Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Traffic Management set to go digital
poundfoolish
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:08:07 PM

washiku wrote:
freiks wrote:
webish wrote:
Anyone has an idea when they will let the lights manage traffic?

I know most drivers may not be disciplined, but we have to start from somewhere. Surely.

Then, I've also seen the mail doing rounds from someone at Deloitte saying the Cameras "have" been activated...

Intelligence please..

If you are a regular to city centre you will realize that most of them have been installed, hopefully they start soon. May be waiting for xmas season thats when we have more offenders than travelers

Yeah...I have seen them too. Big brother...

I have seen the cameras.. kila mahali..
What about the automated traffic management. Are those blinding lights part of the gadgets?
washiku
#62 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:20:36 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
washiku wrote:
freiks wrote:
webish wrote:
Anyone has an idea when they will let the lights manage traffic?

I know most drivers may not be disciplined, but we have to start from somewhere. Surely.

Then, I've also seen the mail doing rounds from someone at Deloitte saying the Cameras "have" been activated...

Intelligence please..

If you are a regular to city centre you will realize that most of them have been installed, hopefully they start soon. May be waiting for xmas season thats when we have more offenders than travelers

Yeah...I have seen them too. Big brother...

I have seen the cameras.. kila mahali..
What about the automated traffic management. Are those blinding lights part of the gadgets?

I think the lights are supposed to lit the area nicely for the camera to capture the details accurately. Like the way I see cameramen do when recording occassions.
hindi ni riu
#63 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:47:47 PM

mukiha wrote:
I am always amazed at the damage that Daniel arap Moi did to this country....

In 1983, I was booked by a cop at the Uhuru/Haile Selassie roundabout for the offence of "attempting to jump a red traffic light". Yes, 30 years ago!

This was the usual booking of you stopped at the lights with the front wheels of your touching or going past the broad white line adjacent to the traffic light pole. Today I see cops encouraging drivers to jump the lights and wonder when the rain started beating us down!

And yes; in the 1980s, all the traffic lights in the city - uhuru highway, Kenyatta avenue, Moi avenue (then known as Government road) and Lusaka road were controlled centrally from a control room at City Hall.

In those very analogue days - there were only 2 computers in Kenya!!!!! - they had dozens of control cables running from City Hall to the traffic lights. The city also had traffic scouts with walkie-talkies observing critical junctions and updating the controllers at City Hall.

Now that's how advanced we were... until Moi came and messed everything up!

Laughing out loudly Heshima kwako. Umeyaona mengi. @mukiha=General Mathenge! No?

“Once the last tree is cut and the last river poisoned,you will find you cannot eat your money" Traditional saying.
Mukiri
#64 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:54:23 PM

hindi ni riu wrote:
mukiha wrote:
I am always amazed at the damage that Daniel arap Moi did to this country....

In 1983, I was booked by a cop at the Uhuru/Haile Selassie roundabout for the offence of "attempting to jump a red traffic light". Yes, 30 years ago!

This was the usual booking of you stopped at the lights with the front wheels of your touching or going past the broad white line adjacent to the traffic light pole. Today I see cops encouraging drivers to jump the lights and wonder when the rain started beating us down!

And yes; in the 1980s, all the traffic lights in the city - uhuru highway, Kenyatta avenue, Moi avenue (then known as Government road) and Lusaka road were controlled centrally from a control room at City Hall.

In those very analogue days - there were only 2 computers in Kenya!!!!! - they had dozens of control cables running from City Hall to the traffic lights. The city also had traffic scouts with walkie-talkies observing critical junctions and updating the controllers at City Hall.

Now that's how advanced we were... until Moi came and messed everything up!

Laughing out loudly Heshima kwako. Umeyaona mengi. @mukiha=General Mathenge! No?

Old is gold! I remember Nyayo Bus, tea zones etc We even had began our car Pioneer 1 until 1982 when someone we know tried to take-over by force. Maybe that is where the problems began.

Proverbs 19:21
Swenani
#65 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 4:27:57 AM

Another tender fro smart traffic lights
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hardwood
#66 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 9:12:43 AM

As Choho would say, this is a world bank and county project like the Mombasa footbridge and therefore gov't shouldn't take credit.

Quote:
The project is jointly funded by the World Bank and the government and is part of the Nairobi Urban Transport Improvement Programme.
masukuma
#67 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 10:29:51 AM

so Worldbank inatuma president wao lini kufungwa projects zao?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Wamunyota
#68 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 10:31:49 AM

masukuma wrote:
so Worldbank inatuma president wao lini kufungwa projects zao?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Hutia Mundu!!
murchr
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:57:50 PM

the Star wrote:
The licences will revolutionalise road safety in Kenya, the National Transport Safety Authority said while making the announcement on Wednesday.

Mt Kenya region manager Cyprian Micheka told the press PSV drivers will be the first to get the permits.

''The new smart card will cost Sh3,000 and will be valid for only three years. Drivers with class A licences will be required to undergo a training before they are issued with the licence or get a new one after expiry of the older one."

Micheka explained that the new licences will have electronic chips with all details of drivers, much like ATM cards.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore