wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
International racism
masukuma
#41 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 2:54:30 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Aren't we a tad sensitive about our blackness, I view such adverts with amusement.

Clearly the audience are mostly ignorant and will probably never interact with a black person so obviously the intention is not to practice racism.

As there are no black people, there are obviously no racist.

Africans should be more confident of their skin colour to reduce the perceived incidence of racist perceptions.

I think its because of socialization and culture.... even our lingo betrays us.. Kutoa tint! rangi ya thao.. yellow yellow e.t.c.
Check out this video

But it's work in progress! we will get there!! think about it... how many african songs do you see white girls dancing there in? it's ingrained and thus the sensitivity!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
sitaki.kujulikana
#42 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 3:52:57 PM

masukuma wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Aren't we a tad sensitive about our blackness, I view such adverts with amusement.

Clearly the audience are mostly ignorant and will probably never interact with a black person so obviously the intention is not to practice racism.

As there are no black people, there are obviously no racist.

Africans should be more confident of their skin colour to reduce the perceived incidence of racist perceptions.

I think its because of socialization and culture.... even our lingo betrays us.. Kutoa tint! rangi ya thao.. yellow yellow e.t.c.
Check out this video

But it's work in progress! we will get there!! think about it... how many african songs do you see white girls dancing there in? it's ingrained and thus the sensitivity!

I think in general the white race is more advanced, thus you rarely see them in bad situations, of course if a kids mostly sees black brothers doing crime, or some black guys in africa during droughts, of course that is a negative an they do not want negatives, if they were raised seeing white people doing crime and in poor filthy conditions they would mostly associate white with bad.
harrydre
#43 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 3:30:00 PM

harrydre
#44 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 2:46:14 AM

The mother sees nothing wrong with the ad!

To her, I quote Harriet Tubman

i.am.back!!!!
Swenani
#45 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 4:05:46 PM

ION, Is the "boundary" between "Europe continent" and "Asian Continent" based on racism?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
masukuma
#46 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 4:57:46 PM

Swenani wrote:
ION, Is the "boundary" between "Europe continent" and "Asian Continent" based on racism?

not really...https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Minor
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Swenani
#47 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 6:07:25 PM

masukuma wrote:
Swenani wrote:

not really...https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Minor

Quote:
continents are understood to be large, continuous, discrete masses of land, ideally separated by expanses of water

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tycho
#48 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 6:18:08 PM

Where is Russia, Europe or Asia?

How about Israel?
Angelica _ann
#49 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 7:11:12 PM

tycho wrote:

How about Israel?

By the way Israel is in which continent?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Lolest!
#50 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 7:36:35 PM

@angelica, Israel is in Asia but plays football in Europe because
Quote:
Israel began competing in the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) in 1954 despite significant opposition from some existing members.

A number of Muslim states refused to play against the new national side, which culminated in the bizarre spectacle of the 1958 World Cup qualifying stage for Asia and Africa - won by Israel without playing a single game.

FIFA, determined to avoid the embarrassment of a country qualifying for the fledgling international tournament without kicking a ball, arranged a play-off with Wales.

Israel duly lost the two-legged tie, suffering 2-0 defeats at home and away.

Six years later, Israel hosted and won the 1964 AFC Asian Cup, which remains the country's sole international football trophy.

However, the achievement was arguably undermined by the pre-tournament withdrawal of 11 of the 16 intended participating countries.

Israel triumphed with just three wins, against India, South Korea and Hong Kong.

An official video history of the competition released by the AFC in January 2015 omitted any mention of the 1964 tournament.

After qualifying for its first and only World Cup in 1970, Israel began a 20-year period in the relative international wilderness when it was excluded from AFC tournaments from 1974.

It came at a time of increased hostility in the region towards Israel, which had been at war with all its neighbouring countries in both 1967, when Israel launched a pre-emptive war and captured the Jordan-controlled West Bank and the old city of Jerusalem, the Syrian Golan Heights and the Egyptian Sinai peninsula, and in the 1973 Yom Kippur War that saw it successfully defend its occupation of those territories.

A motion initiated by Kuwait during the 1974 Asian Games, where the oil-rich state and North Korea both refused to play against Israel, saw the country expelled from the AFC.

The national side played in the European qualifiers for the 1982 World Cup, before joining Oceania's qualification stage for the next two tournaments.

Israeli clubs began taking part in European club competitions in 1991 and its football association became full UEFA members in 1994 - having famously beaten France in a 1993 World Cup qualifier.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
tycho
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:02:37 AM

Who names the continents?
Shak
#52 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:40:20 PM

harrydre wrote:
The mother sees nothing wrong with the ad!

To her, I quote Harriet Tubman

The parents are Kenyan. SMH
limanika
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:19:44 PM

tycho wrote:

How about Israel?

Good question...And That reminds me when Morocco wanted to apply join European Union. Not sure if they did. Many North African countries-Egypt, Tunisia, believe they are more 'European' than 'african'
harrydre
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:25:47 PM

This has now gone global. The stereotypes!

i.am.back!!!!
Dahatre
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:28:20 PM

harrydre wrote:
This has now gone global. The stereotypes!

f*** white people
gk
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:46:36 PM

limanika wrote:
tycho wrote:

How about Israel?

Good question...And That reminds me when Morocco wanted to apply join European Union. Not sure if they did. Many North African countries-Egypt, Tunisia, believe they are more 'European' than 'african'

Long ago Russia straddled 3 continents before they sold Alaska to the US around 1870.
harrydre
#57 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:21:27 PM

#58 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:38:30 PM

You know I've worked with Chinese. They don't even realize that they've been cultured into racism. They actually believe that they are a superior race to Africans and you can easily tell when you work with them. They can't help it and the ones who can are straight up pretending.

BBI will solve it
:)
harrydre
#59 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 6:01:18 PM

Ngai...I would be in jail right now of assault, face punching etc had this pig said these things to me

i.am.back!!!!