wazua Sun, Jun 24, 2018
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
NEVEREADY will soar in Njaanuary
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 5:24:47 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
As soon as results are out.
Notice:
1. No profit warning late last year
2. Cleared their nasty debts after Nakuru land sale
3. Paid a juicy long overdue ksh 1 per share dividend as a result of said land sale
4. Finally ditched their partnership with Energizer which was a suicide deal over which they had little local pricing control. Applause
5. My informal assessments show that Turbo batteries are doing very well. Clorox too. Wish I could say the same for Everclear though. Can't find it on shelves.
6. Selling crazy levels below book value. If they declare a profit, small shareholders kama sisi will finally be able to buy that ka 1/8th mugunda in Joska we been dreamin' bout to escape this crushing poverty of ours.

"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



sparkly
#2 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 7:57:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,961
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
MugundaMan wrote:
As soon as results are out.
Notice:
1. No profit warning late last year
2. Cleared their nasty debts after Nakuru land sale
3. Paid a juicy long overdue ksh 1 per share dividend as a result of said land sale
4. Finally ditched their partnership with Energizer which was a suicide deal over which they had little local pricing control. Applause
5. My informal assessments show that Turbo batteries are doing very well. Clorox too. Wish I could say the same for Everclear though. Can't find it on shelves.
6. Selling crazy levels below book value. If they declare a profit, small shareholders kama sisi will finally be able to buy that ka 1/8th mugunda in Joska we been dreamin' bout to escape this crushing poverty of ours.



Lol their best days are behind them. Company being scavenged and will be buried sooner than later.

I am deeply disturbed by the fact that they missed on new energy ... Solar, wind, lithium ion.
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#3 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 9:34:37 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
sparkly wrote:

Lol their best days are behind them. Company being scavenged and will be buried sooner than later.

I am deeply disturbed by the fact that they missed on new energy ... Solar, wind, lithium ion.


Sparkly,
In 2006 when they IPO'd and the stock dropped like a stone, that's exactly what everybody said. That NEVEREADY would be buried "soon." Ten years on it's still standing despite extremely choppy waters over the past decade. When they declared a long overdue profit and paid their juicy dividend last year, some of us almost danced in jubilation like Wodu Wakiri. Patience had paid off. Nothing can really replace the low cost, portability and convenience of the dry cell (and/or alkaline) battery IMHO. New energy is still too costly to compete with a dry cell in Juma's radio in Kilifi. Especially in a not so affluent country like Kenya. It's worth a gamble for risk takers. Let's see what they declare later this month. If it's a profit, which I believe it will be, watch it double in price on the same same day (like it did during the special dividend results last year). Bottom line, we should know very, very soon.
"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 10:28:52 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 14,164
Location: Nairobi
Bandia firm...
Perhaps good for speculation but I doubt it is worth "investing" in for the next 5 years.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#5 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 11:31:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,961
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Lol their best days are behind them. Company being scavenged and will be buried sooner than later.

I am deeply disturbed by the fact that they missed on new energy ... Solar, wind, lithium ion.


Sparkly,
In 2006 when they IPO'd and the stock dropped like a stone, that's exactly what everybody said. That NEVEREADY would be buried "soon." Ten years on it's still standing despite extremely choppy waters over the past decade. When they declared a long overdue profit and paid their juicy dividend last year, some of us almost danced in jubilation like Wodu Wakiri. Patience had paid off. Nothing can really replace the low cost, portability and convenience of the dry cell (and/or alkaline) battery IMHO. New energy is still too costly to compete with a dry cell in Juma's radio in Kilifi. Especially in a not so affluent country like Kenya. It's worth a gamble for risk takers. Let's see what they declare later this month. If it's a profit, which I believe it will be, watch it double in price on the same same day (like it did during the special dividend results last year). Bottom line, we should know very, very soon.


You are a young man. You need to sit down with wazees like @VVS and myself, buy some throat lubricant so that we can tell you about our (mis)adventures in Neveready, Olympia and other monkeys.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 11:50:47 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 14,164
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Lol their best days are behind them. Company being scavenged and will be buried sooner than later.

I am deeply disturbed by the fact that they missed on new energy ... Solar, wind, lithium ion.


Sparkly,
In 2006 when they IPO'd and the stock dropped like a stone, that's exactly what everybody said. That NEVEREADY would be buried "soon." Ten years on it's still standing despite extremely choppy waters over the past decade. When they declared a long overdue profit and paid their juicy dividend last year, some of us almost danced in jubilation like Wodu Wakiri. Patience had paid off. Nothing can really replace the low cost, portability and convenience of the dry cell (and/or alkaline) battery IMHO. New energy is still too costly to compete with a dry cell in Juma's radio in Kilifi. Especially in a not so affluent country like Kenya. It's worth a gamble for risk takers. Let's see what they declare later this month. If it's a profit, which I believe it will be, watch it double in price on the same same day (like it did during the special dividend results last year). Bottom line, we should know very, very soon.


You are a young man. You need to sit down with wazees like @VVS and myself, buy some throat lubricant so that we can tell you about our (mis)adventures in Neveready, Olympia and other monkeys.

KQ, ADSS, Sameer, etc
I never trusted Merali so I didn't really care about Firestone/Sameer and Neveready but I did take a haircut on KQ, Olympia and ADSS... Luckily, I realized my error and cut my losses on both!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
MugundaMan
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:37:20 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
Sparkly & VVS,

I hope you are not trying to imply that

1. A stock price's past performance somehow is a predictor of future performance
2. Or that age and/or number of monkeys (or gorillas) regrettably purchased over the decades somehow imbues special wisdom unavailable to "vijanaa" like yours truly Angel

Graham, the main mentor of the man you quote in your signature, would roll over in shock in his grave at this insinuation.

EVEREADY is turning the corner. Even if the profits do not roar this month, long term, if the reforms they have enacted pick pace, it's a good speculative buy. Those who tasted the dividend and got in when it was scraping below 2 kshs a share are truly smiling all the way to the bank. Let's see how it goes though. Warm regards.


"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



sparkly
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:10:21 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,961
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
MugundaMan wrote:
Sparkly & VVS,

I hope you are not trying to imply that

1. A stock price's past performance somehow is a predictor of future performance
2. Or that age and/or number of monkeys (or gorillas) regrettably purchased over the decades somehow imbues special wisdom unavailable to "vijanaa" like yours truly Angel

Graham, the main mentor of the man you quote in your signature, would roll over in shock in his grave at this insinuation.

EVEREADY is turning the corner. Even if the profits do not roar this month, long term, if the reforms they have enacted pick pace, it's a good speculative buy. Those who tasted the dividend and got in when it was scraping below 2 kshs a share are truly smiling all the way to the bank. Let's see how it goes though. Warm regards.




1. You are welcome to try your hand young turk.

2. Nevertheless let me share my experience. I participated in the IPO in 2006 at 9.50 per share. Didn't get my full application since the offer was oversubscribed by 733%.

3. I held on to my measly holdings for about 4 years during which period I believe I received dividends of 20 cents in total.

4. I sold off the said measly holdings for ~4.75 per share to cut my losses and put the cash in better stocks.

5. 7 Years after I sold, the share is still trading at 2.35.

6. Why did i sell at a loss 7 years ago? It's because i read instructive literature on investments including "The Intelligent Investor" and realized Eveready was going nowhere but down. The very reason that the Americans divested is because the company had no future.

7. That's my experience, wisdom or lack thereof spanning 11 years but you are welcome to accumulate more experience for the guys who will come after you.

8. By the way if you invested KShs 1,000 in Eveready in 2006 it is worth KShs 247 today without considering inflation but if you invested the same amount in a corporate bond paying 10% interest the same is worth KShs 2,853 today.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:31:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 9,207
Location: nairobi
sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Sparkly & VVS,

I hope you are not trying to imply that

1. A stock price's past performance somehow is a predictor of future performance
2. Or that age and/or number of monkeys (or gorillas) regrettably purchased over the decades somehow imbues special wisdom unavailable to "vijanaa" like yours truly Angel

Graham, the main mentor of the man you quote in your signature, would roll over in shock in his grave at this insinuation.

EVEREADY is turning the corner. Even if the profits do not roar this month, long term, if the reforms they have enacted pick pace, it's a good speculative buy. Those who tasted the dividend and got in when it was scraping below 2 kshs a share are truly smiling all the way to the bank. Let's see how it goes though. Warm regards.




1. You are welcome to try your hand young turk.

2. Nevertheless let me share my experience. I participated in the IPO in 2006 at 9.50 per share. Didn't get my full application since the offer was oversubscribed by 733%.

3. I held on to my measly holdings for about 4 years during which period I believe I received dividends of 20 cents in total.

4. I sold off the said measly holdings for ~4.75 per share to cut my losses and put the cash in better stocks.

5. 7 Years after I sold, the share is still trading at 2.35.

6. Why did i sell at a loss 7 years ago? It's because i read instructive literature on investments including "The Intelligent Investor" and realized Eveready was going nowhere but down. The very reason that the Americans divested is because the company had no future.

7. That's my experience, wisdom or lack thereof spanning 11 years but you are welcome to accumulate more experience for the guys who will come after you.

Buying such a little monkey in the first place was the mistake itself.. If you have to buy a monkey ensure its well fed and in government quarters
DISCLAIMER: @obiero, MBA-MIS, CISA. Opinionated, owner of www.winda.co.ke. Aims to be factual and logical..
MugundaMan
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:54:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
sparkly wrote:


1. You are welcome to try your hand young turk.

2. Nevertheless let me share my experience. I participated in the IPO in 2006 at 9.50 per share. Didn't get my full application since the offer was oversubscribed by 733%.

3. I held on to my measly holdings for about 4 years during which period I believe I received dividends of 20 cents in total.

4. I sold off the said measly holdings for ~4.75 per share to cut my losses and put the cash in better stocks.

5. 7 Years after I sold, the share is still trading at 2.35.

6. Why did i sell at a loss 7 years ago? It's because i read instructive literature on investments including "The Intelligent Investor" and realized Eveready was going nowhere but down. The very reason that the Americans divested is because the company had no future.

7. That's my experience, wisdom or lack thereof spanning 11 years but you are welcome to accumulate more experience for the guys who will come after you.

8. By the way if you invested KShs 1,000 in Eveready in 2006 it is worth KShs 247 today without considering inflation but if you invested the same amount in a corporate bond paying 10% interest the same is worth KShs 2,853 today.


Sparkly,

Nobody is denying that EVRD has had its litany of woes. It has. You simply got in at the wrong time, brother. I was one of the doomsayers on this stock until a few years ago. I'm fully aware of all the troubles the company has gone through. I would not have touched this thing with a ten foot pole up until the true nature of their troubles - the suicide deal with Energizer - that made it impossible to compete with the flood of cheap Chinese imports, came out in the open. Besides the crazy low book value per share, I figured something interesting was happening here if they could succeed in ditching the suicide deal (which they did). And since they could not beat the Chinese, they joined them. Convinced it was worth a risk, I bought in slowly with time at an average cost of a little over ksh 2.05 or so. Then came the good news of the dividend after the land sale. I literally made half my money back overnight. Depending on how these results go I may accumulate even more shares. Bottom line, I am not selling this baby for the next ten years. Worth the gamble IMHO. Let's just pray that going forward, I don't have an experience like yours thoughDrool .

"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



sparkly
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 3:26:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,961
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:


1. You are welcome to try your hand young turk.

2. Nevertheless let me share my experience. I participated in the IPO in 2006 at 9.50 per share. Didn't get my full application since the offer was oversubscribed by 733%.

3. I held on to my measly holdings for about 4 years during which period I believe I received dividends of 20 cents in total.

4. I sold off the said measly holdings for ~4.75 per share to cut my losses and put the cash in better stocks.

5. 7 Years after I sold, the share is still trading at 2.35.

6. Why did i sell at a loss 7 years ago? It's because i read instructive literature on investments including "The Intelligent Investor" and realized Eveready was going nowhere but down. The very reason that the Americans divested is because the company had no future.

7. That's my experience, wisdom or lack thereof spanning 11 years but you are welcome to accumulate more experience for the guys who will come after you.

8. By the way if you invested KShs 1,000 in Eveready in 2006 it is worth KShs 247 today without considering inflation but if you invested the same amount in a corporate bond paying 10% interest the same is worth KShs 2,853 today.


Sparkly,

Nobody is denying that EVRD has had its litany of woes. It has. You simply got in at the wrong time, brother. I was one of the doomsayers on this stock until a few years ago. I'm fully aware of all the troubles the company has gone through. I would not have touched this thing with a ten foot pole up until the true nature of their troubles - the suicide deal with Energizer - that made it impossible to compete with the flood of cheap Chinese imports, came out in the open. Besides the crazy low book value per share, I figured something interesting was happening here if they could succeed in ditching the suicide deal (which they did). And since they could not beat the Chinese, they joined them. Convinced it was worth a risk, I bought in slowly with time at an average cost of a little over ksh 2.05 or so. Then came the good news of the dividend after the land sale. I literally made half my money back overnight. Depending on how these results go I may accumulate even more shares. Bottom line, I am not selling this baby for the next ten years. Worth the gamble IMHO. Let's just pray that going forward, I don't have an experience like yours thoughDrool .



All the best.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:37:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 5,961
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Beware of the risks in trading penny stocks
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:30:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
Sparkly,
Guess which Wazooan is smiling ear to ear today over a certain "penny stock."
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly.

After well over a decade of losses, EVRD has finally delivered!!Applause

I am buying more starting kesho. This thing is just at the beginning of a long term boom. Thank you EVRD for a job well done!

"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



Ericsson
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:51:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 4,829
Location: NAIROBI
MugundaMan wrote:
Sparkly,
Guess which Wazooan is smiling ear to ear today over a certain "penny stock."
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly.

After well over a decade of losses, EVRD has finally delivered!!Applause

I am buying more starting kesho. This thing is just at the beginning of a long term boom. Thank you EVRD for a job well done!



Profit boosted by sale of assets
MugundaMan
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:55:28 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
Ericsson wrote:

Profit boosted by sale of assets


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Evidence?
Land sale was completed kitaaambo.
"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



murchr
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:57:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 12,764
MugundaMan wrote:
Sparkly,
Guess which Wazooan is smiling ear to ear today over a certain "penny stock."
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly.

After well over a decade of losses, EVRD has finally delivered!!Applause

I am buying more starting kesho. This thing is just at the beginning of a long term boom. Thank you EVRD for a job well done!




Joke of the year Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly for these and other jokes sms 0131, again sms 0131
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Angelica _ann
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:02:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 8,635
Where are the full financial statements?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MugundaMan
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:02:30 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
Indeed, a very funny joke given the roaring profit posted from OPERATIONS for the first time in over a decade! I'm definitely laughing all the way to my CDS account Laughing out loudly
Let's wait for full details kesho..no wonder EVRD was soaring today like a nonsense.
"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



MugundaMan
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:05:11 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/8/2018
Posts: 163
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where are the full financial statements?


Should be out kesho, we hope!
"The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."
~ Genesis 2:15



Ericsson
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:18:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 4,829
Location: NAIROBI
MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Where are the full financial statements?


Should be out kesho, we hope!

It was in today's dailies
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.