wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<138139140141142>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
shiznit
#2781 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:28:38 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Assuming a hypothetical situation where i @Fyatu holds 1 million KQ shares and has never sold for the past 10 years, will my broker call me and inform me that brother @Obiero wants to lend 100,000 shares of these for shorting??? In this our Kenya, how sure am i that i will not be shafted seriously??

The rules already say that only gazetted persons will be allowed to lend. So institutions like pension funds, a listed company or any institution licensed by CMA
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
VituVingiSana
#2782 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:33:57 PM

shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Assuming a hypothetical situation where i @Fyatu holds 1 million KQ shares and has never sold for the past 10 years, will my broker call me and inform me that brother @Obiero wants to lend 100,000 shares of these for shorting??? In this our Kenya, how sure am i that i will not be shafted seriously??

The rules already say that only gazetted persons will be allowed to lend. So institutions like pension funds, a listed company or any institution licensed by CMA

Anyone who can put up the required collateral should be allowed to short the shares. This BS about allowing just a few is silly.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#2783 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:12:38 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Anyone who can put up the required collateral should be allowed to short the shares. This BS about allowing just a few is silly.

Relax @Vitu, the statement doesn't suggest otherwise.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
lochaz-index
#2784 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:06:36 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Sounds as though they are running a pilot program with no timeline for a full scale roll out. Placing too many restrictions on the eligible short sellers (wonder who they are targeting with this one) and eligible stocks for shorting is tantamount to throwing a spanner in the works before hand. This market is very boring at the moment, it would be a pity if some shorting candidates went unpunished in this cycle.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mlennyma
#2785 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 12:27:43 PM

It's January and market is showing some positive movement, can this last?safcom,kcb,nic,bbk ,centum and others are moving up
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#2786 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 12:46:26 PM

Kenol Kobil has traded 368mn shares so far.
That is 25% of it's issued shares
Turnover today will be in excess of sh.6bn
Captain Obiero say something
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#2787 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 12:50:17 PM

Ericsson wrote:

indirect takeover?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Fyatu
#2788 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 1:22:51 PM

mlennyma wrote:
It's January and market is showing some positive movement, can this last?safcom,kcb,nic,bbk ,centum and others are moving up

My NSE dashboard today looks very positive. Is today that day that marks the beginning of...
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#2789 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 1:32:54 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Please leave Captain @obiero alone since KK doesn't supply fuel to KQ unless it's COD. Ohana made a point, during the AGM, to say that KK only supplies fuel to firms that pay on time! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
BTW, KK has 40% of the Jet Fuel market which means many of the international airlines, which pay on time, probably buy from KK.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
littledove
#2790 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 1:33:55 PM

Fyatu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

My NSE dashboard today looks very positive. Is today that day that marks the beginning of...

im happy with what im seeing especially centum
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#2791 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 1:48:34 PM

Why is it almost all green today?

My holdings are more or less up... but I am a long-term investor so I am not exiting at these prices.
shiznit
#2792 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 2:17:51 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Sounds as though they are running a pilot program with no timeline for a full scale roll out. Placing too many restrictions on the eligible short sellers (wonder who they are targeting with this one) and eligible stocks for shorting is tantamount to throwing a spanner in the works before hand. This market is very boring at the moment, it would be a pity if some shorting candidates went unpunished in this cycle.

I thought so too.
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
shiznit
#2793 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 2:19:44 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Something fishy has been cooking on this one for a while. Whoever is the chef better present the best smoked salmon ever after all this teasing.
shiznit
#2794 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 2:22:27 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Actually there's a similar statement in there for persons allowed to short. So the restriction is both on lenders and people who can short.
mnandii
#2795 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:36:53 AM

Quote:
Become One of the Few Investors Who Grasps that News DOESN'T Move the Financial Markets,
Who Understands that Market Volatility Comes in Waves And Who Is Prepared AHEAD of Time

Quote:
Coming Market Conditions Will Separate 3 Types of Investors. Which are you?

EWI's research shows that many financial markets, including stocks, are approaching a critical juncture. The ensuing volatility will separate investors into three broad categories.

Prepared investors will be positioned to survive and prosper in the new environment. Unprepared investors will, hopefully, realize their precarious position and scramble to safety.

The third group is the Pseudo-Prepared. They think they are prepared…but they are not. Their strategies rest on assumptions like the Fed controls the economy; earnings drive stock prices; news determines the market's path; gold is a good hedge; diversification equals stability…and many other “truths.”

The problem is that these assumptions are demonstrably false.

READ MORE
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
VituVingiSana
#2796 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:50:32 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

English isn't an easy language to master.
MugundaMan
#2797 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 8:38:28 AM

I give this thread the "most interesting" in cyberspace history in terms of investment theory. You know the Texans also used a similar "wave analysis" to find oil in the desert. They would get a young woman in a large skirt to dance very vigorously around a piece of land all morning and where her britches would fall to the ground would be the point where the wave analysis had proclaimed oil.
aemathenge
#2798 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:28:33 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
I give this thread the "most interesting" in cyberspace history in terms of investment theory. You know the Texans also used a similar "wave analysis" to find oil in the desert. They would get a young woman in a large skirt to dance very vigorously around a piece of land all morning and where her britches would fall to the ground would be the point where the wave analysis had proclaimed oil.

What is that stuff they say about "Monos" again?
mnandii
#2799 Posted : Sunday, February 04, 2018 5:39:17 PM

NSE 20 Share Index. The move to levels below 3540s still in cards. A move below 3670s will be good indication that the scenario is playing out as forecasted.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#2800 Posted : Sunday, February 04, 2018 6:05:57 PM

Safaricom. Circle wave ((iii)) ended at about 30.00. Expecting a correction for circle wave ((iv)) to level targets 24.80s and 23.00s . Thereafter a move above 30.00s to complete circle wave ((v)).