark on two small property developments in 2018 and liquidate some non core property"
Pesa Nane
#4 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:59:05 PM

AGM 26 March 2018, Mayfair Hotel

Dividend Kshs. 0.60
Closure 19 Feb 2018
Pesa Nane
#5 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 10:04:16 PM

Ebenyo
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:50:09 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

With high uptake of motorcycles in the country,i wonder why CG will struggle to grow revenues.They should do well actually.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 4:12:18 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Not talking
Quote:
"the investment property valuations are now stabilising and the objective is to embark on two small property developments in 2018 and liquidate some non core property"

C&G should cash in on "fully valued" properties and redirect the cash to (sensible) expansion, reducing debt or paying a dividend.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
tom_boy
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 1:41:36 PM

Involved in multiple idustries
Trading
Property
Fintech via watu credit

Razor thin trading margins. Issues with importation of goods at the port, long delays. Higher costs.

Property market headed for a glut ( i think). They are looking for an anchor tenant before commencing. Not sure their property dev location has a significant competitive advantage. (where is it by the way).

Now into watu credit. A fintech. Offering mobile loans. "Supporting" mama groups. Wonder how this will pan out.

EPS 2018 up from 1.71 to 5.35.

Feels to me like a very mixed bag kind of company.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
mulla
#9 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:53:44 AM

tom_boy wrote:
Trading
Property
Fintech via watu credit

Razor thin trading margins. Issues with importation of goods at the port, long delays. Higher costs.

Property market headed for a glut ( i think). They are looking for an anchor tenant before commencing. Not sure their property dev location has a significant competitive advantage. (where is it by the way).

Now into watu credit. A fintech. Offering mobile loans. "Supporting" mama groups. Wonder how this will pan out.

Looks like they have lost Suzuki dealership to Toyota Kenya. Quite unfortunate as the Uber chapchap is picking alot of traction. However in the long run i think Toyota may be better than C&G for Suzuki as they may be more aggressive in marketing their other brands such as the Vitara etc
AndyC
#10 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:03:01 AM

tom_boy wrote:
Trading
Property
Fintech via watu credit

It is a holding company so the mix is kinda expected. The Fin-tech maybe is to support trading business after bank rate caps. The chicken farming business is odd.

Anybody with info on what investments Carbacid investment subsidiaries (apart from the CO2) are involved in?
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:08:52 PM

mulla wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Trading
Property
Fintech via watu credit

Looks like they have lost Suzuki dealership to Toyota Kenya. Quite unfortunate as the Uber chapchap is picking alot of traction. However in the long run i think Toyota may be better than C&G for Suzuki as they may be more aggressive in marketing their other brands such as the Vitara etc
C&G never held the Suzuki dealership.
mulla
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:40:16 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mulla wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Trading
Property
Fintech via watu credit

C&G never held the Suzuki dealership.

my bad.....rephrase....CMC motors