Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Wazuans that have lost credibility!
obiero
#61 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:00:38 PM

Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Any wazuan who has invested in cryptocurrencies has lost credibility

How? The way we're making a killing in skyrocketing multiples within hours sometimes minutes.I believe any Wazuan who is out of crypto hype and is clinging on Gorillas like KQ and stocks za retirees kama KeRe has lost not only credibility but also digital realignment.
Blockchain technology is a fresh game changer in town. Embrace it or you're doomed.

KQ seems very popular.. Every other individual keeps referring to it while discussing almost any subject

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Swenani
#62 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 3:09:22 PM

Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

How? The way we're making a killing in skyrocketing multiples within hours sometimes minutes.I believe any Wazuan who is out of crypto hype and is clinging on Gorillas like KQ and stocks za retirees kama KeRe has lost not only credibility but also digital realignment.
Blockchain technology is a fresh game changer in town. Embrace it or you're doomed.

Most people agree than BTC is a payment system yet people are buying as an investment. It's like putting 10K in mpesa and hoping the money to grow mysteriously and withdraw 15K the following day/week/month.

Unlike KQ, Kenre which have intrinsic value, what is the value of crypto?

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Mukiri
#63 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 6:15:19 PM

Swenani wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Most people agree than BTC is a payment system yet people are buying as an investment. It's like putting 10K in mpesa and hoping the money to grow mysteriously and withdraw 15K the following day/week/month.

Unlike KQ, Kenre which have intrinsic value, what is the value of crypto?

That time is yet to come. We are still in adoption phase. We'll get to realization, after the bubble bursts a few months from now. In the meantime, let people make money.

Credibility here would be lost, when the monkey (forgive my pan) upon realizing he can't reach the fruit, decided its unripe. Si wewe ndiwe unauliza kuhusu retiring sub 40?

Proverbs 19:21
VituVingiSana
#64 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:30:22 AM

sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mamilli wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
If you don't expect to lose as much as you expect to win, then you should just buy t-bills, they are nice and safe. I remember in the Bible there is also the suggestion of just burying your money in a safe place. I can guarantee you won't lose a single shilling.

i go by the school of thought that diversification is good as it minimises one exposure towards risks.
vvs,sparkly,littledove,aguytrying,angelica anne and wondergirl are some of the wazuans whom i see in that line.They are evenly diversified and i feel thats healthy.I have learnt alot from them and its been very helpful.
Sticking with just one counter like my brother obiero does is not healthy unless you want to take over the company.
My portfolio is evenly diversified currently that i sleep very well.I doubt whether you,HaMaina sleeps because of the situation with mumias.Obiero gets something extra from KQ on top of the shares he owns in that company,so its well with him.
I feel diversification is good than sticking with one company.There is no need to get ulcers when you can prevent.

@Ebenyo KQ isn't the only stock I have ever held and you know it! But if one can get ulcers from stock investment then you or that person are simply not man enough.. Hii pesa yote tutaiwacha hapa. Eclessiastes 2

In the words of warren buffet..."diversification may preserve wealth but concentration builds wealth"

Diversification is relative. In the 60s, 10-30 stocks was considered diversified but these days 30 stocks are considered concentrated https://www.irishtimes.c...olio-1.2423050?mode=amp

Berkshire Hathaway holds over 100 stocks and businesses
https://en.m.wikipedia.o...d_by_Berkshire_Hathaway

BH is worth more than a few billion dollars!
BTW, out of town but I owe you 12k... KES not $. Not forgotten.

Drool Drool waiting, I will take Mpesa, unless you want a photo op smile smile

@VVS trust that you are now back to Nairobi.

Waiting for 12k Kenyan money on 0708 733938.

Kabisa. Back on Thursday. KES 12,000 ;-)
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#65 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:33:00 AM

Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Blockchain and Bitcoin are different.
Blockchain [the process] is legit and worth pursuing.
Bitcoin is a product like many other competing cryptocurrencies. Does it have value? [Probably but the current price seems crazy high]
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#66 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:07:23 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mamilli wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
If you don't expect to lose as much as you expect to win, then you should just buy t-bills, they are nice and safe. I remember in the Bible there is also the suggestion of just burying your money in a safe place. I can guarantee you won't lose a single shilling.

i go by the school of thought that diversification is good as it minimises one exposure towards risks.
vvs,sparkly,littledove,aguytrying,angelica anne and wondergirl are some of the wazuans whom i see in that line.They are evenly diversified and i feel thats healthy.I have learnt alot from them and its been very helpful.
Sticking with just one counter like my brother obiero does is not healthy unless you want to take over the company.
My portfolio is evenly diversified currently that i sleep very well.I doubt whether you,HaMaina sleeps because of the situation with mumias.Obiero gets something extra from KQ on top of the shares he owns in that company,so its well with him.
I feel diversification is good than sticking with one company.There is no need to get ulcers when you can prevent.

@Ebenyo KQ isn't the only stock I have ever held and you know it! But if one can get ulcers from stock investment then you or that person are simply not man enough.. Hii pesa yote tutaiwacha hapa. Eclessiastes 2

In the words of warren buffet..."diversification may preserve wealth but concentration builds wealth"

Diversification is relative. In the 60s, 10-30 stocks was considered diversified but these days 30 stocks are considered concentrated https://www.irishtimes.c...olio-1.2423050?mode=amp

Surely @sparkly why squeeze the old man while you earned superior gains on your stock pick.. Unataka kula dividend zote za miaka nne from @vvs

Mukiri
#67 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 2:09:15 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Bitcoin is a product like many other competing cryptocurrencies. Does it have value? [Probably but the current price seems crazy high]

Mambo bado boss.. Mama mboga is yet to get onboard. Then, you'll know what high prices mean. This is the year to watch. If anyone doesn't make money with that information, they are probably the guys who kelele-ya-chura in the sidelines

Proverbs 19:21
sparkly
#68 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 9:55:00 AM

Mukiri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Mambo bado boss.. Mama mboga is yet to get onboard. Then, you'll know what high prices mean. This is the year to watch. If anyone doesn't make money with that information, they are probably the guys who kelele-ya-chura in the sidelines

When you are at a cannibals' party and you don't know what is on the menu Think Think my Fren you are on the menu.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#69 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 11:58:43 AM

sparkly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

When you are at a cannibals' party and you don't know what is on the menu Think Think my Fren you are on the menu.

He has already sold his stocks and a house to invest in bitcoins
obiero
#70 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 12:02:21 PM

Swenani wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Most people preaching Bitcoin don't even know what exactly it stands for

obiero
#71 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 12:11:52 PM

Swenani wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Swenani
#72 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 12:37:17 PM

obiero wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Kapsa kapsa kapsa. They don't even agree whether it's a currency,payment system , property etc
VituVingiSana
#73 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 12:47:09 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mamilli wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

Surely @sparkly why squeeze the old man while you earned superior gains on your stock pick.. Unataka kula dividend zote za miaka nne from @vvs

Don't you owe me 100k + interest? d'oh!
Nah, @sparkly won fair and square. I still do not believe that KenGen is superior to KK but the term was to end on 31 Dec 2017...
VituVingiSana
#74 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 12:49:39 PM

Mukiri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:

So do you agree it is a bubble?
Bubbles work well for those who can get out near the top. The rest of the folks are waiting to be slaughtered. Look at any of the pyramid schemes.

Anyway, good luck!