wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
cheapest shipping from UK to Kenya
murchr
#21 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 11:18:29 PM

murchr wrote:
What are the customs charges for imports such as floor tiles, sinks, etc etc?

Kysse aka essyK or anyone knowledgeable out there
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
lekamu
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:42:32 AM

murchr wrote:
murchr wrote:

Also interested in knowing this.
Only Fools Have No Plan B
snifadog
#23 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 7:19:32 AM

tried out kote cargo last year in September. these folks lost my packages on multiple occasions here in Nairobi. luckily they agreed to refund the cash value of the goods. todate I am still waiting for that refund i don't know if it's been eaten by someone somewhere. the staff in the Nairobi don't seem to care about the business at all. i have been using mallforafrica, so far so good, they seem to take service seriously.
Chaka
#24 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 10:14:18 AM

So its like they have not insured the items against loss/damage?
snifadog wrote:
tried out kote cargo last year in September. these folks lost my packages on multiple occasions here in Nairobi. luckily they agreed to refund the cash value of the goods. todate I am still waiting for that refund i don't know if it's been eaten by someone somewhere. the staff in the Nairobi don't seem to care about the business at all. i have been using mallforafrica, so far so good, they seem to take service seriously.

snifadog
#25 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 11:54:15 AM

they need to take insurance, from what one of the staff told me they owe some customers close to 100k
Ash Ock
#26 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 3:37:03 PM

snifadog wrote:

I almost used them last year for a big consignment, even going to their office off Karen road. When I started having difficulties reaching their boss (forgot his name), I bailed. He called me a few days later and I told him his customer service was lacking. I dodged a bullet there.

They're a scam and are currently using these names:

https://cargoimara.co.ke
https://aircargo.co.ke
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Chaka
#27 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 3:51:48 PM

I think I read somewhere that their office was at westlands area?How did you get to know about their other names?

Ash Ock wrote:

I almost used them last year for a big consignment, even going to their office off Karen road. When I started having difficulties reaching their boss (forgot his name), I bailed. He called me a few days later and I told him his customer service was lacking. I dodged a bullet there.

Ash Ock
#28 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 3:56:59 PM

Chaka wrote:
I think I read somewhere that their office was at westlands area?How did you get to know about their other names?

Ash Ock wrote:

Somehow, I got a sixth sense which sometimes works. Talking to the boss on the phone set off alarm bells and I started looking around (for example, I found they'd deleted their FB page after too many complaints). That's how I figured they're downright crooks.

Google was my friend.

Edit: by the time I heard about them in September last year, they'd already moved from Westlands to Karen. That's the office I went to.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
snifadog
#29 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 4:26:32 PM

to their credit, they refunded me a part of the money November last year and told me to wait for the balance which has never come 3 months on. calls and emails are unanswered so I have given up on that. live and learn
essyk
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2018 12:17:26 AM

lekamu wrote:
murchr wrote:
murchr wrote:

Also interested in knowing this.

Post the HS CODE.
There are different varieties of such items each with its own tariff.

Also note that cheap is expensive in the long run.
A number of briefcase forwaders and agents are experts in avoiding KRA/KEBS.
This is why they will not give you detailed information or actual paperwork to follow up incase your goods have defects and you need to ship them back.
They protect their licenses at all cost.
You cannot go to KRA either since that would be suicidal.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.