wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Yet another project: (9 family 2bed/1bath) 10m budget
Wa_ithaka
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:23:48 AM

How much was the phase three? Were you within 600m?

Surething wrote:
webish wrote:
Tara wrote:
Any updates on this project?

Quite eager as well. smile

Was immensely encouraged by @pennystocker's previous project to finally take the plunge this year with a two storey 6 unit apartment block (3 bedroom, 2 Bath) on part of half an acre in one of the county headquarters in western kenya. Plan approval at the county just completed after an inordinately long wait, now on to NEMA then NCA. Hoping to break ground in early January. Meanwhile been keeping myself busy: fenced,built a pit latrine, put in a water & three phase electricity connection, built a tank base and installed a 10k litre tank, built a septic tank, soak pit and store..... Currently manufacturing cement blocks on site and tending to the landscape in areas not being affected by building works and planning to sink a shallow well to supplement the irregular kanjo supply to the 10,000 litre tank which will be of immense benefit when construction commences. Having done the math, these days I just shake my head when I see people forking out 10's of millions for a single not particularly well done unit.

The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Surething
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:19:28 PM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
How much was the phase three? Were you within 600m?

Surething wrote:
webish wrote:
Tara wrote:
Any updates on this project?

Quite eager as well. smile

Was immensely encouraged by @pennystocker's previous project to finally take the plunge this year with a two storey 6 unit apartment block (3 bedroom, 2 Bath) on part of half an acre in one of the county headquarters in western kenya. Plan approval at the county just completed after an inordinately long wait, now on to NEMA then NCA. Hoping to break ground in early January. Meanwhile been keeping myself busy: fenced,built a pit latrine, put in a water & three phase electricity connection, built a tank base and installed a 10k litre tank, built a septic tank, soak pit and store..... Currently manufacturing cement blocks on site and tending to the landscape in areas not being affected by building works and planning to sink a shallow well to supplement the irregular kanjo supply to the 10,000 litre tank which will be of immense benefit when construction commences. Having done the math, these days I just shake my head when I see people forking out 10's of millions for a single not particularly well done unit.

I am within the 600 meter range but the line was abit far as in four poles and many complications regarding wayleaves so cost me 140k.
tony stark
#23 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 7:55:57 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
@Penny-Stocker

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Good job bro.

I also have a plan to do rentals at some point (Cash only. No mortgage!) and you will definitely be one of the people I will be talking to before embarking on the project. Nothing beats hands on experience! And there is no better advice than from someone with no vested interests.

All the best in your next project. I am sure this one will be much smoother - with all the acquired experience!

Nothing beats hands on experience! And there is no better advice than from someone with no vested interests. .... So penny-stocker should do Volunteer work because you don't want to pay for advice?? Advice that has no cost usually has no value! Lima jamaa!
Pat87
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:25:42 AM

[quote=Penny-Stocker]
Ebenyo wrote:
Good work bro.After you finish building,do you sell them or do you rent them out? what was your start up capital?

I rent them out. My seed capital was a second mortgage on my house....which I paid off soon after. [/quote]

I am here in US too about to undertake a project in Ndori in May and i don't even know where to start.
Email me on ayietac@yahoo.com,we exchange numbers we talk yawa!,seeing is believing and that project you did in Mamboleo is amazing,i will truly appreciate.
β€œAn asset is something that puts money in my pocket. A liability is something that takes money out of my pocket.”
― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Black Swan
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 04, 2017 2:33:02 PM

Having been the ''mother of all procrastinatörs'' in the world, I solely signed up just to be able to get in touch with @Penny-stocker.I loved his other project and actually bookmarked the link to remind myself of the dream 'am chasing....(I have been a wazua silènt guest follower for 10 years)!

Now that course is set, please email me at The_black_swan at yahoo (dot) com, or alternatively kindly provide your e-address.I need some guidance.
obiero
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 04, 2017 6:18:24 PM

Black Swan wrote:
Having been the ''mother of all procrastinatörs'' in the world, I solely signed up just to be able to get in touch with @Penny-stocker.I loved his other project and actually bookmarked the link to remind myself of the dream 'am chasing....(I have been a wazua silènt guest follower for 10 years)!

Now that course is set, please email me at The_black_swan at yahoo (dot) com, or alternatively kindly provide your e-address.I need some guidance.

10 years jamani.. Ungeanza na ombi ya kuombewa.. All the same, karibu wazua

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Black Swan
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 11:16:20 AM

obiero wrote:
Black Swan wrote:

@obiero acha tu! Like i virtually know all the elders -i have been religiously checking and browsing wazua pages everyday..for the last 10 years!Not only do i need prayers but also a medal.
webish
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:35:45 AM

2017 is gone. Sad Sad
Hopefully @Penny-Stocker will give us an Update on this Project this year.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Stiffler
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:41:59 PM

webish wrote:
2017 is gone. Sad Sad

Aye- Aye
Ditto
Stiffler
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:45:46 PM

Stiffler wrote:
webish wrote:
2017 is gone. Sad Sad

Aye- Aye
Ditto

@Penny-Stocker was online in 2016 though ....
obiero
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 9:43:36 AM

Anyone else who wonders what happened to @pennystocker

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
tony stark
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 10:21:20 AM

Black Swan wrote:
obiero wrote:
Black Swan wrote:

@obiero acha tu! Like i virtually know all the elders -i have been religiously checking and browsing wazua pages everyday..for the last 10 years!Not only do i need prayers but also a medal.

Today is my Nostalgia day. I have been in StocksKenya for a while now. Today i switched of my Adblocker for wazua and clicked on the Wazua Ads. Wacha nirudishe kidogo!