wazua Sun, Dec 16, 2018
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

577 Pages«<470471472473474>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Spikes
#9421 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 11:06:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/20/2015
Posts: 2,470
Location: Mombasa
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
KQ shares, which have tripled in value since the November restructuring, jumped 5.9 percent to 17.15 shillings ($0.1666) on Thursday 11.01.2018


Bwana Obiero, these shares have not tripled in any value, there was consolidation, they should be trading at Ksh 22.00 plus to have any meaningful increase in value.

@HaMaina you are not having the full details of KQ restructuring.. Do not confuse existing minority shareholders with the share action. These are two mutually exclusive parties. The share did touch a low of KES 2.1 and a high of KES 18.5. Average KES 5.5 to current price of KES 17.5.. It has tripled albeit with absent volume.. For majority shareholders, including GoK, KQ Lenders Co Ltd and KLM, it has doubled from KES 8.52


Please explain, If I bought 10,000 Shares at the rate then of 5.50 Ksh, ( 10,000*5.50 = 55,000Ksh value) today I have 2,500 shares at 17.50 ( 2,500*17.50 = 43,750 Ksh ). Im not sure if the par value changed to cover the consolidation.

Look only at trades effected after the restructuring, consolidation and eventual relisting since the Open Offer in regards to ratio details remain relatively unknown apart from the fact that the Open Offer price will be less than KES 8.52

Ignorance of the victim is big business for the villain.
Ericsson
#9422 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 2:40:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI

Robert ALAI
‏Verified account @RobertAlai

That JKIA --- JFK route will not be profitable to @KenyaAirways. The airline sold all its cargo hungry Boeing 777-300ER for a pittance. The 777 could handle the long hauls and carry so much cargo which the 787 can't. Cargo not pax gives most airline the best mark-up on flights
obiero
#9423 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 3:39:27 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:

Robert ALAI
‏Verified account @RobertAlai

That JKIA --- JFK route will not be profitable to @KenyaAirways. The airline sold all its cargo hungry Boeing 777-300ER for a pittance. The 777 could handle the long hauls and carry so much cargo which the 787 can't. Cargo not pax gives most airline the best mark-up on flights

The CEO stated the same thing but noted that it was intentional due to ultra long haul elements. Even went as far as saying that not all luggage will travel on same day. Utaenda mbele suruali zifuate
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Ericsson
#9424 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 5:18:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....urchases-oil-prices-rise
mlennyma
#9425 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 6:35:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,872
Location: nairobi
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

i hope Kk will not be duped into that kind of monkey business being the leading jet fuel supplier
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Spikes
#9426 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 8:11:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/20/2015
Posts: 2,470
Location: Mombasa
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

Another shafting hard thro' the asshole in the offing!
KQ kwisha!
Ignorance of the victim is big business for the villain.
obiero
#9427 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:56:24 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
Hedging is a risk/price mitigation strategy
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
VituVingiSana
#9428 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:31:23 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

i hope Kk will not be duped into that kind of monkey business being the leading jet fuel supplier

KK doesn't deal with KQ unless KQ is ready to pay cash
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9429 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:17:38 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

i hope Kk will not be duped into that kind of monkey business being the leading jet fuel supplier

KK doesn't deal with KQ unless KQ is ready to pay cash

KQ has loads of cash
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
obiero
#9430 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:19:16 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
Spikes wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

Another shafting hard thro' the asshole in the offing!
KQ kwisha!

Such profanity belongs to a whore.. Please use decent language while engaging this community
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Spikes
#9431 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:40:28 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/20/2015
Posts: 2,470
Location: Mombasa
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

Another shafting hard thro' the asshole in the offing!
KQ kwisha!

Such profanity belongs to a whore.. Please use decent language while engaging this community


Wacha kunitusi in the name of KQ...You're notoriously religious! So sad...Wacha kuabudu KQ. There are many opportunities around us. Blockchain has taken over and expect massive disruption on the way things are done.
You should up your game on reading signs and times!
Ignorance of the victim is big business for the villain.
VituVingiSana
#9432 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:35:12 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 15,061
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

i hope Kk will not be duped into that kind of monkey business being the leading jet fuel supplier

KK doesn't deal with KQ unless KQ is ready to pay cash

KQ has loads of cash

And lots of debt still on the books.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9433 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 1:54:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Kenya Airways Begins Talks to Hedge its Fuel Purchases as Oil Prices Rise

Bloomberg’s Kamlesh Bhuckory reports that National carrier Kenya Airways (KQ ) has begun talks with lenders about renewing its hedging strategy to neutralize the impact of rising fuel prices.

http://kenyanwallstreet....rchases-oil-prices-rise[/quote]

i hope Kk will not be duped into that kind of monkey business being the leading jet fuel supplier

KK doesn't deal with KQ unless KQ is ready to pay cash

KQ has loads of cash

And lots of debt still on the books.

Most businesses are with debt
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Ericsson
#9434 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:25:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 5,875
Location: NAIROBI
PETROL PRICE goes up by Sh2.13 per litre starting midnight to retail at Sh106.3 while diesel goes up by Sh2.39 to retail at Sh98.82.
ArrestedDev
#9435 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 1:03:46 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/29/2016
Posts: 712
Location: Nairobi
I hope everyone saw how NYC was launched under Sebastian.Extensive media coverage followed by interviews with international media houses -BBC, CNN, CNBC Africa and the rest.
obiero
#9436 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 6:49:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
ArrestedDev wrote:
I hope everyone saw how NYC was launched under Sebastian.Extensive media coverage followed by interviews with international media houses -BBC, CNN, CNBC Africa and the rest.

Led to this https://www.businessdail...264088-gowp85/index.html
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
obiero
#9437 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 7:43:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
ArrestedDev wrote:
I hope everyone saw how NYC was launched under Sebastian.Extensive media coverage followed by interviews with international media houses -BBC, CNN, CNBC Africa and the rest.

Led to this https://www.businessdail...264088-gowp85/index.html
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
HaMaina
#9438 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:42:52 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 521
obiero wrote:
[quote=ArrestedDev]I hope everyone saw how NYC was launched under Sebastian.Extensive media coverage followed by interviews with international media houses -BBC, CNN, CNBC Africa and the rest.

Led to this https://www.businessdail...64088-gowp85/index.html[/quote]

NB:- The renewed gains of the share is welcome news for thousands of retail shareholders whose holding in the company was cut by a factor of four in the debt swap deal.

These shareholders effectively need the stock to hit at least Sh21 to break even and return their value in the company to the level it was at before the deal.

The deal meant that an additional 4.2 billion shares in the airline were issued to the creditors taking the number of issued shares to 5.68 billion, resulting in a huge rise in the airline’s market capitalisation.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#9439 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:44:59 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
I hope everyone saw how NYC was launched under Sebastian.Extensive media coverage followed by interviews with international media houses -BBC, CNN, CNBC Africa and the rest.

Led to this https://www.businessdail...64088-gowp85/index.html


NB:- The renewed gains of the share is welcome news for thousands of retail shareholders whose holding in the company was cut by a factor of four in the debt swap deal.

These shareholders effectively need the stock to hit at least Sh21 to break even and return their value in the company to the level it was at before the deal.

The deal meant that an additional 4.2 billion shares in the airline were issued to the creditors taking the number of issued shares to 5.68 billion, resulting in a huge rise in the airline’s market capitalisation.

Open Offer circular is on the way
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
obiero
#9440 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:17:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 10,937
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
I hope everyone saw how NYC was launched under Sebastian.Extensive media coverage followed by interviews with international media houses -BBC, CNN, CNBC Africa and the rest.

Led to this https://www.businessdail...64088-gowp85/index.html


NB:- The renewed gains of the share is welcome news for thousands of retail shareholders whose holding in the company was cut by a factor of four in the debt swap deal.

These shareholders effectively need the stock to hit at least Sh21 to break even and return their value in the company to the level it was at before the deal.

The deal meant that an additional 4.2 billion shares in the airline were issued to the creditors taking the number of issued shares to 5.68 billion, resulting in a huge rise in the airline’s market capitalisation.

Open Offer circular is on the way

The good news keeps flowing.. Delta Airlines and KQ in advanced discussions on a codeshare https://www.businessdail...65520-1vw1ewz/index.html
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual
Users browsing this topic
Guest (8)
577 Pages«<470471472473474>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.