wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Yes 63% - Infotrak Harris Poll on proposed constitution of Kenya
muganda
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 7:26:25 PM

Whaaa, what an evening? So Infotrack Harris after polling a sample of 1,200 across 8 provinces in the last 4 days reports YES camp at 63% - pleased.
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Ka.../1/-/53qd9u/-/index.html

And then Prime Minister tears into the judiciary for a 'mischievous' ruling that shows they are an obstacle to reform...
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Ke...ever.
Don't know why that song is ringing in my head?
Magigi
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 8:52:31 AM

'Politicians allied to the Party of National Unity (PNU) are increasingly wary of Mr Odinga’s large presence in the Yes camp and feel that victory for the Green side, which backs the proposed constitution, will give him mileage in the 2012 presidential contest. The politicians — a good number of whom are President Kibaki’s loyalists — have been quietly lobbying for the draft’s rejection in their backyards as a protest against Mr Odinga. Some leaders who were initially vocal in the Yes crusade have adopted a cautious tone while others have gone quiet'.
Source: http://www.nation.co.ke/News/po.../-/12b14kuz/-/index.html

MASATANI...WASHINDWE!!! Many of those working behind the scenes to shoot down the draft are people who were castrated by Moi because of a bad constitution and they dare support him in what he
is doing. Some people !!!
Ray
#3 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 9:15:00 AM

"In fact the draft favours the dominant over the dominated. Academically, anybody can marshal 50-plus-one per cent to become president. In reality, this is political nonsense. The presidency will be the preserve of the dominant “nations”.

The dominated “others” will have to scavenge and nibble around the counties. But why do I say so? The Rift Valley vote is 2.9 million; the Kikuyu vote is 2.7 million. In fact, the Luhya and Luo vote combined does not equal the Rift Valley vote.

If this is true, the presidency will be determined by two communities only. This is our tribal reality; our untidy path to future problems if we pass the draft. And to Gema and Kamatusa dominance, I say No."

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Op...2/-/ppf64hz/-/index.html

You can guess the next polls.
PONDI
#4 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 9:26:00 AM

who he has ever taken part in these polls? or knows anyone who has? one thing I do know, the yes brigade is ahead, but not by much. more like 55 vrs 45. we did a poll at my local, and the meat roaster turned out to be the 'decider'.... we of the NO camp won... most ladies sided with no and hinted the church influenced them a lot. akina hellon...
Obi 1 Kanobi
#5 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 1:16:58 PM

PONDI wrote:
who he has ever taken part in these polls? or knows anyone who has? one thing I do know, the yes brigade is ahead, but not by much. more like 55 vrs 45. we did a poll at my local, and the meat roaster turned out to be the 'decider'.... we of the NO camp won... most ladies sided with no and hinted the church influenced them a lot. akina hellon...

He hehe...

I also took a pub poll at my locals and the Yes Camp won by 98%. We have decided to throw a Yes Victory party at the pub come Aug 4
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Tuareg
#6 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 6:54:08 PM

At the 'Home Boys' kinyozi, where i get my hair cut, 3 polls over the lat two months, its always a white wash in favour of yes at well over 85 %