wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Why do you circumcise women?
Atalaku
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:58:25 AM

@Alphdoti: Why do you circumcise women?

I am sorry I am dwelling too much on circumcision. You will have to pardon me. I am collecting information to give a talk on FGM contrary to @McReggae who thinks I am the new ambassador of foreskins!!! From next week I will not touch on the topic unless follow up issues crop up. I promise.

Now @Alphdoti @Jguru etc... I would like to rope in some of the Muslim issues on female circumcision in my talk. Please answer the following.
1. What is the meaning of female circumcision in Islam.
2. What does female circumcision in Islam entail?
2. What specific areas of Koran talk about this?
3. Are there women rights in Islam?
4. Is it a must for a Muslim woman to be cut?
5. You said it is better when a man is cut...He enjoys it more...Is it the same for a Muslim woman...that she enjoys sex more when cut?
5. Don't you think your marrying too many women is as a result of unresponsiveness of your women during sex?
Thanks...
kingfisher
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:12:30 AM

Atalaku wrote:
I am sorry I am dwelling too much on circumcision. You will have to pardon me. I am collecting information to give a talk on FGM contrary to @McReggae who thinks I am the new ambassador of foreskins!!! From next week I will not touch on the topic unless follow up issues crop up. I promise.

Now @Alphdoti @Jguru etc... I would like to rope in some of the Muslim issues on female circumcision in my talk. Please answer the following.
4. Is it a must for a Muslim women to be cut?
5. You said it is better when a man is cut...He enjoys it more...Is it the same for a Muslim woman...that she enjoys sex more when cut?
5. Don't you think your marrying too many women is as a result of unresponsiveness of your women during sex?
Thanks...

you need this

And not this malenge version
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Atalaku
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:14:33 AM

kingfisher wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Thanks...

you need this

What now bro?
Swenani
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:16:07 AM

Atalaku wrote:

Thanks...

Why are you making an assumption that the somali circumcision of women(cultural/traditional) is a muslim practice?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kingfisher
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:22:37 AM

Atalaku wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Thanks...

you need this

What now bro?

some images not showing... ask @lady admin why!!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
tycho
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:59:45 AM

Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Thanks...

Why are you making an assumption that the somali circumcision of women(cultural/traditional) is a muslim practice?

Good question @swenani.
AlphDoti
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:11:38 PM

Atalaku wrote:
@Alphdoti: Why do you circumcise women?

Thanks...

@atalaku, thank you for your good questions. I'm also humbled by the manner in which they are put. In the most respectful manner. I will also be happy to answer them.

1. What is the meaning of female circumcision in Islam
Answer: FGM has no religious significance. FGM has no Islamic sanction. It is not sanctioned in the Quran.

Answer: As I said in question 1 above, FGM is not religious. FGM is a cultural practice. Just like it was found in parts of Africa, it was also practised in Arabia before Islam. So it has nothing to do with Islam.

Answer: It is not sanctioned in the Quran.

Answer: Yes, women have rights in Islam. Islam gave rights to women 1400 years ago. Compared to other cultures, women were considered nobody even until 20th century. Islam believes and equality of men and women. Islam goes further ans says equality does not mean identicality. In Islam the roles of man and women are complementary, it's not conflicting, it's that of partnership.
(a). Spiritual rights;
(b). Economical rights
(c). Social rights a). Social rights given to a daughter. b). Social rights of wife c). Social rights of a mother d). Social rights of a sister
(d). Educational rights
(e). Legal rights given to women in Islam. According to Islamic law, men and women are equal. The sharia protect the life and property of man and woman both
(f). Political rights: Quran 9:71 - men and women are supporters of each other. Not only socially or economically, but also politically. Islam gives woman right to vote.

Answer: No, it is not a must. It is not religious. Since FGM is not religious, Muslim countries differ over the issue. Some countries sanction it whereas others do not. Whoever chooses not to do it is not considered to have committed a sin. Muslims welcome the recent tougher legislation and enforcement against FGM. Personally I support banning of this practice, because it is not applicable in the modern world

Answer: I don't know if circumcised woman enjoys sex more or less. But for male it is better if he is circumcised. Male circumcision is common in Muslim communities. Male circumcision, is one of the obligatory practices in Islam, because it was the practice of the Prophets of God, including Muhammad (s.a.w) as documented in Hadiths. Scientist have also supported this practice

Answer: No. If this was true, then you would not be seeing those men we see having mpango wa kando, yet their wives are not circumcised. If it were true, you would be seeing men in America, on average, the statistics say that a person has 8 different sexual partners before he settles down with one, yet all those 8 partners are not circumcised. In fact mpango wa kando and mistresses are common, those people with uncircumcised wives 10, 20, 30 no problem, 100! The law will not say anything. But when a Muslim, marry more than one wife, that thing does not go down the throat, why? Because polygamy is one of the controversial questions in the family system of Islam.
Nowhere in Islam say 4 wives is the best. But Islam gives permission. Quran is the only religious scripture on the face of Earth that says marry only one. If you read other scripture, for Hindu, the Bible... no religious scripture say marry only one except the Quran. In fact, the number of men with more than one wife is less than 2.5%.

NOTE: I can give you more details on the women rights in Islam. This will be more useful in your research.

Two questions to you:
- will you acknowledge me in your research paper.
- Will you also be champion of Islam when people ignorantly attack Islam concerning this topic?
Atalaku
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:39:20 PM

Thank you @imam alphdoti. I appreciate. I will definitely mention you in my presentation. I know as an academician plagiarism is a crime. May allah bless you with a third wife who is a virgin and not circumcised.
Atalaku
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:41:47 PM

tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Thanks...

Good question @swenani.

...I have delt with that angle already @swenani and @tycho...
AlphDoti
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:41:55 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Thank you @imam alphdoti. I appreciate. I will definitely mention you in my presentation. I know as an academician plagiarism is a crime. May allah bless you with a third wife who is a virgin and not circumcised.

Ameen. I'm glad I'm allowed to go up to 4 if there is need for it. For now, no need.

By the way, don't you want me to give you details on the rights of women in Islam? You need to see the gist of it, man!
AlphDoti
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:56:33 PM

Atalaku wrote:
tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Thanks...

Good question @swenani.

Thank yo @swenani for highlighting that. In fact some cultural practices are mostly mistaken as Islamic.

For @atalaku, circumcision is part of human nature.
I mean it is something that is natural and part of nature. It means that this is the original way Allah has created people to have e.g. clip nails, trip mustache, remove pubic hair, cut hair, plug the eyebrows, to have circumcision.

However, Islamically, scholars agree that male circumcision is mandatory. Also hundreds of medical reports support this. This is not about Islam. This does not concern us, whether medical reports support or disagree because we as Muslims submit our will to God, and whatever God tells us we follow.
SO male circumcision is mandatory.

As for female circumcision, scholars differ. The agreed opinion is, if you do it, it is not sin. If you don't do it, it is not sin. And I'm glad you are aware that, the communities who practice this are not breaking any religious law.

So it depends on the country and the location (culture) and whether the place is warm or cold.

So it is not forbidden to do it.
Atalaku
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:27:24 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Thanks...

Good question @swenani.

Thank yo @swenani for highlighting that. In fact some cultural practices are mostly mistaken as Islamic.

For @atalaku, circumcision is part of human nature.
I mean it is something that is natural and part of nature. It means that this is the original way Allah has created people to have e.g. clip nails, trip mustache, remove pubic hair, cut hair, plug the eyebrows, to have circumcision.

However, Islamically, scholars agree that male circumcision is mandatory. Also hundreds of medical reports support this. This is not about Islam. This does not concern us, whether medical reports support or disagree because we as Muslims submit our will to God, and whatever God tells us we follow.
SO male circumcision is mandatory.

As for female circumcision, scholars differ. The agreed opinion is, if you do it, it is not sin. If you don't do it, it is not sin. And I'm glad you are aware that, the communities who practice this are not breaking any religious law.

So it depends on the country and the location (culture) and whether the place is warm or cold.

So it is not forbidden to do it.

...Merci beau coup Imam.
Atalaku
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:29:17 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Ameen. I'm glad I'm allowed to go up to 4 if there is need for it. For now, no need.

By the way, don't you want me to give you details on the rights of women in Islam? You need to see the gist of it, man!

...Go ahead Imam... I don't usually read your long lectures but today you have made my day...
AlphDoti
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:45:02 PM

Atalaku wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Thank you @imam alphdoti. I appreciate. I will definitely mention you in my presentation. I know as an academician plagiarism is a crime.

...Go ahead Imam... I don't usually read your long lectures but today you have made my day...

THIS IS FOR @ATALAKU: WOMEN RIGHTS IN ISLAM

1. Economical rights
Islam gave economical rights to women 1400 years before the West. An adult Muslim woman can own, dispose, any of her property without consulting anyone irrespective whether she's married or not.

In 1817, it was the first time in England that the West 1st recognized the rights of women where she was allowed to own or dispose any of her property without consulting. Islam gave economic rights to women 1400 years ago. A woman in Islam, if she wishes to work, she can work.

There's no authentic text in Quran or hadith, which prevents or prohibits woman to do any work as long as it is not unlawful, within Islamic Sharia, she maintains Islamic dress code. But naturally, she cannot take up jobs which exhibits beauty and body e.g. modeling, film acting. Many of the professions prohibited for the woman are also prohibited for the man e.g. serving liquor, working in gambling joins, doing unethical or dishonest business. A true Islamic society requires women to take up professions such as doctors, nurses, teachers. But woman in Islam has no financial obligation. The financial obligation is laid upon the man in the family. Therefore, she need not work for her livelihood. But in genuine cases where there're financial crisis in which ends don't meet, she has option of working. But No one forces her to work. She can work in the house, tailory, pottery, factories designed exclusively for ladies (Islam does not agree with intermingling of the sexes). She can do business and where it comes to interaction with foreign male, she should do it through her muharam (father, son, brother, husband)

The Best example
It is lady Hadijah (pbuh), wife of the prophet. She was one of the successful business womane at the time. She did her transactions through her husband. Financial obligation is not put on Woman shoulder, but duty of the man in the family. It's duty of father or brother before she marry. And duty of husband or son after she marry to look after lodging, clothing, food, and financial aspect of her.

When a woman gets married, she's on the receiving end. She receives a gift, dowry, marital gift. Quran 4:4 - gift to woman her rightful gift. This is compulsory.

If a woman works, which she does not have to, whatever earning she gets, it's absolutely her property. She need not spend a single coin on her household. If she want to spend, it's her free will. Irrespective of how rich the wife is, it's duty of her husband to look after lodging, clothing, food, and financial aspect of her.

In the case of a divorce, she's given financial support for period.

Islam gave right to women to inherit centuries ago.
This has been fixed by Allah in the Quran (some will say Islam is unjust).

2. Spiritual rights
The greatest misconception that the West has about Islam is that they think that paradise in Islam is only meant for the men. This is contrary to what Quran says:
Quran 4:124 "if any of you do good deeds, they shall surely enter paradise. If any do deeds of righteousness, be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them."
Quran 16:97 "if any of you perform good deeds, we shall reward you"

But when you see what the West think about the women is disheartening, they say that a woman has no soul. In fact it was in 17th century, at council of 5 men, gathered at Rome, agreed that woman has no soul. In Islam, man and woman have the same spiritual nature as seen in Quran:
Quran 4:41 "How then if We brought from each people a witness, and We brought thee as a witness against these people! Each Prophet and Leader is a witness for his People and his contemporaries for those who accept Allah, and against those who reject Him."

Quran 16:32 - those whose lives the angels take in a state of purity, saying (to them), "Peace be on you; enter ye the Garden, because of (the good) which ye did (in the world)."

Quran 42:11 - (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).

So you realize that, the spiritual nature of man women are same in Islam.

Quran 15:29 - "When I have fashioned him and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."

Quran 32:9 - (remember Allah breathed into Adam and Eve). But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!

Quran 17:70 - (male and female) We have honoured the sons of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure;
and conferred on them special favours, above a great part of Our Creation.

Quran 4:1 - respect the womb that bore you
Quran 31:14 - be kind to parents
Quran 46:15 - be kind to parents.
We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth.
The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, "O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou has bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam."

So you realize that pregnancy has uplifted woman in Islam. It does not degrade her.

Quran 49:13 - all human created from single pair of male and female and divided you into nations and tribes so that you shall recognize each other, not to dispuse each other. The most honoured in the sight of Allah is the most righteuos, cast, colour, sex, wealth has no creteria in Islam. The only cretaria in the sight of Allah is tagwa (rigteuosness). Neither is sex a cretaria for Allh to reward or punish a person.

Quran 3:195 - ALlah says He won't suffer by loss of any of you (male or female). This verse indicates that spriritual duties for men and women in Islam are the same.

SO you realize that both man and woman have to believe, to pray, to fast, give zakat etc

But women have been given certain concession in Islam: if she's undergoing pregnancy or menstrual period, she does not have to fast. In fact, during menstruation period, she need not pray also.

So you realize that the moral duties of men and women in Islam are equal.

3. Social rights
a). Social rights given to a daughter. Killing of female child is prohibited in Islam.
Quran 81:8-9 - When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned. For what crime she was killed;
Quran 6:151 - kill not the children
Quran 17:31 - kill not children

Other cultures like India and China abort their female fetus every year.

In Islam, a daughter should be brought up correctly.
There is hadith which says anyone who brings up two daughters in good care, love and affection, will be given mercy on the day of judgment. Another hadith says that anyone who brings up children properly, love and affection will enter paradise. In Islam, there's no partiality in bringing up daughter or son.

b). Social rights of wife
Islam refers to woman as fortress against the devil
If a good woman marries a man, she prevents him from going on the wrong path and keeps him on correct path.
There's an hadith which says, the Prophet ordained the young men who have means to marry, they should marry and lower there gaze and guard modesty.
There's another hadith which says anyone who marry completes half his din: when you marry, it shields you from promiscuity, fornication, homosexuality, which leads to sin and fall.

Only when you marry you have opportunity to be husband or wife, to have children.

Quran says We have put love in the hearts of man and woman.
Quran 30:21 - love in the heart
Quran 4:21 - marriage is sacred contract
Quran 4:19 - don't inherit women against their will
Permission to marry requires consent of both man and woman. Not even her father can force her daughter to marry.

In Islam, if a woman is more occupied at home, she's considered as homemaker. We don't say housewife in Islam.

In Islam, a woman is not married to a master that to be treated like a slave, she's married to her equal.

There's hadith which says that most perfect of believers are those that are best in character & behaviour to family & wife.

Islam gives equal rights to woman and man in all aspects except leadership in the family.
Quran 2:228 - woman has been given rights, except men have a degree higher.
Quran 4:34 - Man is protector and maintenance of women (coz Allah has given one of them more strength & means)

People say degree means superiority.
Actually, it means higher degree in responsibility, not superiority.
Quran 2:187 - your wives are your garments & you're their garments (garment are used to conceal and beautify)
Husband and wife should conceal each other's faults & beautify each other.
Quran 4:19 - treat your wife with equity & kindlness, even you dislike her.

So you realize that the rights of the wife are equal to those of the husband in Islam

c). Social rights of a mother
The only thing above respect to mother is the worship of Allah.
Quran 17:23-24 - worship none but Allah & be kind to your parents.
Quran 4:1 - respect womb that bore you
Quran 6:151 - be kind to your parents
Quran 31:14 - be kind to your parents
Quran 46:15 - be kind to your parents, in pain she gave birth to you

There's hadith that says, paradise lies at the feet of the mother. It means after you fulfill your duties to Allah, if you respect, kind, honour your mohter, you shall enter paradise.

There's hadith that says a man once asked the prophet, who requires maximum love and respect and my companionship in this world. Prophet relied, your mother. Who's next, your mother. Who's next, your mother, Who's next, your mother. The man asked for the fourth time, who's next, the prophet replied your father. 75% of love & respect goes to mother, 25% goes to father.

d). Social rights of a sister
Quran 9:71 - men and women are supporters and maintainers of each other.

4. Educational rights
Quran 96:1-5 - Read, recite, proclaim in the name of Allah, who hs created man and woman, who has taught human through pen and paper.
The first guidance from Quran to human kind was not to pray, not to give charity, not to fast, but it was to read. Islam give utmost to education, both man and woman. The prophet ordained the parents to give education to daughters. And after she is married, it was the duty of husband to give her education. There's hadith which says women one day women asked prophet why he surrounds himself with men, and if he will allow them to ask him questions. Prophet allowed this and sent many swahaba to give women education. Imagine 1400 years ago when women were ill-treated, only used, Islam asked women to be educated!

We have many examples of women scholars
Example is Aisha. She gave guidance even to the sahabas (companions of the prophet). One famous student said he had not seen any greater scholar than Aisha in field of Quran, obligatory duties, lawful and unlawful matters, literature and poetry, Arabic history field of math e.g. inheritance. She narrated many hadiths. She was the most intellectual woman of that time.

5. Legal rights given to women in Islam
According to Islamic law, men and women are equal.
The sharia protect the life and property of man and woman both.
If a man murders a woman, he too will receive a harsh punishment, capital punishment according to (Quran 2:178-179).
As for thief, man or woman, cut off hand (Quran 5:38)
As for fornicators, man or woman, flog 100 strikes (Quran 24:2)
In Islam, woman is given right to be witness, 1400 centuries ago. In other culures, as late as 1980, Jewish rabbi were considering whether a woman should be given a right to give witness or not and Islam gave that right 1400 years ago

In Islam, when woman marries, she has option of either adopting her husband name or maintaining maiden name, which is recommended in Islam. In other cusltures, when a lady marries, she normally adopts name of her husband.

6. Political rights:
Quran 9:71 - men and women are supporters of each other. Not only socially or economically, but also politically. Islam gives woman right to vote.
Quran 60:12 - when women come to you for democratic proposal, listen.

Women can take part in lawmaking.
There's hadith, swahabas were discussing and considering putting upper limit on dowry, since young men were being discourage from getting married.
A woman from backseat, objected and said when Allah says in Quran 4:20 that you can give a heap of gold, with no limit, who's Omar to put a limit.
Immediately, the head of state at the time said Omar is wrong, and woman is right.
She was a common lady, even a common lady can object the head of state.
This means she's objecting the breach of constitution in this case the Quran.

Women in the battle field. In normal circumstance, the woman should not go to battle field. Only when required by necessity, the woman is allowed to go to battle field. But they should maintain Islam hijab and modesty.
Swenani
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:16:55 PM

@Alphadoti,Summarize your post please!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Atalaku
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:29:51 PM

Swenani wrote:

The information is highly customised...with purpose, target audience well stated Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . So you are out of order.
AlphDoti
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:40:24 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Swenani wrote:

The information is highly customised...with purpose, target audience well stated Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . So you are out of order.

@swenani, the long version is for @atalaku. For you, I had already summarized in 6 points in my post #7 point no.3
AlphDoti
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:48:55 PM

Atalaku wrote:

@Atalaku, you promised to mention me in your research paper, did you?