wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kiambu county - Building a home.
geofreygachie
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:49:08 PM

I am planning to build a modest 2 bedroom house in Murera area. What are the requirements before commencement of the project ie approval and challenges I might experience.Anyone with the building approval experience with the new county government in place ?
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Wakanyugi
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 7:12:16 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
I am planning to build a modest 2 bedroom house in Murera area. What are the requirements before commencement of the project ie approval and challenges I might experience.Anyone with the building approval experience with the new county government in place ?

A friend told me that things are much easier with new, YT2, regime. Kabufallo's was a horror for intending builders.

Go for it. All the best.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
hardwood
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:57:58 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

A friend told me that things are much easier with new, YT2, regime. Kabufallo's was a horror for intending builders.

Go for it. All the best.

I am a supporter of Kabogo"s over regulation. Coz without being tough the serene kiambu county will turn into another 'eastlands shithole'.
hardwood
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:32:37 PM

hardwood wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

Go for it. All the best.

I am a supporter of Kabogo"s over regulation. Coz without being tough the serene kiambu county will turn into another 'eastlands shithole'.

I was particularly happy with kabogo's order that all buildings should be built at least 1.5m (5ft) from the plot boundary. This ensured that tenants in flats had access to natural light and fresh air.
hardwood
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:36:17 PM

The west that we admire so much is the way it is due to tough building regulations. In some countries you can't even paint your house exterior without approval.
Thitifini
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:59:05 PM

I did my approval under the Kabogo era. Was quite smooth, didn't use brokers at any point.

Went for the approval one month after submission and surprisingly they were already approved.

The 1.5M distance was great for my project.....landscaping area will look wonderful all round the house.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating