wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Best Investment Scheme
Wondergirl
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 07, 2018 4:39:03 PM

Happy New year fellow investors! Does anyone know of a good investment scheme that gives a good monthly return? I'm heavily on stocks in the NSE, so that is not an option. Good times
Horton
#2 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 7:24:12 AM

Cytonn gives 18% PA
deadpoet
#3 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 7:47:00 AM

Britam's wealth management fund at 11.5% per annum
Ebenyo
#4 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 7:55:03 AM

Wondergirl wrote:
Happy New year fellow investors! Does anyone know of a good investment scheme that gives a good monthly return? I'm heavily on stocks in the NSE, so that is not an option. Good times

There is nothing like 'best' investment scheme.
All investments bore some levels of risks.
Its upon you to weigh your risk tolerance.You can do it by minimising your exposure to risk in each investment instrument.This is done by diversification of one portfolio.
For example,you can decide to balance your portfolio as follows:
1.Stocks-45%
2.Govt bonds-35%
3.Real estate-20%
This will make sure you are cushioned from any shocks.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 8:14:17 AM

Tafuta #cryptosystem smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Taurrus
#6 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 11:46:21 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

Its upon you to weigh your risk tolerance.You can do it by minimising your exposure to risk in each investment instrument.This is done by diversification of one portfolio.
1.Stocks-45%
2.Govt bonds-35%
3.Real estate-20%

Yet another chance for a Face to Face and a visit to say jambo to the governor!Laughing out loudly
Muthawamunene
#7 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 4:47:57 PM

Wondergirl wrote:

Speaking of, I too need to park some cash that I cannot afford to lose for a few years.
Conditions
1. I do not have the money in lump-sum but it will come in regular installments. This makes govt paper and fixed depos a bit complicated

2. I need the money available quickly in case of emergency; again not favoring govt paper

I have been thinking of Post bank's Premium Plus Account
link. I saw a poster that they are offering 10% pa. Can anyone here confirm that they;
1- Take cash in installments e.g monthly
2- The cash is available on the hour (as stated on the webpage)

Of course I intend to pay them a visit later this week, but I would love comments from Wazua.

The other option would be a money market fund as the amount does not yet qualify for Britam's or Cyttonn's wealth management service, yet.
sparkly
#8 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 8:05:03 PM

Wondergirl wrote:

@Wondergirl get in touch 0708733938. I know a scheme that gives good returns with an opportunity to earn commisions on business referred.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Wondergirl
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 7:58:01 AM

sparkly wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

@Wondergirl get in touch 0708733938. I know a scheme that gives good returns with an opportunity to earn commisions on business referred.

smile Will do
Wendz
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 11:11:07 AM

Wondergirl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

smile Will do

And report back.....
Wondergirl
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 11:32:06 AM

Wendz wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

smile Will do

And report back.....

smile Sure, big sisLaughing out loudly
winmak
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 2:45:54 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

Speaking of, I too need to park some cash that I cannot afford to lose for a few years.
Conditions
1. I do not have the money in lump-sum but it will come in regular installments. This makes govt paper and fixed depos a bit complicated

2. I need the money available quickly in case of emergency; again not favoring govt paper

I have been thinking of Post bank's Premium Plus Account
link. I saw a poster that they are offering 10% pa. Can anyone here confirm that they;
1- Take cash in installments e.g monthly
2- The cash is available on the hour (as stated on the webpage)

Of course I intend to pay them a visit later this week, but I would love comments from Wazua.

The other option would be a money market fund as the amount does not yet qualify for Britam's or Cyttonn's wealth management service, yet.

I think the Postbank one is an FD
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Ebenyo
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 3:36:52 PM

Taurrus wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

1.Stocks-45%
2.Govt bonds-35%
3.Real estate-20%

Yet another chance for a Face to Face and a visit to say jambo to the governor!Laughing out loudly

what do you mean @taurrus?

Towards the goal of financial freedom
Taurrus
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 09, 2018 7:53:29 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

1.Stocks-45%
2.Govt bonds-35%
3.Real estate-20%

what do you mean @taurrus?

@Obiero has learned some tricks from @Swenani!
MugundaMan
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:40:39 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

1.Stocks-45%
2.Govt bonds-35%
3.Real estate-20%

Great answer. In addition, what's a great investment for one person is not a great investment for someone else based on risk appetite, age, investment horizon, personal preferences, whether one has the brains, work ethic and talent for a specific investment, and so much more.

Wondergirl, I would advise you to be very careful about picking investment advice from forums like these. They are great places for exchange of ideas but ultimately, it boils down to what is a great investment for YOU based on YOUR personal situation, tastes, risk appetites and so on. For me personally, nothing beats a good ol' mugunda (plot) in or near Nairobi city.

You can't go wrong buying a legit ka 1/8th even if it is in Zimmerman, Joska or Kayole (if you have risk appetite for those). Or anywhere in Kajiado bordering Nairobi. I have seen prices shoot up like crazy the past decade and it is ending no time soon.

Stocks are more of legal gambling with a few extra coins left in the bank account, bonds are for the ultraconservative, but nothing beats migunda in Kenya today. When you see 21 year olds coming for all these site visits and buying like wild animals you too will appreciate the long term value, stability and reliability of this asset when properly bought. In ten years all those 21 year olds will be the major millionaires because they invested wisely. Not sure I can say the same for stock investors.
sparkly
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:40:16 PM

Wondergirl wrote:
Wendz wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:

smile Will do

And report back.....

smile Sure, big sisLaughing out loudly

The best investment scheme is the one that minimizes risk for the desired level of return/ Maximizes return for the risk adopted.

Life is short. Live passionately.