wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages<1234>»
2018 Best Stock To Own......What's Your Prediction?
Ericsson
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 7:55:39 PM

Safaricom may clock 35
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 4:37:06 PM

Uchumi supermarket
sparkly
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 6:42:49 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket

I would rather start my own kiosk/ duka. Will perform better.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Afroblk
#24 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 11:44:31 AM

1) Home Afrika - Probably will deliver the most gains in 2018 of all NSE @1.35
2) Safaricom - Seems like they're venturing into cable TV, that'll be Yuge! @26
3) Kenya Power/Umeme - You can never go wrong with utility companies @9.15/12.45
4) Sanlam - The rising "middle class" is buying more insurance, plus a good management team. @27.75
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
cnn
#25 Posted : Monday, January 01, 2018 1:42:06 PM

My dividend portfolio will remain Starnchart ,BAT and WTK ...for capital gains KCB ,DTBK and Centum .
watesh
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 8:19:43 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket

This one depends on how well they stock and market. A small gain in market share will trigger a jump in price
obiero
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 8:36:33 AM

KQ to rise upto 30% for full year 2018

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:20:12 AM

Afroblk wrote:
1) Home Afrika - Probably will deliver the most gains in 2018 of all NSE @1.35
2) Safaricom - Seems like they're venturing into cable TV, that'll be Yuge! @26
3) Kenya Power/Umeme - You can never go wrong with utility companies @9.15/12.45
4) Sanlam - The rising "middle class" is buying more insurance, plus a good management team. @27.75

All the rest OK apart from HAFR which is likely to delist

obiero
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:23:41 AM

watesh wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket

This one depends on how well they stock and market. A small gain in market share will trigger a jump in price

Naivas making major moves in the CBD.. Uchumi likely to struggle

mlennyma
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:45:39 AM

obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket

Uchumi can take advantage of the nakumatt gap but must act fast
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 12:56:16 PM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi supermarket

Uchumi can take advantage of the nakumatt gap but must act fast

They may have the will but lack funding

nashx
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 5:05:21 PM

cnn wrote:
My dividend portfolio will remain Starnchart ,BAT and WTK ...for capital gains KCB ,DTBK and Centum .

What's up with WTK...seen a lot of supply coming up of late...Is there something spooking guys....but I remain a net buyer nevertheless at those prices (150-160)
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
Ericsson
#33 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 11:34:57 AM

Safaricom,KCB and Kenya Re
Stocks to watch in 2018
wukan
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:25:00 PM

wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Oil prices are rising;now at close to $70 a barrel.interest rates globally are going up.
Next year may not be a good year for stocks.

Contrarian thinking
If oil price rise then that makes turkana oil more viable so more dollars into KE for oil infrastructure more expatriate spending. Rising oil price also means weaker dollar(inverse relation) so its 'risk on' for frontier markets so more foreign investors into KE stocks. Interest rates won't go up so much coz Trump wants a weaker dollar to MAGA. The mid-term elections past Nov is what changes the scenario.

The key risk for KE stocks is another drought which is more likely as 2nd La nina is brewing. Weaker consumer purchasing power means soft company earnings, profit warnings, weak credit demand which means the calf won't mature into a bull.

2018 preserve cash and buy the dips. Best stocks to own KCB, Total, Jubilee. Speculating on cryptos is much more rewardingsmile smile

"The kenya exploration and appraisal campaign in kenya confirmed the presence of substantial oil resources in the south lokichar basin...East Africa on the verge of becoming a major oil exporting region" Tullow Oil

Phased development starts in 2019 and First oil in 2021/2022
shiznit
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:42:29 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
KQ: By 2020, KQ will be very well back on its knees

Lol, did Obiero open a new account to keep company in his KQ supporters' corner?Laughing out loudly
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
shiznit
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:49:15 PM

wukan wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Oil prices are rising;now at close to $70 a barrel.interest rates globally are going up.
Next year may not be a good year for stocks.

Contrarian thinking
If oil price rise then that makes turkana oil more viable so more dollars into KE for oil infrastructure more expatriate spending. Rising oil price also means weaker dollar(inverse relation) so its 'risk on' for frontier markets so more foreign investors into KE stocks. Interest rates won't go up so much coz Trump wants a weaker dollar to MAGA. The mid-term elections past Nov is what changes the scenario.

The key risk for KE stocks is another drought which is more likely as 2nd La nina is brewing. Weaker consumer purchasing power means soft company earnings, profit warnings, weak credit demand which means the calf won't mature into a bull.

2018 preserve cash and buy the dips. Best stocks to own KCB, Total, Jubilee. Speculating on cryptos is much more rewardingsmile smile

"The kenya exploration and appraisal campaign in kenya confirmed the presence of substantial oil resources in the south lokichar basin...East Africa on the verge of becoming a major oil exporting region" Tullow Oil

Phased development starts in 2019 and First oil in 2021/2022

Quote:
Africa Oil Corp. is pleased to provide the following update on activities in the South Lokichar basin (Blocks 10BB and 13T in Kenya).

The initial stage is planned to include 210 wells through 18 well pads at Ngamia and 70 wells through seven well pads at Amosing, with a planned plateau rate of 60,000 to 80,000 bopd. Additional stages of development are expected to increase plateau production to 100,000 bopd or greater.

It is anticipated that Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) for the initial stage will commence in 2018, with FID targeted for 2019 and first oil in 2021/22.
Africa Oil Kenya Operations Update
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
MugundaMan
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:06:44 PM

You are asking the wrong question brother.

You should be asking about 10 or 20 years from now. Not a pata potea 1 year which is the burial ground for those who buy and sell daily and find themselves in the red always.

If I could own one single stock to hold for 30 years, it would without a doubt be SCOM.

Unfortunately it is too pricey for my budget based on basic FA. But if I was to get a ksh 5m windfall. I would invest 4m of it on serious things and then gamble 1m of it on holding overpriced SCOM for thirty years.

EVRD is my other long term gamble. It's a turnaround situation whose merits I have argued elsewhere. Holding this one for 10 years minimum.

The other stock I would pick is a no brainer. I have mentioned it before; ICDC. In fact this is the single most attractive stock on all counts;

- Price to Book
- Booming Revenues
- Political connections
- Vision 2030 project links
- Super diversified
- Sharp management. In fact I'd argue that the Centum CEO is the sharpest tool in the NSE shed IMHO. And I'm not talking theoretical sharpness alone..he has unmatched practical smarts as well.

I foolishly bought ICDC back when it was still called ICDC for 6 bob, then sold at 12 a year later thinking I was a genius (my dummy days when my horizon was short term). Wapi? It soared to 20, then 30 shortly after! Bought back in at under 35 and will hold for the next 100 years assuming I will be still alive by then.
Horton
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 8:35:21 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

You should be asking about 10 or 20 years from now. Not a pata potea 1 year which is the burial ground for those who buy and sell daily and find themselves in the red always.

If I could own one single stock to hold for 30 years, it would without a doubt be SCOM.

Unfortunately it is too pricey for my budget based on basic FA. But if I was to get a ksh 5m windfall. I would invest 4m of it on serious things and then gamble 1m of it on holding overpriced SCOM for thirty years.

EVRD is my other long term gamble. It's a turnaround situation whose merits I have argued elsewhere. Holding this one for 10 years minimum.

The other stock I would pick is a no brainer. I have mentioned it before; ICDC. In fact this is the single most attractive stock on all counts;

- Price to Book
- Booming Revenues
- Political connections
- Super diversified
- Sharp management. In fact I'd argue that the Centum CEO is the sharpest tool in the NSE shed IMHO. And I'm not talking theoretical sharpness alone..he has unmatched practical smarts as well.

I foolishly bought ICDC back when it was still called ICDC for 6 bob, then sold at 12 a year later thinking I was a genius (my dummy days when my horizon was short term). Wapi? It soared to 20, then 30 shortly after! Bought back in at under 35 and will hold for the next 100 years assuming I will be still alive by then.

We finally agree on centum. Its worth 80/- definitely
Angelica _ann
#39 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 8:37:50 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom,KCB and Kenya Re
Stocks to watch in 2018

This Kenya Re, we have been watching it for the last 3 years @20bob smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
heri
#40 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 9:45:53 AM

Horton wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

- Price to Book
- Booming Revenues
- Political connections
- Super diversified

We finally agree on centum. Its worth 80/- definitely

How is Centum when CK is not active ? better or worse off?